He choose Mark Twain as his alias in writing. He has to work to pay his bill so he didn’t get enough education.
Mark Twain recognized as a first American writer. His opus like Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer become worldwide favourite.
From his life journey and his masterpiece, Mark twain has many famous quotes, from friendship, life love, and funny quotes. Here 50 of Mark Twain quotes that inspire us.
Read also: Read This 60 Lao Tzu Quotes and Find Your True Self
1.The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
2. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
3. That desire which is in us all to better other people’s condition by having them think as we think.
4. “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
5. “Everything has its limit – iron ore cannot be educated into gold.”
6. “Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.”
7. “Clothes do not merely make the man. clothes are the man.”
8. “There are people who can do all fine and heroic things but one – keep from telling their happiness to the unhappy.”
9. “Character is the architect of achievements.”
10.”Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
11.”The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”
12. “When in doubt‚ tell the truth.”
13. “Explore. Dream. Discover.”
14. “A successful book is not made of what is in it, but of what is left out of it.”
15. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
16.“Worrying is like paying a debt you don’t owe.”
17.“If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.”
18. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and starting on the first one.”
19. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.”
20.”There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded. “
21.”The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.”
22. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.”
23. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
24.“It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.”
25. “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”
26. “None of us can be as great as God, but any of us can be as good.”
27. “Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts or happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thoughts that is forever flowing through one’s head.”
28.”Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.”
29. “Just because you’re taught that something’s right and everyone believes it’s right, it don’t make it right.”
30.”When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.”
31. “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”
32. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”
33. “If you want love and abundance in your life, give it away.”
34. “Success is a journey, not a destination. It requires constant effort, vigilance and reevaluation.”
35. “The heart is the real fountain of youth.”
36. “Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes—no one knows whence, and cannot explain itself.”
37. “Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.”
38. “A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.”
39. “Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions.”
40.”The lack of money is the root of all evil.”
41.”There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.”
42. “A little more kindness, a little less speed, a little more giving, a little less greed, a little more smile, a little less frown, a little less kicking, a man while he’s down, a little more ‘We’, a little less ‘I’, a little more laugh, a little less cry, a little more flowers, on the pathway of life, and fewer on graves, at the end of the strife.”
43. ” Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
44. “Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing.”
45. “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”
46. “Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.”
47.“Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them.”
48.”The unspoken word is capital. We can invest it or we can squander it.”
49. “Don’t dream your life, but live your dream.”
50. “When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old.”
Read also: 60 Motivational Quotes That Will Make You Survive
Because of his popular opus, Even Ernest Hemingway recognized Mark Twain as founding father of American Modern literature and the quotes are very inspiring.