Ana de Armas started her career as an actress when she was a teenager in Cuba, by starring in Una rosa de Francia back in 2006.
She then flew to Spain to promote the movie and later became a movie star for El edén perdido (2007) one year later.
In the same year, this Taurus actress also got another acting project, Madrigal (2007), without getting permission from her tutors in drama school.
After that, Ana became a cast for the teenage drama, El Internado, which started from 2007 until 2010, which got very popular at that time.
To try something new, Ana then started to star in a horror movie, El callejón (2011) and also Anabel (2015).
Ana got very anxious about his acting career, so she moved to Los Angeles after that.
After practicing English very hard, she began to star in Knock Knock (2015), an erotic horror thriller, which was followed by Exposed (2016).
She later became the opposite actress for Miles Teller in War Dogs (2016) as a supporting role, and also starred in Hands of Stone (2016).
One year later, in 2017, Ana got a supporting character for Blade Runner 2049, who made her nominated as Best Supporting Actress in the Saturn Awards 2017.
Didn’t stop there, she then continued her career by acting in Overdrive (2017), Corazón (2018), and Knives Out (2019).
From her role in Knives Out, she successfully won a lot of awards, such as the 2019 Golden Schmoes Awards.
Later, she then appeared again in The Informer (2020), The Night Clerk (2020), Sergio (2020), and Wasp Network (2020).
And finally, she came back in 2021, by acting in No Time to Die, followed by her role in Blonde (2022), Deep Water (2022), and The Gray Man (2022).
- Real Name: Ana Celia de Armas Caso
- Stage Name: Ana de Armas
- Nickname: Ana
- Birthday: April 30, 1988
- Birthplace: Havana, Cuba
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: Cuba-Spain
- Height: 168 cm (5’6″)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: –
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: Ramón de Armas (father), Ana Caso (mother)
- Siblings: Javier Cose (brother)
- Husband: Marc Clotet (Married 2011-2013),
- Boyfriend: Franklin Latt (2015-2016), Ben Affleck (2020-2021)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @ana_d_armas
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Ana was raised in Santa Cruz del Norte, a small city in Havana, Cuba.
- Actually, her maternal grandparents became migrants from Spain to Cuba.
- Her father had a lot of jobs, such as bank manager, school principal, teacher, and also deputy mayor.
- Ana’s father had studied in a Soviet university and majored in philosophy.
- Her mother worked in the Ministry of Education.
- Her brother is a photographer which is based in New York.
- Ana said that her childhood is actually joyful.
- She grew up with fuel shortages, food rationing, and also electricity breakouts when there was Cuba’s Special Period.
- Ana didn’t have any internet access when she was a teenager.
- When she became a teenager, she didn’t really know about Cuba’s popular culture.
- In her family, they didn’t have a DVD player, so she had to go to the apartment of her neighbor to watch Hollywood movies.
- But on Saturday and Sunday, Ana was allowed to watch 20 minutes of cartoon movies.
- Ana is a self-taught actress and always practices monologues in front of her mirror.
- She already wanted to be an actress at her 12-years-old age.
- Her ideal type is…
- The Gray Man (2022), as Dani Miranda
- Deep Water (2022), as Melinda Van Allen
- Blonde (2022), as Marilyn Monroe
- No Time to Die (2021), as Paloma
- Sergio (2020), as Carolina Larriera
- The Night Clerk (2020), as Andrea Rivera
- Wasp Network (2019), as Ana Margarita Martinez
- The Informer (2019), as Sofia Koslow
- Knives Out (2019), as Marta Cabrera
- Blade Runner 2049 (2017), as Joi
- Overdrive (2017), as Stephanie
- Hands of Stone (2016), as Felicidad Iglesias
- War Dogs (2016), as Iz
- Exposed (2016), as Isabel de la Cruz
- Knock Knock (2015), as Bel
- Anabel (2015), as Cris
- For a Handful of Kisses (2014), as Sol
- Faraday (2013), as Cris
- Blind Alley (2011), as Rosa/Laura
- Sex, Party and Lies (2009), as Carola
- Madrigal (2007), as Stella Marris
- Una rosa de Francia (2006), as Marie
- El edén perdido (Antena 3 Televisión | 2007), as Gloria
- Hispania, la leyenda (Antena 3 Televisión | 2010-2012), as Nerea
- El Internado (Antena 3 Televisión | 2007-2010), as Carolina Leal Solís
- Saturn Awards 2021 – Best Supporting Actress (Knives Out – Won)
- Actors and Actresses Union Awards 2020 – Best Actress in an International Production (Knives Out – Won)
- Golden Globe Awards 2020 – Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical (Knives Out – Nominated)
- Golden Schmoes Awards 2019 – Breakthrough Performance of the Year (Knives Out – Won)
- Saturn Awards 2018 – Best Supporting Actress (Blade Runner 2049 – Nominated)
Ana de Armas is such a sweetheart. She is very confident, has strong behavior, and never gives up to work on her dream as an actress.