Meghan Trainor started singing when she was six years old. Her family supported her music career, and she began learning song arrangements and playing musical instruments.
Meghan performed for a cover band called Island Fusion at the age of 12. When Meghan was 15 to 17, she launched three independent albums, and eventually released a debut album titled her name in December 2009.
In 2012, Meghan became a songwriter-for-hire and released a song called Who I Wanna Be.
She wrote and helped other singers produce songs and became background vocals for demos. In June 2014, she released All About That Bass.
It became her breakthrough as it was sold 11 million copies worldwide, reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, and got platinum certification from the RIAA.
Throughout her music career, Meghan got many awards, including ASCAP Pop Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and Grammy Awards.
- Full name: Meghan Elizabeth Trainor
- Stage name: Meghan Trainor
- Nickname: Meghan
- Born: December 22, 1993, in Massachusetts, U.S
- Zodiac sign: Capricorn
- Height: 1.64 m
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Nauset Regional High School
- Hobbies: Bowling and playing trumpet
- Parents: Gary Trainor (Father) and Kelli Trainor (Mother)
- Sibling: Ryan Trainor, Justin Trainor
- Husband: Daryl Sabara
- Facebook: @meghantrainorsongs
- Twitter: @Meghan_Trainor
- Instagram: @meghan_trainor
- TikTok: @meghantrainor
- YouTube: Meghan Trainor Official
- Meghan’s biggest musical influences are Beyoncé, Britney Spears, and Bruno Mars.
- This singer has been described as a contralto due to her low vocal range.
- She often uses African-American English when writing her songs.
- Her parents were jewelers. Her father also became a music teacher and organist.
- Meghan grew up listening to 1950s music, jazz, and doo-wop.
- At that time, her father always played James Brown and Frank Sinatra.
- During her childhood, she aspired to be a recording artist.
- When she was a teenager, Meghan moved to Orleans, then North Eastham.
- She became a substitute cheerleader when she was in high school.
- At the age of 15, Meghan took guitar classes from Johnny Spampinato.
- In 2014, Rolling Stone magazine described Meghan as the Most Unlikely Pop Star.
- Billboard also listed the singer into their list of 14 Musicians with Body Positive Messages in the same year.
- She met an actor Daryl Sabara at a house party in Los Angeles in 2014.
- In 2016, this singer started dating him and they engaged in December 2017.
- The couple married on Meghan’s birthday in 2018.
- In 2018, she collaborated with the American Cancer Society for her philanthropy activities.
- Meghan was also invited by a British charity to present a check in 2018.
- During the pandemic in 2020, Meghan held a Live At-Home concert to raise funds for Feeding America.
- She also provided lunches for healthcare professionals for five days.
- In February 2021, she gave birth to a baby boy.
Pics of Meghan Trainor
1. A close-up look from the talented artist
2. Meghan dresses like a Santa on Christmas
3. She looks beautiful with the high ponytail
4. Meghan wears a white dress
5. Her performance is stunning
Even though Meghan Trainor had battled with people commenting about her body figure, it finally made her reach her quantum leap in the music industry.