Before becoming a YouTuber, Mark Rober worked for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. He worked there for nine years on the Curiosity Rover.
During his work at NASA, he made viral videos about space and science. His first viral video was about a Halloween costume when he wore an iPad 2 torso in 2011, which got 1.5 million views in one day only.
In 2012, Mark released a Halloween costume company. His costumes were featured by famous media, such as CNN, Yahoo! News, and GMA. The costume then was sold to a British company that produces Morphsuits.
He was invited to TEDx and delivered a speech about making ideas. Mark also made several appearances on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
The YouTuber also contributed some pieces to the men’s magazine, Men’s Health, and was featured by Wall Street Journal.
Mark appeared in Studio C channel when he and his casts were stranded on a deserted island.
He won Streamy Awards in 2020 for the Learning and Education category. That year he also worked with Jimmy Kimmel for Discovery Channel.
- Full name: Mark B. Rober
- Stage name: Mark Rober
- Nickname: Mark, Digital Dudz, Mars Rover
- Born: March 11, 1980, California, US
- Zodiac sign: Pisces
- Nationality: American
- Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
- Weight: 62 kg (136 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Internet personality
- Education: Mechanical Engineering, University of Southern California
- Hobbies: Experimenting with space, technology, and science
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Wife: Lisa Rober
- Facebook: @MarkRoberYouTube
- Twitter: @MarkRober
- Instagram: @markrober
- TikTok: @markrober
- YouTube: Mark Rober Offiicial
- Mark is an advocate for raising people’s awareness about autism.
- His child has an autistic disorder.
- Wall Street Journal said his videos get twenty-seven million views on average and the most on all of YouTube.
- The YouTuber pets two dogs at his house.
- His secret is doing big and crazy wholesome stuff.
- In 1998, he attended Brigham Young University and earned his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2004.
- In 2010, Mark continued his study at the University of Southern California.
- Mark and the YouTuber Lindsay Ellis received their master’s degrees from the same university.
- In 2011, his mother passed away after battling Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- When working with NASA, he designed some hardware, such as Mars Science Laboratory, AMT, and GRAIL.
- Mark made 250,000 USD in three weeks with zero advertising when selling the Halloween costume.
- He secretly worked for Apple as a Product Design Engineer from 2015 to 2019.
- Mark was rumored to work on the virtual reality project.
- In 2018, many people questioned the validity of his video about a thief stealing his porch.
- He admitted that the video is fake and issued an apology to his subscribers.
- Mark joined MrBeast’s campaign #TeamTrees in 2019.
- In 2020, he was tested positive for the virus Covid-19. He announced it on one of the videos filming sharks in the Bahamas.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of Mark Rober
1. He shows how Nasa landing its spacecraft on Mars
2. Mark poses with a leg for his YouTube video
3. The YouTuber took a selfie inside a plane
4. The hoodie with a hole in his milestone
5. He describes himself as a friend of science
Mark Rober stands out from other YouTubers due to his creativity in science and technology. No wonder he got many views and subscribers.