Ramón Rodríguez, known as Daddy Yankee, firstly intended to be a professional baseball player. However, Yankee was shot in his leg.
When taking a break, he used it to record music. His first appearance was in a mixtape by DJ Playero called Playero 34 in 1994. A year later, this singer released his initial studio album titled No Mercy.
He continued finding his music identity and finally performed reggaeton, which he was credited as the pioneer in the genre.
Yankee then expanded his career to the international market through his second album, El Cangri.com. Yankee has become one of the most influential artists in the world.
Guinness World Records has recorded his name as the first Latin artist that reaches #1 on Spotify’s Global Artist chart and first YouTube video that got five billion views from his song with Luis Fonsi, Despacito.
Throughout his career, Yankee has been endorsed by major brands, such as Reebok, Pepsi, and Walmart.
He even became the first Latin artist that was endorsed by Reebok. The rapper also received many prestigious awards, such as Billboard Music Awards, American Music Awards, and Latin Grammy Awards.
- Full Name: Ramón Luis Ayala Rodríguez
- Stage Name: Daddy Yankee
- Nickname: El Cangri, The Big Boss
- Born: February 3, 1976, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: Puerto Rican, American
- Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 78 kg (172 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, rapper, songwriter
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Singing
- Parents: – (Father), Rosa Rodríguez (Mother)
- Sibling: Nomar Ayala, Melvin Ayala
- Wife: Mireddys González
- Facebook: @daddyyankee
- Twitter: @daddy_yankee
- Instagram: @daddyyankee
- TikTok: @daddyyankee
- YouTube: Daddy Yankee Official
- Media named him the King of Reggaeton.
- His unforgettable childhood memory was when his mother cooked rice, beans, and chicken.
- Yankee’s best-loved homecooked dishes are rice and bean.
- He thinks the best Puerto Rican meal for Thanksgiving are rice, pasteles, and turkey.
- Meanwhile, hip hop and Jamaican music are the genres he was influenced by.
- He grew up listening to Michael Jackson, Phil Collings, and El Puma.
- This rapper is a huge fan of baseball.
- His favorite team is Los Angeles Dodgers, and he has the teams’ hat.
- The singer thinks the best thing about being a Latina artist is to be able to travel the world.
- Yankee met his wife Mireddys González when they were little.
- The couple married when they were 17 years old.
- Their first daughter Yamilet Ayala González was born soon after they got married.
- Two years later, the second daughter was named Jesaeelys Ayala González.
- In May 2000, the third child, a son, named Jeremy Jahmar Ayala González was born.
- Yankee released a clothing line called DY in 2006.
- In 2006, Time magazine included him on the list of the 100 most influential people worldwide.
- He received the Latino of the Year Award from Harvard College in 2008.
- In 2008, he endorsed the American senator John McCain.
- After Hurricane Maria, the singer donated 100,000 USD to the Food Bank of Puerto Rico.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of Daddy Yankee
1. Yankee’s performance is always fantastic!
2. He smiles brightly for receiving many awards
3. The rapper loves traveling around the world
4. The floral outfit gives a summer vibe
5. He wears many accessories on stage
Daddy Yankee has built his music career to be known by worldwide fans and awarded a lot of awards.