Anna Delvey’s name became known in 2018 after New York posted an article titled How Anna Delvey Tricked New York’s Party People.
The article told precisely how Anna defrauded various individuals and foundations into taking care of everything for her luxurious Manhattan lifestyle.
However, the trick started to unravel in 2017 when she invited her friends to travel to Morocco yet could not cover the bill for the lodging upon checkout.
She was then put on a trial and sentenced to four to twelve years of prison time. After her early release, her name began to rise even higher.
In 2020, she was invited for an interview on the TV show 20/20 where she got to tell the audience about her career as a con artist.
A year later, she attended another interview on the TV show 60 Minutes on the same topic.
Besides appearing in TV shows, she was also offered a role in various documentary series on her crime like American Greed (2020) and Generation Hustle (2021).
Netflix also signed her up a contract so they could produce the TV series Inventing Anna based on her real-life story. It aired in 2022 and became instantly popular.
- Real Name: Anna Vadimovna Sorokina
- Stage Name: Anna Delvey
- Nickname: Anna
- Birthday: January 23, 1991
- Birthplace: Domodedovo, Russia
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: German
- Height: 165 cm (5’5”)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Professions: Con Artist and Fraudster, Model, Interior Designer
- Education: Saint Martins College
- Hobbies: –
- Parent: Vadim Sorokin
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: Hunter Lee Soik (2014 – 2016)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @theannadelvey
- Instagram: @theannadelvey
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- After dropping out of secondary school, Anna interned in the fashion department of an advertising firm in Berlin.
- She once lived in Paris and filled in as an intern for the French fashion magazine Purple.
- Anna experienced a childhood in Germany and was brought up in a working-class family.
- Her father, Vadim Sorokin, is a truck driver and her mother once owned a small convenience store.
- She lived out of sumptuous NYC lodgings like Manhattan’s opulent 11 Howard, Beekman Hotel, and W New York-Union Square without paying.
- Her father disowned her after she was indicted for fraud.
- Anna had ambitious goals to set up a private arts club in New York like Soho House.
- She invented the idea of the Anna Delvey Foundation, an exclusive club, and art establishment, to tempt affluent benefactors and further her brand.
- During her trial, she got to flaunt high-end clothes from Miu Miu and YSL that were borrowed on her behalf from a secret benefactor.
- After her trial, Anna spent two years on Rikers Island, two more at Albion Correctional Facility, and was then released early in February 2021 on appropriate conduct.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $60 million.
- Inventing Anna (Netflix | 2022), as the muse
- Generation Hustle (HBO Max | 2021), as self
- American Greed (CNBC | 2020), as self
- 60 Minutes (Nine Network | 2021), as a guest
- 20/20 (ABC | 2020), as a guest
After her early release, Anna Delvey told the media that she was determined to leave her past and change for the better. Hopefully, she gets to fulfill her promise.