Casey Owen Neistat is an American filmmaker and YouTube star.
He became famous after the infamous three-minute film titled iPod’s Dirty Secret, criticizing Apple in 2003.
Casey Neistat first loves making movies when he edited a video about his son visiting a zoo in New York City.
When he came back to Connecticut, he maximized a credit card and bought a computer. He spent all of his free time making little movies and started having a voice.
In June 2001, he moved to New York City and became a filmmaker. He then became a studio manager of an artist, a friend of his brother.
Casey turned everything on him into films, including his first iPod. When its battery died, he put the video about iPod’s dead batter policy online and it became viral.
After that, he appeared on TV and got video series projects. He was also invited to Guai Da Bienal in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
In 2006, this filmmaker met Tom Scott, who ran a local TV channel, asking him to make videos. They then sold the videos to HBO and were premiered in 2010.
Next, Casey started a YouTube channel and uploaded his existing works there. Since then, he continuously gains an audience.
Read more: Conor Maynard – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Full name: Casey Owen Neistat
- Stage name: Casey Neistat
- Nickname: Casey
- Birthday: March 25, 1981
- Birthplace: Gales Ferry, Connecticut, United States
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: YouTube Star, Filmmaker
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Making films
- Facebook: @cneistat
- Twitter: @Casey
- Instagram: @caseyneistat
- TikTok: @caseyneistat
- YouTube: CaseyNeistat Official
Height, Weight & Appearance
- Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: 72 kg (158 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Brown
- Body measurements: –
- Shoe size: 11.5 US
- Dress Size: –
- Father: Barry Neistat
- Mother: Amy Neistat
- Brother: Dean Neistat, Jordan Neistat, and Van Neistat
- Sister: –
- Children: Owen Neistat, Georgie Neistat, Francine Neistat
Wife, Girlfriend, & Dating History
In 2005, Casey eloped with Candice Pool in Houston, Texas. This marriage lasted about a month and ended with an annulment.
He later reconciled with Candice and got engaged to her on February 18, 2013.
On December 29, 2013, Neistat and Pool were married in a Jewish wedding service in Cape Town, South Africa.
Casey has an estimated net worth of $16 million. He mainly earns from his career as a filmmaker and YouTube star.
- Her mother watched a horror movie when she went into labor with him.
- This filmmaker was raised in the lower-middle-class area of Connecticut.
- His father was a restaurant supply salesman.
- Casey defined his childhood as wonderfully unsupervised.
- When he was a child, Casey and his brother lit the tree fort on fire.
- He was always in trouble during his school years, so he visited the vice principal’s office a lot.
- Casey joined the bad kids’ group and contributed to a lot of fights, drinking alcohol, and smoking weed.
- His parents also got divorced during his high school.
- At the age of 15, he had a heated argument with his mother, left the house, and dropped out of high school.
- He lived in his friends’ house, then with older women, who then became his girlfriend, Robin Harris.
- Casey became a dishwasher at a seafood restaurant.
- He welcomed a son named Owen when he was 17 years old.
- Casey then moved to a trailer park.
- After a while, Casey visited New York City to live with his brother.
- In 2001, he broke up with his girlfriend and moved completely to New York City, then became a filmmaker and bike messenger.
- Owen lived with his ex-girlfriend, so he would go back three days a week.
- He was on the road when September 9/11 happened.
- After he got money from his video projects, Casey started traveling with Owen.
- In 2013, Casey married a woman named Candice Pool.
- His ideal type is…
Read more: Dang Matt Smith – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Under the Influence (2022), as the Director and Producer
- Project Power (2020), as Moto
- Nerve (2016), as himself
- 3×3 (2011), as the Director
- The Light Bulb Conspiracy (2010), as himself
- Daddy Longlegs (2009), as the Producer
- The Pleasure of Being Robbed (2008), as the Executive Producer
- The Untitled Action Bronson Show (2018), as himself
- Alter Egos (2011), as the Writer
- The Neistat Brothers (2010), as himself
“Persistence and endurance will make you omnipotent.”
“Truth is so much more interesting than the fiction we’re used to.”
“As a viewer, I care about people, I care about characters, I care about perspective.”
“As a director, I have the greatest job in the world, but if I don’t push the boundaries, then what’s the point of having it?”
“Ideas are cheap. Ideas are easy. Ideas are common. Everybody has ideas. Ideas are highly, highly overvalued. Execution is all that matters.”
Pics of Casey Neistat
1. This filmmaker wears an orange outfit
2. A close-up look from Casey
3. He worked late at night in New York City
4. Casey passionately worked with his camera
5. He sits in an airport in Poland
Casey Neistat’s struggle had been paid off with his hard work, dedication, and passion for filmmaking.