Yugyeom has dreamed of becoming an entertainer from a young age. He was especially interested in dancing.
The man from Namyangju joined a dancing crew Body & Soul when he was 14 years old. With the team, he became the runner up of the national competition Adrenaline House Dance Battle.
In 2010, he passed the auditioned for JYP Entertainment. He became a trainee and even made appearance in reality survival show WIN: Who Is Next.
Yugyeom became part of JYP’s new boy band GOT7 in 2014. He made his debut with the group by releasing the EP Got It? in January.
The album topped the Billboard World Albums Chart and got to number 2 on Gaon Music Chart.
This talented dancer got to present his solo song in their third studio album Present: You. The song is titled Fine and released along with a music video on September 2018.
Over the years, Yugyeom also got involved in creating the choreographies for some songs like If You Do and Poison.
Besides being in GOT7, this Scorpio man was also part of its’ sub-unit Jus2. With Jay B, he released the EP Focus in March 2018. The track Focus on Me served as the lead single.
In 2021, Yugyeom and the members of GOT7 decided not to renew their contract with JYP Entertainment.
Even though they are not in the same agency anymore, all seven members are still part of GOT7. They released a song together called Encore in February 2021.
Following his departure, this K-pop star joined AOMG. Yugyeom then released his solo EP Point of View: U.
Its pre-release single I Want U Around debuted at number two on Billboard World Digital Song Sales Chart.
- Real Name: Kim Yu Gyeom (김유겸)
- Stage Name: Yugyeom (유겸)
- Nickname: Brownie
- Birthday: November 17, 1997
- Birthplace: Namyangju, Gyeonggi, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Nationality: Korean
- Position: Main Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Maknae
- Sub-unit: Jus2
- Height: 183 cm (6’0″)
- Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
- Education: Hanlim Arts High School
- Hobbies: Playing the piano
- Parents: –
- Siblings: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @yugyeom
- Instagram: @yugyeom
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Yugyeom has an upbeat and considerate personality. He also smiles a lot.
- He and AB6IX’s Woong went to the same high school. They became friends since their trainee days.
- He and Youngjae were in Taekyung University’s Model Department.
- This Scorpio man is the youngest among all GOT7’s members but he is actually the tallest.
- He prayed for all of the members so they could debut together as GOT7.
- He starred in Dream Knight.
- This talented singer loves eating chicken, bulgogi, kimbap, and samgyeopsal (grilled pork belly).
- He likes plenty of movies and doesn’t have a favorite.
- He picks black and yellow as his favorite colors.
- Yugyeom loves listening to Hip Hop and R&B types of music.
- The artists he likes are Chris Brown and G-Dragon.
- He looks up to Chris Brown.
- This K-pop idol is followed by Chris Brown on Instagram.
- He lives by the motto that practice makes perfect, so let’s practice until the end.
- He wants to do a duet with Bark Yerin of 15&.
- Many people confuse him as the oldest member because of his height and maturity.
- His mother didn’t want him to be an idol and would prefer for him to be regular school boy.
- He is someone who is hard-working and sincere.
- He was involved in writing the song See The Light, No Jam, Don’t Care, To Me, and 1Degree.
- Yugyeom partnered up with J-Hope of BTS for a special dance stage.
- He can speak in Korean and Japanese.
- He has a black Pomeranian named Dalkyum.
- The man from Namyangju-si often checks pictures taken by fans.
- He has nine tattoos: one on his back, two on his waist, and six on his arms.
- He is close to Jaehyun of NCT, Jungkook of BTS, Mingyu, DK, and The8 of Seventeen.
- Yugyeom is part of the 97 liners group chat with fellow members Bambam, Jaehyun of NCT, Cha Eunwoo of Astro, and Mingyu, DK, and The8 of Seventeen.
- He admitted that he can’t sleep alone because he would get nightmares.
- He participated in the show Hit the Stage episode 10 and got first place.
- Afterwards, the members would call him Hit the Stage Yugyeom.
- He used to fight with Bambam a lot when they were trainees. Yugyeom was jealous of his cute and little body while Bambam was jealous because he’s tall and manly.
- His ideal type is someone who has a wacky personality.
Pics of Yugyeom
1. Yugyeom looks super badass in black outfit
2. His side profile is amazing
3. Loving the black, white, and pink combination
4. Bright green also looks great on him
5. Yugueom always manages to look cool in every shot
Yugyeom has had an amazing career with GOT7. His venture as solo artist is also shaping up to be a great one.