DJ Snake became interested in the DJ industry since he was 14 years old. He later produced at the age of 19.
He performed at clubs in his early career and met his manager named Steve Goncalves who encouraged him to produce his own music.
In 2011, he produced the singer Lady Gaga’s album titled Born This Way. The album got a Grammy nomination in 2012.
After that, his career skyrocketed. He remixed songs from other pop stars, such as Kanye West, AlunaGeorge, and Major Lazer.
Later in 2013, he collaborated with Lil Jon for Turn Down for What. The song reached the top 5 at the Dance/Electronic chart and was featured for the movie Furious 7. It led him to win Billboard Music Awards.
In 2015, he partnered with Major Lazer and MØ to record Lean On. The single was named for the Best Songs of 2015 by Time magazine.
The DJ performed in Coachella in 2015. He also became the headline of the Hard Summer Music Festival in Southern California in 2017, alongside Snoop Dogg and Justice.
- Full name: William Sami Étienne Grigahcine
- Stage name: DJ Snake
- Nickname: reptile
- Born: June 13, 1986, Paris, France
- Zodiac sign: Gemini
- Nationality: French
- Height: 180 cm (5’10″)
- Weight: 72 kg (158 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Record Producer, DJ, Songwriter
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Playing music and traveling
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: @djsnake.fr
- Twitter: @djsnake
- Instagram: @djsnake
- TikTok: @djsnake
- YouTube: DJ Snake Official
- He is of Algerian descent.
- Her mother came from the North.
- The DJ is a self-proclaimed maestro.
- He is quite secretive about his personal life.
- His best-loved country in the world is India.
- He likes waiting for a perfect time to release music and listened to the same one 20-50 times a day before the release date.
- After he was born in Paris, his family moved to Ermont, a district outside Paris.
- When he was younger, the DJ produced graffiti art and earned the name Snake as he could evade the police continuously.
- He decided to drop out of school after learning to be a DJ for a year.
- A French movie titled La Haine inspired him to pursue a career as a DJ.
- The biggest musical influences in his early career are Cypres Hill and KRS-One.
- At the time he started in the industry, the DJs used 75 BPM, and he brought 100 BPM.
- At first, DJ Snake wore sunglasses during the performance because he was nervous.
- The DJ can play several instruments, such as keyboards, piano, and turntables.
- He is a huge fan of a French football club named Paris Saint Germain.
- In 2015, he and Tchami, an electronic producer, experienced a car accident and they missed a festival in Toronto.
- Forbes magazine named him on the 30 Under 30 – Music list in 2016.
- In 2017, he performed at the top of the Arc de Triomphe, Paris for the 2024 Summer Olympics.
- The DJ was crying after eating spicy wings in 2017.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of DJ Snake
1. The DJ looks cool with the strong lights
2. William’s all-black outfit is cool
3. The green coat looks stunning on him
4. The ocean behind him is marvelous
5. He seems enjoying summer in the photo
DJ Snake is the bonafide hitmaker by collaborating with other talented artists. No wonder his music videos got a million views.