Ana de Armas started her career as an actress when she was a teenager in Cuba, by starring in Una rosa de Francia back in 2006.
She then flew to Spain to promote the movie and later became a movie star for El edén perdido (2007) one year later.
In the same year, this Taurus actress also got another acting project, Madrigal (2007), without getting permission from her tutors in drama school.
After that, Ana became a cast for the teenage drama, El Internado, which started from 2007 until 2010, which got very popular at that time.
To try something new, Ana then started to star in a horror movie, El callejón (2011) and also Anabel (2015).
Ana got very anxious about his acting career, so she moved to Los Angeles after that.
After practicing English very hard, she began to star in Knock Knock (2015), an erotic horror thriller, which was followed by Exposed (2016).
She later became the opposite actress for Miles Teller in War Dogs (2016) as a supporting role, and also starred in Hands of Stone (2016).
One year later, in 2017, Ana got a supporting character for Blade Runner 2049, who made her nominated as Best Supporting Actress in the Saturn Awards 2017.
Didn’t stop there, she then continued her career by acting in Overdrive (2017), Corazón (2018), and Knives Out (2019).
From her role in Knives Out, she successfully won a lot of awards, such as the 2019 Golden Schmoes Awards.
Later, she then appeared again in The Informer (2020), The Night Clerk (2020), Sergio (2020), and Wasp Network (2020).
And finally, she came back in 2021, by acting in No Time to Die, followed by her role in Blonde (2022), Deep Water (2022), and The Gray Man (2022).
- Real Name: Ana Celia de Armas Caso
- Stage Name: Ana de Armas
- Nickname: Ana
- Birthday: April 30, 1988
- Birthplace: Havana, La Habana, Cuba
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: Cuba-Spain
- Height: 168 cm (5’6″)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: –
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: Ramón de Armas (father), Ana Caso (mother)
- Siblings: Javier Cose (brother)
- Husband: Marc Clotet (Married 2011-2013),
- Boyfriend: Franklin Latt (2015-2016), Ben Affleck (2020-2021)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @ana_d_armas
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Ana was raised in Santa Cruz del Norte, a small city in Havana, Cuba.
- Actually, her maternal grandparents became migrants from Spain to Cuba.
- Her father had a lot of jobs, such as bank manager, school principal, teacher, and also deputy mayor.
- Ana’s father had studied in a Soviet university and majored in philosophy.
- Her mother worked in the Ministry of Education.
- Her brother is a photographer which is based in New York.
- Ana said that her childhood is actually joyful.
- She grew up with fuel shortages, food rationing, and also electricity breakouts when there was Cuba’s Special Period.
- Ana didn’t have any internet access when she was a teenager.
- When she became a teenager, she didn’t really know about Cuba’s popular culture.
- In her family, they didn’t have a DVD player, so she had to go to the apartment of her neighbor to watch Hollywood movies.
- But on Saturday and Sunday, Ana was allowed to watch 20 minutes of cartoon movies.
- Ana is a self-taught actress and always practices monologues in front of her mirror.
- She already wanted to be an actress at her 12-years-old age.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $6 million.
- Ghosted (Apple TV+ | -), as –
- Blonde (Netflix | 2022), as Norma Jeane Mortenson / Marilyn Monroe
- The Gray Man (2022), as Dani Miranda
- Deep Water (2022), as Melinda Van Allen
- Blonde (2022), as Marilyn Monroe
- No Time to Die (2021), as Paloma
- Sergio (2020), as Carolina Larriera
- The Night Clerk (2020), as Andrea Rivera
- Wasp Network (2019), as Ana Margarita Martinez
- The Informer (2019), as Sofia Koslow
- Knives Out (2019), as Marta Cabrera
- Blade Runner 2049 (2017), as Joi
- Overdrive (2017), as Stephanie
- Hands of Stone (2016), as Felicidad Iglesias
- War Dogs (2016), as Iz
- Exposed (2016), as Isabel de la Cruz
- Knock Knock (2015), as Bel
- Anabel (2015), as Cris
- For a Handful of Kisses (2014), as Sol
- Faraday (2013), as Cris
- Blind Alley (2011), as Rosa/Laura
- Sex, Party and Lies (2009), as Carola
- El edén perdido (Antena 3 Televisión | 2007), as Gloria
- Madrigal (2007), as Stella Marris
- Una rosa de Francia (2006), as Marie
- Hispania, la leyenda (Antena 3 Televisión | 2010-2012), as Nerea
- El Internado (Antena 3 Televisión | 2007-2010), as Carolina Leal Solís
- Golden Globe Awards 2020 – Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical – Knives Out
- Saturn Awards 2018 – Best Supporting Actress – Blade Runner 2049
- Saturn Awards 2021 – Best Supporting Actress – Knives Out
- Actors and Actresses Union Awards 2020 – Best Actress in an International Production – Knives Out
- Golden Schmoes Awards 2019 – Breakthrough Performance of the Year – Knives Out
“You can always go back to the place where you were comfortable, the place where you’re from.”
“Everyone deserves the opportunity to fight for the part they want.”
“I am not a person who plans things in advance.”
“I want to do everything and beyond. I want to create impact.”
“My life and career have been a big improvisation.”
“I’m very impatient. I always want more.”
“I can’t stay in one place for too long.”
“I always need to keep moving.”
“I prefer flat shoes and comfort: I feel more like myself.”
“I know it sounds like I’m playing all these wives and girlfriends, but they’re not waiting at home. I wear the pants.”
“I don’t like feeling stuck, like I’m not going anywhere.”
“I’m ambitious in a good way. I’ve never wanted to settle as long as I’ve thought there’s more.”
“I don’t mind playing someone’s girlfriend or wife if I have something to say, if I bring something to the picture, if I can be strong and powerful and say smart things. If not, then it’s just boring.”
“I normally speak by moving my hands, and I’m very expressive with my face – something Cuban, I guess.”
“My grandparents were from Spain, and I had a Spanish passport.”
“I think women, we are very interesting. We have a lot to say, and sometimes it’s frustrating how all the lead parts are for men.”
Ana de Armas is such a sweetheart. She is very confident, has strong behavior, and never gives up to work on her dream as an actress.