Ciara is an American singer, actress, dancer, and songwriter, who is famous for her album Goodies in 2004.
With this in mind, she gained popularity, ranked at number three on the US Billboard 200, and reached the top on the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
Ciara started her career by forming a group with her friends. Yet, they have many differences and are separated.
Then, she wrote songs for other singers, such as Blu Cantrell and Fantasia Barrino. In 2003, she signed a contract with LaFace Records and released her debut single called Goodies.
Next, she released her album with the same title in 2004. The album ranked at number three on the U.S. Billboard 200 and reached the top rank on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
It also received the platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America three times.
In 2006, she got four nominations from the 2006 Grammy Awards and won Best Short-Form Music Video for her song Lose Control.
Her second album named, Ciara: The Evolution, was released in 2006. It peaked at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 and sold more than 2 million worldwide.
She began her acting debut in All You’ve Got in 2006. In 2009, she also professionally embarked on the modeling industry, as she joined an agency named Wilhelmina Models.
She continued producing incredible songs since those got reputable awards, including MTV Video Music Awards and BET Awards.
Not only that, but she is also active on social media such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube to greet her fans worldwide.
Read more: Marshmello – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Full Name: Ciara Princess Harris
- Stage Name: Ciara
- Nickname: Ci, The Princess, Ci Ci
- Birthday: October 25, 1985
- Birthplace: Fort Hood, Texas, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Dancer
- Education: Riverdale High School
- Hobbies: Doing water sports and traveling
- Facebook: @ciaramusic
- Twitter: @ciara
- Instagram: @ciara
- TikTok: @ciara
- YouTube: Ciara Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 177 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 62 kg (137 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: 34-24-35 (Bust-34, Waist-24, and Hips-35 in inches)
- Shoe Size: 11 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Father: Carlton Harris
- Mother: Jackie Harris
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Husband, Boyfriend, & Dating History
Ciara dated Lakyle Thomas when she was still in high school. In this case, their relationship started in 2002 and lasted about a year.
Shortly after graduating from high school, Ciara’s career took off; since then, she has never looked back.
The pair had a special relationship from August to June 2004. However, their relationship did not end well after Lloyd claimed Ciara was lost in her fame.
In 2004, Ciara and American rapper/TV presenter Shad Moss (Lil’ Bow Wow) started dating. Like their previous relationships, the pair released songs together and quickly became the ‘it’ couple in 2005.
However, they separated in 2006 after rumors started circulating that Bow Wow had been unfaithful and had affairs with multiple women.
Then, in 2018, Hip Hop Bow Wow revealed that the couple had been engaged s, but Ciara never confirmed this.
After collaborating on a song project together, rapper 50 Cent was also suspected of having an affair.
Since 2007, the pair had rumors of being in an on-off relationship until 2010. Then, in 2012, they got back together after 50 Cent split from Chelsea Handler.
Later that year, Cent and Ciara received another breakup — but this time, for the last time.
Since then, the beautiful singer has denied ever having a romantic relationship with the rapper despite the speculations about it.
During Trey Songz Antlanta’s stop for his tour, Ciara had a brief fling with Trey in 2010.
This rumor arose because Trey gave Ciara sensual massages while on tour, leading many to believe that they were romantically involved that year.
In December 2010, it became clear that Ciara was in a relationship with New York Knicks star Amar’e.
They spent time together eating at New York diner STK and traveling around town.
However, the romance was short-lived, as they separated in August 2011. There is no detailed information about the couple’s breakup.
The American NFL quarterback had a special relationship with Ciara in August 2011. Then, in October, the couple got serious about dating.
Unfortunately, despite the speculation, neither Newton nor Ciara have confirmed their relationship, but they spent time together.
It wasn’t long before the romance seemed to be an affair, as they broke up just a few months later.
Ciara’s relationship with Future made headlines after several years together. They first had dating rumors back in 2013.
Later, they confirmed the speculation and proved their love by appearing together in many Hollywood events.
Then, the couple got engaged in October 2013. Despite not announcing it, Ciara was pregnant and welcomed their son Future Zahir in May 2014.
However, they went through several conflicts in their relationship, including Future going through cheating allegations in 2014.
Ciara and Russel’s special relationship first dated in 2015. Later, Russel proposed to her in March 2016 during a European vacation.
Then, they soon decided to get married in July 2016. The couple perfected the relationship and welcomed their first child, Sienna, the following year.
Her net worth is around $20 million. Her primary income is from several jobs, such as singer, songwriter, and actress.
- Her trademarks are her breathy soprano vocals and long black hair.
- Her musical influences include Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson.
- Ciara’s name was inspired by the Revlon fragrance.
- She and Rapper T.I. are apparently cousins.
- When she was a child, she lived in different places, such as Germany, California, and Utah.
- She loves eating cheesecake.
- In 2005, Maxim magazine named her one of the Hot 100.
- She received six nominations at the 2005 MTV Video Music Awards.
- She became the face of Rocawear, Jay-Z’s clothing line, in 2007.
- In 2008, she performed the song Just Stand Up to Cancer, alongside Beyoncé, Rihanna, and more.
- The following year, Dosomething.org chose Ciara as its campaign’s face.
- People magazine listed her as one of the most beautiful people in the world in 2009.
- She also became the model of the Vogue German edition in 2009.
- In the same year, LG endorsed her to promote their LG Chocolate Touch.
- Adidas Originals appointed her to be its spokesperson in 2010.
- World Music Awards nominated her for five categories, including Best Song and Best Album.
- In 2016, she married Russell Wilson, an American football quarterback, in England.
- The singer also became Revlon’s Global Brand Ambassador.
- Her daughter, named Sienna Princess Wilson, was born in 2017.
- Along with her husband, she took ownership of Seattle Sounders FC.
- In July 2020, she gave birth to her son, Win Harrison Wilson.
- Her ideal type is…
Read more: Britney Spears – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- America’s Most Musical Family (Nickelodeon | 2019-2020), as Judge
- Sherman’s Showcase (IFC | 2019), as The Sherman’s Showcase Dancers
- Love Advent (Channel 4 | 2016), as Ciara
Music Video Appearances
- Jump – Feat. Coast Contra (2022)
- Rooted – Feat. Ester Dean (2020)
- You Need to Calm Down – Taylor Swift (2019)
- Set – ft. The Lab (2019)
- Beauty Marks – Ciara (2019)
- Thinkin Bout You – Ciara (2019)
- Greatest Love – Ciara (2019)
- Dose – Ciara (2018)
- Freak – Feat. Tekno: Me (2018)
- Level Up – Ciara (2018)
- Lose Control – feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop (2005)
- 2018 Soul Train Award – Best Dance Performance
- 2013 Soul Train Award – Best Dance Performance
- 2013 BET Award – Best Smile
- 2010 Soul Train Award – Best Dance Performance
- 2005 BET Award – Best Collaboration
- 2015 BET Award – Best Female R&B/Pop Artist
- 2013 American Music Award – Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist
- 2005 American Music Award – Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist
- 2005 Billboard Music Award – Female R&B/Hip-Hop Artist of the Year
- 2005 MTV VMA – Best Dance Video
- 2004 Billboard Music Award – Female New Artist of the Year
“This digital world is what you make of it in the end.”
“I have to be tough in my work environment and tough in the world.”
“I don’t want to sound too cocky. But I consider myself superwoman.”
“Cute accessories always help bring out your outfit and pull it all together.”
“I’m a tomboy at heart. I always like to say that I’m an ordinary girl doing extraordinary things.”
“Confidence is everything. Confidence is what makes that simple white tee and jeans look good.”
“If you don’t embrace who you are and accept who you are, you won’t be able to live a happy life.”
“Education is everything – education is your power, education is your way in life for whatever you want to do.”
“My journey has been a very fun one because I’ve chosen to make the best of every challenge that I’ve had along the way no matter what.”
“Sometimes you have to stop to think, regroup and regather yourself and realize how lucky you are to still be living and to still be breathing and still be able to even have a chance.”
“Everything in life is about timing. I’ve been able to have my experiences and learn from them and kind of figure out the thing that works for me and is best for me, and that’s all I can really say.”
Pics of Ciara
1. Ciara’s side profile is amazing
2. The red dress looks gorgeous on her!
3. A selfie from Ciara with turquoise hair
4. Let’s chill together at home!
5. What do you think of The Princess’ bold outfit?
Ciara always gives the best performance because she has always loved music and dance.