Jhené Aiko started first musical career when contributing vocals for a group band named B2K. In 2002, she signed a contract with The Ultimate Group.
She was featured on the band’s album and appeared as a guest vocalist in their songs. She also formed an R&B group named Gyrl.
After that, she appeared in many music videos for O’Ryan. B2K, and P.Y.T. In 2003, she launched her single called NO L.O.V.E.
Yet, in 2003, she returned to her education and hold her self-titled album back due to musical differences with her label.
In 2007, she made a comeback, then released a mixtape named Sailing Soul(s) in 2011. The next year, she released her initial EP named Sail Out.
Her EP ranked #8 on the US Billboard 200. It also led her to get a nomination for Best Urban Contemporary Album at the 2015 Grammy Awards.
In 2013, she was featured in Big Sean’s song called Beware and is ranked on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Full name: Jhené Aiko Efuru Chilombo
- Stage name: Jhené Aiko
- Nickname: Nay, NeNe, Penny
- Born: March 16, 1988 in California, USA
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity and Buddhism
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: West Los Angeles College
- Hobbies: Water coloring
- Parents: Dr. Karamo Chilombo (Father) and Christina Yamamoto (Mother)
- Sibling: Miyagi Cholombo, Miyoko Cholombo, Mila J Cholombo, Jahi Cholombo
- Boyfriend: Big Sean
- Facebook: @JheneAiko
- Twitter: @JheneAiko
- Instagram: @jheneaiko
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: Jhené Aiko Official
- Her trademark is a 5-octave range.
- Aiko has many tattoos on her body.
- Eminem, Tupac, and Kendrick Lamar are Jhené’s musical influences.
- Aiko has an alter-ego named J.Hennessy.
- She likes collecting crystals.
- Jhené loves listening to No Scrubs by TLC and Bump & Grind by R. Kelly.
- Aiko loves bathing when she feels stressed out and overwhelmed.
- She uses her liquid soap to wash her body, hair, crystals, and even dishes.
- Her family’s house burned down at the age of 7.
- Aiko was homeschooled until high school.
- She is multiracial. Her mother is of Dominican, Japanese, and Spanish ancestry. Meanwhile, her father is of German, African, American descent.
- She was known as Lil’ Fizz’s Cousin during her early career.
- From 2005 to 2008 Aiko dated American singer O’Ryan.
- When Nay was 20, she gave birth to a daughter named Namiko Love Browner with her ex-boyfriend O’Ryan.
- In 2012, her brother passed away due to brain cancer.
- She experienced a car accident in Los Angeles in 2013.
- Aiko was featured in VIBE magazine for the Summer edition.
- She married to American producer named Dot Da Genius in July 2014, but divorced three years later.
- Forbes magazine listed Aiko in its 30 Under 30 – Music list.
- She dated Big Sean and the relationship went on and off since 2016.
- In Spring 2019, she appeared on Venice magazine’s cover.
- Billboard magazine featured the singer in November 2020.
Pics of Jhené Aiko
1. The pattern of her dress is head-turning
2. She looks pretty with the flower on top of her dress
3. A selfie from Jhené Aiko!
4. She makes a short black dress look more colorful
5. It looks like a fresh summer outfit, right?
Jhené Aiko’s musical style has led herself to a successful career and huge popularity.