Luis Fonsi has been interested in singing since he was a child. His professional career as a singer started when he was offered a contract by Universal Music Latin and recorded his debut album called Comenzaré in 1998. The album reached #11 on the Billboard’s Top Latin Albums chart.
His breakthrough was recording a duet with Christina Aguilera in 2000 for her album Mi Reflejo. In the same year, the song he composed for Ednita Nazario received a Latin Grammy Award.
One of Luis’ huge successes was Despacito, a song featuring Daddy Yankee. It got 5 billion views within a year and became one of the most viewed videos worldwide.
This singer also had several acting roles. In 1992, Luis appeared in a movie titled Como Agua Para Chocolate. In 2004, he starred in Corazones al límite, a Mexican telenovela.
Throughout his career, Luis has gained many awards including iHeartRadio Music Awards, LOS40 Music Awards, and MTV Millennial Awards.
He also has collaborated with other famous singers, such as Claudia Brant, Demi Lovato, and Sebastián Yatra.
- Full name: Luis Alfonso Rodríguez López-Cepero
- Stage name: Luis Fonsi
- Nickname: Luis, Fonsi Rodríguez
- Born: April 15, 1978 in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Height: 1.7 m
- Nationality: Puerto Rican and American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Dr. Phillips High School
- Hobbies: Singing, go clubbing
- Parents: Alfonso Rodríguez (Father) and Delia Rodríguez (Mother)
- Sibling: Jean Rodríguez, Tatiana Rodríguez
- Wife: Águeda López
- Facebook: @luisfonsi
- Instagram: @luisfonsi
- TikTok: @luisfonsi
- YouTube: Luis Fonsi Official
- Lusi can speak both Spanish and English.
- He looks up to singers Luis Miguel and Brian McKnight.
- He becomes good friends with Joey Fatone and *NSYNC.
- When he was in school, Luis joined the school’s choir.
- He also participated in a group named Big Guys and sang for local festivals.
- After graduating high school, Luis attended Florida State University School of Music with a full scholarship.
- There, he joined a singing club the Florida State University Singers.
- He once sang with a British orchestra named the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.
- He started dating an actress named Adamari López in 2003.
- Two years later, the woman was diagnosed with cancer and Luis immediately canceled his tour.
- He asked her about his work trips and cancer treatment to Miami, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
- In June 2006, the couple married, but then divorced in November 2010.
- This singer has been an ambassador for a research facility named St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- In 2014, Luis married a Spanish model named Águeda López.
- The couple welcomed their first daughter called Mikaela in December 2011.
- In December 2016, his wife gave birth to a son named Rocco.
- TC Candler listed him as one of the most handsome faces in 2017.
- In the same year, People magazine named Luis the Sexiest Man Alive.
- Luis was awarded the Global Gift Philanthropy Award for his role in helping the victims of Hurricane Maria in 2017.
Pics of Luis Fonsi
1. Luis’s performance is always amazing
2. He wears a floral shirt on stage
3. The yellow accent on Luis’s jacket is stunning!
4. The red bag contrasts his all-black outfit
5. Luis chills at a resort near the beach
Luis Fonsi is a famous singer who always proud of Latin culture and spread it around the globe.