Vanessa Hudgens is an American actress and singer. She rose to prominence and began to earned mainstream fame for her appearance in the film series High School Musical (2006–2008).
Her other notable acting projects are including Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012), Spring Breakers (2012), The Princess Switch series (2018–2021), and Tick, Tick…Boom! (2021).
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Boyfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Controversies
- 8 Facts
- 9 Movies
- 10 TV Series
- 11 TV Shows
- 12 Quotes
- 13 Pics of Vanessa Hudgens
- 14 FAQs
- 14.1 Who is Vanessa Hudgens?
- 14.2 Who is Vanessa Hudgens’s real name?
- 14.3 What makes Vanessa Hudgens famous?
- 14.4 Where is Vanessa Hudgens from?
- 14.5 How old is Vanessa Hudgens?
- 14.6 When Vanessa Hudgens celebrates her birthday?
- 14.7 How tall is Vanessa Hudgens?
- 14.8 Who are Vanessa Hudgens’s parents?
- 14.9 Is Vanessa Hudgens married?
- 14.10 Who is Vanessa Hudgens’s ex-boyfriend?
- 14.11 How rich is Vanessa Hudgens?
- 14.12 What is Vanessa Hudgens nationality?
Vanessa Hudgens started her career in 1998 in musical theaters. She had played Cinderella, The Wizard of Oz, and many more.
After that, she began auditioning for TV shows and films, then eventually got a role in a sitcom titled Still Standing and CBS series Robbery Homicide Division in 2002.
The next year, she took a role in Thirteen (2003) and Thunderbirds (2014).
Her quantum leap was getting a lead role in High School Musical. She portrayed a girl who falls in love with the basketball team’s captain.
The film got 7.7 million viewers during the premiere broadcast in the US. She also recorded many songs for this film. Her duet with co-star Zac Efron was at the top of the US Billboard Hot 100.
Following her acting success, she released an album titled V in September 2006. The album got gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America.
She also starred in the next sequels of High School Musical. In 2008, she launched her second album Identified, but it was less successful than the previous one.
She continued exploring roles in films. In 2011, she starred a romantic fantasy film titled Beastly and the science fiction film Journey 2: The Mysterious Island the next year.
She also co-starred with other famous artists including Selena Gomez in Spring Breakers and Jennifer Lopez in the Second Act.
- Full name: Vanessa Anne Hudgens
- Stage name: Vanessa Hudgens
- Nickname: Nessa, V, Van, Baby V
- Birthday: December 14, 1988
- Birthplace: Salinas, California, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: non-denominational Christian
- Profession: Actress, Singer
- Education: Orange County School of the Arts
- Hobbies: Photography and dancing
- Instagram: @vanessahudgens
- Twitter: @vanessahudgens
- Facebook: @VanessaHudgens
- YouTube: Vanessa Hudgens Official
- TikTok: @vanessahudgens
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 155 cm (5’1″)
- Weight: 50 Kg (110 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark brown
- Body Measurements: 33-24-33 (Bust -33, Waist -24, and Hips -33 inches)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: 2 (US)
- Father: Greg Hudgens
- Mother: Gina Hudgens
- Brother: –
- Sister: Stella Hudgens
Boyfriend & Dating History
She began dating Zac, who’s her on-screen love interest on High School Musical film series, in 2005. That year, she cited that the romance “started off really organically.”
Unfortunately, the couple broke their long-term relationship off after five years. According to an insider that tole the media, the decision to split “was mutual” and that it “just ran its course.”
According to her interview in 2017 with Access Hollywood, they both have “completely lost contact” ever since.
In 2011, Vanessa was romantically linked to Josh, who’s her co-star in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.
Josh opened up about their romance to Seventeen, stating that he didn’t “know if ‘dating’ is the right word.”
The couple seemingly have split by early 2012, as he revealed in an interview that the pair were “really good friends now.”
The pair were rumored to be dating in September 2011. Later, they were seen attending the Journey 2 premiere’s red carpet event together in early 2012.
By the end of 2019, they reportedly had called it quits. The separation was confirmed by the media in the following month.
She was linked for a short-period to Kyle, who’s an LA Lakers star in early 2020.
However, it seemed that whatever they had fizzled quite fast. It’s not really known when or why the couple chose to part ways.
She was captured enjoying an intimate time with Cole in November 2020.
Vanessa revealed to Entertainment Tonight that they have “met ona a Zoom meditation group.”
TMZ reported in the February 2023 that he had proposed to her around the end of 2022, suggesting that their relationship is still going on strong.
According to multiple online sources, Vanessa is estimated to have accumulated $18 million to $20 million of net worth.
Her main source of income is her career in Hollywood entertainment industry as both actress and singer.
Even though she and the rest of High School Musical casts were arguably unknown when the first installment of the series was released, it surprisingly became a hit.
It is not known how much she earned from the movie, but the other lead actor in the movie, Zac, was reportedly getting paid around $3 million for the movie.
She purchased a house located in Studio City, California, for $2.75 million in 2008. It reportedly features 6 bedrooms and 6.5 bathrooms.
The house was listed on the market in early 2019 for $3.85 million and eventually was sold in April 2019 for $3.15 million.
She bought another property located in Los Feliz, Los Angeles, for $4.9 million in 2018 from Gary Oldman. The house was sold to Ronan Farrow and his wife for $6.7 million in March 2022.
Leaked Explicit Photos Scandal
In September 2007, a set of explicit pictures allegedly stolen from Vanessa were leaked and circulated online, showing her posing in minimal clothing and nude.
She apologized for the pictures, citing that she’s “embarrassed over the situation” and felt remorsed having “taken [those] photos.”
She released a statement in early 2008 that she wouldn’t comment further about the pictures. The Walt Disney denied the rumors of her being dropped from the High School Musical 3 castlist, stating that she “has apologized” and that they “hope she’s learned a valuable lesson.”
Another series of her explicit photos surfaced online again in midst 2009.
She opened up about how those photos affected her career in an interview with Allure, citing that people asked if she would “do nudity in film” because she had “already done it.”
- Her trademarks are soft voice and long dark hair.
- Her father is of English, Scottish, and Irish descent.
- Meanwhile, her mother is of Filipino, Spanish, and Chinese ancestry.
- Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
- Her best-loved horror movies are The Ring and The Grudge.
- Vanessa’s favorite food is chocolate and Sushi.
- Her go-to singers are Celine Dion and Alicia Keys.
- Natalie Wood is her fashion idol.
- Hudgens’ favorite perfume is Aqualina Pink Sugar.
- Vanessa is trained in dancing, piano, and singing opera.
- The High School Musical actress is allergic to black pepper and chlorine.
- Her befriends are Miley Cyrus, Ashley Tisdale, and her ex, Zac Efron.
- Nessa was auditioned for Final Destination 3 as Julie Christensen, but the role went to Amanda Crew.
- In 2008, Maxim magazine ranked her #12 on the Hot 100 Women list.
- Cosmopolitan magazine also put her at #10 as Best Dressed Celebs in the same year.
- Forbes named her as one of the High Earners Under 30 in 2008.
- In 2008 and 2009, People magazine named her as one of the 100 most beautiful people worldwide.
- She won the Cutest Couple with Zac Efron at the 2010 Australian Kids’ Choice Awards.
- She started dating Austin Butler in 2011 but broke up in 2020.
- In 2014, Maxim magazine placed her again as one of the Hot 100 Women.
- She was nominated as Female Movie Star of 2020 in the People’s Choice Awards.
- Her ideal type is…
- French Girl (TBA), as Ruby Collins
- Downtown Owl (2023), as Naomi
- Dead Hot: Season of the Witch (2023), as herself
- Asking for It (2022), as Beatrice
- The Princess Switch 3: Romancing the Star (2021), as Stacy De Novo / Lady Margaret / Fiona
- Tick, Tick… Boom! (2021), as Karessa Johnson
- My Little Pony: A New Generation (2021), as Sunny Starscout
- The Princess Switch: Switched Again (2020), as Stacy De Novo / Lady Margaret / Fiona
- Bad Boys for Life (2020), as Kelly
- The Knight Before Christmas (2019), as Brooke Winters
- Polar (2019), as Camille
- Second Act (2018), as Zoe
- The Princess Switch (2018), as Stacy De Novo / Lady Margaret / Fiona
- Dog Days (2018), as Tara
- Freaks of Nature (2015), as Lorelei
- Gimme Shelter (2013), as Agnes “Apple” Bailey
- Machete Kills (2013), as Cereza Desdemona
- The Frozen Ground (2013), as Cindy Paulson
- Choose You (2013), as Ex-girlfriend
- Spring Breakers (2012), as Candy
- Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012), as Kailani Laguatan
- Sucker Punch (2011), as Blondie
- Beastly (2011), as Lindy Taylor
- The Ultimate Idol (2009), as herself
- Bandslam (2009), as Sa5m
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008), as Gabriella Montez
- High School Musical 2 (2007), as Gabriella Montez
- High School Musical (2006), as Gabriella Montez
- Thunderbirds (2004), as Tin-Tin Kyrano
- Thirteen (2003), as Noel
- Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas (TBA), as Willow
- Eli Roth’s Haunted House: Trick-VR-Treat (Meta Horizon Worlds and Meta Quest TV ⏐ 2022), as Fairy / dollmaker
- Rent: Live (FOX ⏐ 2019), as Maureen Johnson
- Drunk History (Comedy Central⏐ 2018–2019), as Joan of Arc / Marge Callaghan / Mata Hari (guest star)
- Powerless (NBC ⏐ 2016), as Emily Locke
- Grease Live! (FOX ⏐ 2016), as Betty Rizzo
- Robot Chicken (Adult Swim ⏐ 2009), as Lara Lor-Van / Butterbear / Erin Esurance (voice)
- The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (Disney Channel ⏐ 2006), as Corrie
- Drake & Josh (Nickelodeon⏐ 2006), as Rebecca
- Quintuplets (TBS, SUN, and BS-TBS ⏐ 2005), as Carmen
- The Brothers Garcia (Nickelodeon ⏐ 2003), as Lindsay
- Robbery Homicide Division (CBS ⏐ 2002), as Nicole
- Still Standing (MyNetworkTV and The CW ⏐ 2002), as Tiffany
- Rennervations (2023), as herself
- 95th Academy Awards (2023), as herself (pre-show host)
- Entergalactic (2022), as Karina
- 30th MTV Movie & TV Awards (2022), as herself (host)
- 2022 Met Gala Live (2022), as herself (host)
- 94th Academy Awards (2022), as herself (host)
- Savage x Fenty Show Vol. 3 (2021), as herself (runway model)
- The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula (2021), as herself (guest judge)
- The Disney Family Singalong (2020), as herself
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time (2020), as herself (host)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars (2018), as herself (guest judge)
- So You Think You Can Dance (2017–2018), as herself (judge)
- Drop the Mic (2017), as herself
- Running Wild with Bear Grylls (2017), as herself
- 2017 Billboard Music Awards (2017), as herself (host)
- Project Runway All Stars (2016), as herself (guest judge)
- High School Musical: 10th Anniversary (2016), as herself
- Punk’d (2012), as herself
“Being cool is being your own self, not doing something that someone else is telling you to do.”
“If people don’t like me for whatever I do, for being me, then that’s too bad. I don’t want to change to be something that I’m not for other people to like me.”
“I like friends who are honest and loyal. They also shouldn’t be afraid to be a kid. I like having fun.”
“So many people try to grow up too fast, and it’s not fun! You should stay a kid as long as possible!”
“I don’t go long without eating. I never starve myself: I grab a healthy snack. Vanessa Hudgens I had a gypsy upbringing, so I moved around all over the place and can’t remember a street I grew up on.”
“I am human like everyone else. I am aware that there are people who look up to me. When mistakes are made, they aren’t intentional, and I constantly push myself to be a better person.”
“Exercise is amazing, from the inside out. I feel so alive and have more energy.”
“That’s actually how my parents met. They were pen pals. My mom was in the Philippines and my father was in the States, and they wrote to each other. He went out to meet her, and they wed not too long after.”
“I hope by the time I’m 30 to have a husband and maybe a baby.”
“I do always have a wall up. But I feel by doing it, I keep myself safe.”
“A good amount of the guys wanted to date me. Even older guys looking at me. It took some getting used to.”
“Do not just look at your boyfriend as just a boyfriend. Look at him as a friend, too.”
“I’ve had many nicknames over the years: V, Nessa, Nessy Poo, Nessy Bear and Van. Only my parents call me Van, though, and I hate it. I get embarrassed.”
“You have to be able to love yourself because that’s when things fall into place.”
Pics of Vanessa Hudgens
1. Stay at home with Vanessa Hudgens
2. The suit gives her a masculine look
3. Let’s celebrate Halloween with Van!
4. Vanessa wears a comfortable white outfit
5. The brown tone for a summer look
Who is Vanessa Hudgens?
She is an American actress and singer.
Who is Vanessa Hudgens’s real name?
Her real name is Vanessa Anne Hudgens.
What makes Vanessa Hudgens famous?
She’s famous because of her appearance in the film series High School Musical (2006–2008), as well Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012), Spring Breakers (2012), The Princess Switch series (2018–2021), and Tick, Tick…Boom! (2021).
Where is Vanessa Hudgens from?
She was born in Salinas, California, United States.
How old is Vanessa Hudgens?
She was born in 1988, and she is 38 years old as of 2023.
When Vanessa Hudgens celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 14th of every December.
How tall is Vanessa Hudgens?
Her height is 5’1″ or 155 cm.
Who are Vanessa Hudgens’s parents?
Her father’s name is Greg Hudgens and her mother’s name is Gina Hudgens.
Is Vanessa Hudgens married?
No, she is currently unmarried. But she is in a relationship with Cole Tucker.
Who is Vanessa Hudgens’s ex-boyfriend?
Her ex-boyfriends are Zac Efron, Josh Hutcherson, Austin Butler, and Kyle Kuzma.
How rich is Vanessa Hudgens?
Her net worth is around $18 million to $20 million.
What is Vanessa Hudgens nationality?
Her nationality is American.
Vanessa Hudgens is a pretty singer and actress. Are you one of her fans?