What long distance relationship quotes do you look to for reassurance or inspiration on the most challenging days of your relationship?
A well-chosen quotation can be highly effective. It is possible to convey a great deal of melancholy, longing, and affection in only a few words.
An inspiring or motivating long-distance love phrase might rekindle feelings of hope or determination.
A dozen words can adequately express your ideas and feelings, or they can provide you with a fresh point of view.
On some level, an excellent long-distance relationship quote will cause a chill to go down your spine as if the words had struck a giant bronze bell deep within your soul.
Here are some of our favorite long-distance relationship quotes, which are suitable for any occasion.
At some point, during many years of being involved in a long distance relationship, every single one of these long-distance love quotes rang a bronze bell in our hearts.
Read also: 110 Life Changing Quotes That Strengthen You
Best Long Distance Relationship Quotes For You
1. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – (A.A. Milne, Winnie The Poo)
2. “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – (Thomas Fuller)
3. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – (Helen Keller)
4. “Distance teaches us to appreciate the days that we are able to spend together and distance teaches us the definition of patience. It is a reminder that every moment together is special, and every second should be cherished.” – (unknown)
5. “I don’t miss you and you alone – I miss you and me together.” – (unknown)
6. “If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.” – (Bernard Byer)
7. “Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.” – (Meghan Daum)
8. “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)” – (e.e. cummings)
9. “The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance, but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver)
10. “It seemed that we loved each other better when there were large swaths of two continents between us. The daily work of love was often hard to perform at home.” (Aleksandar Hemon)
11. “When your absence is felt, your presence is the essence and it makes a difference.” – (Michael Bassey Johnson)
12. “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – (Michael Bassey Johnson)
13. “Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
To think that I do not have her.
To feel that I have lost her.
To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.”
14. “And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – (Khalil Gibran)
15. “We are the perfect couple, we’re just not in the perfect situation.” – (unknown)
16. “The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.” – (Edward Thomas)
17. “Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.” – (James Thurber)
18. “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” – (A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh)
19. “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy- I am telling you it is going to be worth it.” – (Art Williams)
20. “You have to go wholeheartedly into anything in order to achieve anything worth having.” – (Frank Lloyd Wright)
21. “Definition of a long-distance relationship: Inconveniently the most effective way to find out if you really love each other.” – (unknown)
22. “But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby.” – (Lemony Snicket)
23. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” – (Edna St. Vincent Millay)
24. “It’s been a year and 3 months since we’ve kissed, and I rather have the ghost of his mouth on my lips than kiss anyone else.” – (Alisha Khan)
25. “Long-distance relationships are hard, but they’re also incredible. If you can love, trust, respect, and support each other from a distance then you’ll be unstoppable once you’re physically together.” – (unknown)
26. “I miss you even more than I could have believed, and I was prepared to miss you a good deal.” – (Vita Sackville-West)
27. “That is when time stands still – when you watch the one you love, walk away.” – (Mallika Nawal)
28. “When you come back you will not be you.
And I may not be I.” – (E.M. Forster)
29. “As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delights of presence best known by the torments of absence.” – (Alcibiades)
30. “Time is the longest distance between two places.” – (Tennesse Williams)
31. “I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love in the years we were apart.” – (Nicholas Sparks)
32. “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.” – (Ed Sheeran)
33. “This is the sad bed of chosen chastity because you are miles and mountains away.” – (Erica Jong)
34. “My dear, I think of you always and at night I build myself a warm nest of things I remember and float in your sweetness till morning.” – (Zelda Fitzgerald)
35. “What I have with you is worth it. It is worth every lonely night, every tear I cry from missing you, and the pain I feel from not having you close. It is worth it because you are my one and only. When I picture myself years from now, I see only you. No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse.” – (unknown)
36. “In many ways, the art of love is largely the art of persistence.” – (Albert Ellis)
37. “If distance were measured in terms of the heart we’d never be more than a minute apart.” – (unknown)
38. “Nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” – (Calla Quinn)
39. “No matter where I am, no matter where I go, your heart is my northern light, I will always find my way home.” – (Michael Kilby)
40. “Love is not finding someone to live with. It’s finding someone you can’t live without.” – (Rafael Ortiz)
41. “Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.” – (Doug Fetherling)
42. “Come what sorrow can
It cannot countervail the exchange of joy
That one short minute gives me in her sight.”
(Shakespeare – Romeo & Juliet)
43. “I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen.” – (A.A. Milne – Winnie The Poo)
44. “I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.” – (Jodi Picoult)
45. “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – (Donna Lynn Hope)
46. “The value of love is slowly lost when we have way too much. There is just no time to appreciate it. It is in times of separation and distance that you truly understand the meaning of love.” – (Tiffany Health)
47. “The only good thing about being apart is that I always have something beautiful to look forward to.” – (unknown)
48. “I love no one but you, I have discovered, but you are far away and I am here alone. Then this is my life and maybe, however unlikely, I’ll find my way back there. Or maybe, one day, I’ll settle for second best. And on that same day, hell will freeze over, the sun will burn out and the stars will fall from the sky.” – (Lemony Snicket)
49. “Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.” – (Cheryl Ott)
50. “Being close is the first and last desire of lovers, but being far and loving each other without an inch’s difference is the characteristic of real love.” – (Senora Ray)
51. “Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – (Saint-Exupery)
52. “Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.” – (Colley Cibbe)
53. “While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.” – (Nicholas Sparks)
54. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – (Lao Tzu)
55. “If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you.” – (unknown)
56. “Love is begun by time
And time qualifies the spark and fire of it.” – (Shakespeare – Hamlet)
57. “Once trust is built, distance cannot kill it. Time and space alone cannot destroy the authentic connection.” – (Veronika Tugaleva)
58. “It is a risk to love.
What if it doesn’t work out?
Ah, but what if it does?”
59. “The harder the fight, the greater the victory.” – (Chris Burkmenn)
60. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – (Henry Ford)
61. “Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.” – (Erica Jong)
62. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – (Albert Einstein)
63. “Slow down. Calm down. Don’t worry. Don’t hurry. Trust the process.” – (Alexandra Stoddard)
64. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – (Helen Keller)
65. “Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits.” – (unknown)
66. “Time is the longest distance between two places.” – (Tennesse Williams)
67. “I want to be with you. It’s as simple, as complicated as that.” – (Charles Bukowski)
68. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – (Kay Knudson)
69. “I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – (Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
70. “I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.” – (Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
71. “I wonder why people still underestimate the authenticity of long-distance relationships. I fell in love with his soul before I could even touch his skin. If that isn’t true love, then please tell me what is.” – (unknown)
72. “Be the success story you’re looking for. Be the ones to survive your long-distance relationship. Be the inspiration for others to follow.” – (Dee King)
73. “When something is missing in your life, it usually turns out to be someone.” – (Robert Brault)
74. “When we are in love we often doubt that which we most believe.” – (La Rochefoucauld)
75. “Without a single thought, two hands collide and the world finally makes sense again.” – (Kayla Dawn)
76. “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.” – (Leo Buscaglia)
77. “What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – (Helen Keller)
78. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – (Lao Tzu)
79. “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” – (Loretta Young)
80. “Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.” – (Rainer Maria Rilke)
81. “The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.” – (Thich Nhat Hanh)
82. “The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time.” – (Lawrence Durrell)
83. “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” – (Margaret Atwood)
84. “Missing you gets easier everyday because even though I am one day further from the last time I saw you, I am one day closer to the next time I will see you.” – (unknown)
85. “You say good morning
When it’s midnight” – (Jet Lag, by Plain & Simple)
86. “Definition of a long distance relationship: Inconveniently the most effective way to find out if you really love each other.”
87. “Whoever coined the term “absence makes a heart grow fonder,” was an idiot. Absence makes a bitch grow crazy.”
88. “You are formally invited to delight me with a surprise visit during the long weekend. PS. If you don’t, I will drive to you and kick your butt.”
89. “If anyone asks me “what is hell?” I would answer “Distance between two people who love each other.”
90. “This message is to let you know that your girlfriend is having a hard time coping up with your absence. Maybe a gift will cheer her up.”
91. That, “You hang up first,” No, YOU hang up first” crap is really only funny the first two or three hundred times.”
92. “I miss you like an idiot misses the point.”
93. “I wish I could copy and paste you into my bed.”
94. “I am in my bed. You are in your bed. One of us is in the wrong place.”
95. “Aw, your boyfriend’s at work and you miss him? That’s cute. Try being in a long distance relationship and get back to me.”
96. “I know they say that only the strongest of couples can stay apart but, really, strength is overrated when it’s stacked up against togetherness. So get back into my arms.”
97. “If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you.”
98. “They say long distance relationships will teach you to communicate well… We should be mind-readers by now.”
99. “I miss you so much, that I can’t stop thinking about you no matter what I am doing. P.S., I wrote this message while I was on the toilet.”
100. “When something is missing in your life, it usually turns out to be someone.”
Read also: 100 Best Marriage Advice Quotes For You
These long distance relationship quotes were a lot of fun to put together! Consider sending a message to a special someone containing a favorite quote of yours.
If you don’t see one another much or can’t wait to see one another again, the power of words can bring you and your loved one closer together. Today is the day to show your loved ones how much you appreciate them!