Angourie Rice previously came to the entertainment industry at only eleven years old. Her official Hollywood debut was the movie The Nice Guys (2016) for which she got sparkling reviews.
Prior to debuting as an actress, it is possible that people might have recognized her already since she was present in the popular music video We Are (2013) by Karnivool.
Other works she contributed include the TV series Black Mirror (2019), the movie The Beguiled (2017), and the phenomenal movie series Spider-Man (2017).
After taking various minor roles on the screen, she finally had lead roles in the movies Every Day (2018) and Jasper Jones (2017).
Besides that, she was also involved in a project where she voiced the lead character in the animation movie Daisy Quokka: World’s Scariest Animal (2020).
In 2022, she was booked for the TV series The Last Thing He Told Me and the movies Honor Society and Senior Year.
- Real Name: Angourie Rice
- Stage Name: Angourie Rice
- Also Known as: –
- Nickname: Angourie
- Birthday: January 1, 2001
- Birthplace: Sydney, Australia
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: Australian
- Height: 160 cm (5’3”)
- Weight: 53 kg (117 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Princes Hill Secondary College
- Hobbies: Acting, reading
- Parents: Jeremy Rice (Father); Kate Rice (Mother)
- Sibling: Kalliope Rice (Sister)
- Boyfriend: Charles Vandervaart (2018 – 2019)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @angourierice
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Angourie started her career in the entertainment industry in 2007.
- She likes to focus her career on movies more than TV series.
- Her father, Jeremy Rice, is a director and a production manager, while her mother, Kate Rice, is an actress and a writer.
- She enjoys reading and writing.
- Angourie spends most of her spare time studying subjects like literature, humanities, and gender studies.
- Her childhood dream was to work with director Sofia Coppola.
- She has a plan to go to university someday.
- Angourie is a natural blonde.
- Her parents are very supportive of her career.
- She often participated in school plays and events.
- Angourie is known for her plump lips, round face, and snub nose.
- Her ex-boyfriend, Charles Vandervaart, is a Canadian actor.
- She was named after a town in New South Wales where her grandmother used to live.
- Angourie has a pet dog.
- Her sister, Kalliope Rice, is also an actress.
- She once lived in Munich, Germany, for a year before settling in Melbourne, Australia.
- Angourie often wrote many stories when she was a kid.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $3 million.
- Honor Society (2022), as Honor
- Senior Year (2022), as Young Stephanie Conway
- The Making of Mare of Easttown (2021), as self
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021), as Betty Brant
- Daisy Quokka: World’s Scariest Animal (2020), as Daisy Quokka
- Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019), as Betty Brant
- Ladies in Black (2018), as Lisa
- Every Day (2018), as Rhiannon
- The Beguiled: A Shift in Perspective (2017), as self
- The Beguiled: A Southern Style (2017), as self
- The Making of ‘Jasper Jones’ (2017), as self
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), as Betty Brant
- The Beguiled (2017), as Jane
- Jasper Jones (2017), as Eliza Wishart
- The Nice Guys (2016), as Holly March
- The Nice Guys: Worst. Detectives. Ever. (2016), as self
- Nowhere Boys: The Book of Shadows (2016), as Tegan
- Walking with Dinosaurs (2013), as Jade
- Coping (2013), as Lou Lou
- These Final Hours (2013), as Rose
- Transmission (2012), as Tilly
- Mercy (2011), as Mercy
- Hidden Clouds (2009), as Edith
- The Last Thing He Told Me (Apple TV+ | 2022), as Bailey
- Mare of Easttown (HBO | 2021), as Siobhan Sheehan
- Black Mirror (Netflix | 2019), as Rachel Goggins
- Entertainers with Byron Allen (Syndication | 2018), as self
- Mako: Island of Secrets (Network Ten | 2015), as Neppy
- Worst Year of My Life Again (ACTF | 2014), as Ruby
- The Doctor Blake Mysteries (ABC | 2014), as Lisa Wooton
- Have You Been Paying Attention? (Network 10 | 2019), as a guest
- Spider-Man: Far from Home Live Red Carpet World Premiere (YouTube | 2019), as a guest
- Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation (Network 10 | 2019), as a guest
- Entertainment Tonight Canada (Global | 2018), as a guest
- Made in Hollywood (Syndication | 2016), as a guest
- Last Week (HBO | 2016), as a guest
Music Video Appearances
- We Are (2013) – Karnivool
- 2019 Australian Film Critics Association Awards – Best Actress – Ladies in Black
- 2019 Film Critics Circle of Australia Awards – Best Actress – Ladies in Black
- 2018 Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Award – Best Lead Actress – Ladies in Black
- 2017 International Online Cinema Awards – Best Ensemble Cast – The Beguiled
- 2012 St. Kilda Film Festival – Best Actor – Transmission
- 2021 Pena de Prata – Best Ensemble in a Limited Series or Anthology Series or TV Special – Mare of Easttown
- 2018 Faro Island Film Festival – Best Ensemble Performance – The Beguiled
- 2017 Online Film & Television Association – Best Youth Performance – The Nice Guys
- 2017 Empire Awards, UK – Best Female Newcomer – The Nice Guys
- 2017 Georgia Film Critics Association – Breakthrough Award – The Nice Guys and Nowhere Boys: The Book of Shadows
- 2016 Golden Schmoes Awards – Breakthrough Performance of the Year – The Nice Guys
- 2015 Australian Film Critics Association Awards – Best Actress – These Final Hours
- 2015 Film Critics Circle of Australia Awards – Best Performance by a Young Actor – These Final Hours
Angourie Rice might come from a family of artists. However, what is most noticeable about her is how she manages to rise to the top with her own effort and determination.