Chanyeol began to take interest in music after watching the movie School of Rock in elementary school. Soon, he started to pick up drums and singing.
The man from Seoul joined SM Entertainment in 2008. He got in after getting second place on the Smart Model Contest. As a trainee, he began to develop his skill in rapping.
Chanyeol was the last to be presented as EXO member on February 2012. He is part of the EXO-K sub-unit.
With the group, he debuted with the EP Mama in April 2012. The EP reached number 1 on Gaon Album Chart and 8 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
This K-pop Idol also has several songwriting credits under his name. He is known to have written the rap part of Run from EXO’s second EP Overdose.
His other works with EXO are for the song Heaven of the album Ex’AcT (2016), Chill and Ko Ko Bop from album The War (2017), and also Gravity from Don’t Mess Up My Tempo (2018).
On 2019, he became part of sub-unit EXO-SC with fellow member Sehun. Together, they released their first EP What A Life. They also released 1 Billion View in 2020 as their first studio album.
Other than music, Chanyeol has also landed in several acting roles. This Sagittarius man has taken the main role in the film So I Married an Anti-Fan (2016) and The Box (2021).
He’s also been in several TV series like EXO Next Door (2015), Missing 9 (2017), and Memories of the Alhambra (2018). Chanyeol was enlisted for military service on March 29, 2021.
- Real Name: Park Chan Yeol (박찬열)
- Chinese Name: Piao Can Lie (朴燦烈)
- Stage Name: Chanyeol (찬열)
- Nickname: Wealthy Teeth, Happy Virus, King of Derps
- Birthday: November 27, 1992
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: South Korean
- Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist (EXO)
- Sub-Unit: EXO-K, EXO-SC
- Super Power (Badge): Fire (Phoenix)
- Height: 186 cm (6’1”)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Rapper, Actor, Songwriter
- Education: Hyundai Chungun High School, Kyung Hee Cyber University
- Hobbies: Listening to music, Playing instruments
- Parents: –
- Sibling: An Older Sister
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @real__pcy
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Weibo: real__pcyyyyy
- Soundcloud: real__pcy
- Chanyeol’s family consists of father, mother, and an older sister who used to work as announcer at YTN and MBC.
- His father has a cafe while his mother has a restaurant.
- His personality type is ENFJ-T.
- This K-pop star went to a private acting school when he was 16 years old.
- He was in a temporary band while in high school.
- Chanyeol gives himself a nickname Reversal Voice because his baby face contrasts with his deep voice.
- He was in TVXQ’s HaHaHa Song, Girls’ Generation Genie (Japanese Version), and TaeTiSeo’s Twinkle music videos.
- He designed the EXO’s hexagon logo.
- This Sagittarius man has a very bright and cheerful personality.
- He can speak English.
- If you talk to him while feeling bored, wonderful things will happen.
- He is not someone that gets angry easily unless he loses something. He’ll be angry looking for it but will soon go back to being cheerful.
- Chanyeol has got a lasik eye surgery when he was a trainee.
- When he was young, he used to play various instruments.
- This talented rapper can play the guitar, African drum, drum, and bass.
- One of his habit is following song’s rhythm with his hands.
- TVXQ is his favorite K-pop band.
- This K-pop star loves listening to Rap and Hip Hop music.
- One of his favorite movies is School of Rock.
- The man from Seoul picks number 21 as his favorite
- He likes the color black best
- Some of his favorite foods are Tonkatsu and Galbi.
- Chanyeol is a rather romantic person.
- He loves helping people by doing charity work. It makes him really happy.
- Among other EXO members, he cries the most.
- The man born in 1992 used to share a room with Baekhyun, then with D.O. and Kai. But he has his own now.
- He makes loud sniffling noise before falling asleep, according to Baekhyun.
- One of the things he loves to do is composing music. Chanyeol hopes to make his own musical composition that’s good enough for EXO.
- He used to have a pet ferret when he was young.
- This singer has a dog named Toben who stays with his mother.
- He is actually allergic to fur. He can only stay with dogs for an hour.
- Chanyeol looks up to Eminem and Jason Mraz.
- He has admitted to being a fan of Dara from 2NE1.
- This talented songwriter has a studio called Studio 519.
- With Baekhyun and Chen, he becomes part of EXO’s beagle line.
- He is also part of the chingu line with Baekhyun, Chen, and D.O.
- This K-pop star is close with Sehun and even raised him when they first joined SM.
- He wrote the song Sweet Lies for the album The Power of Music.
- Chanyeol has a weibo account. He lost his password at one point but has since created a new one.
- He can play bowling, snowboarding, and also learning golf and basketball.
- Chanyeol loves listening to Coldplay.
- He had revealed that he used to have conflicts with Suho during their debut days.
- This South Korean artist is friends with Monsta X‘s Joohoney, Block B‘s Zico, Seventeen’s Woozi, CNBLUE‘s Jonghyun, and Choi Tae Joon.
- He did collaboration with Woozi from Seventeen for the song Give Me That.
- He had joined several variety shows like Roommates and Law of the Jungle.
- Chanyeol was also in dramas Things We Do That We Know We Will Regret (2008), To The Beautiful You (2012), Welcome to Royal Villa (2013), EXO Next Door (2015), Missing 9 (2017), and Memories of the Alhambra (2018).
- He starred in movies So I Married An Anti-Fan and Salut D’Amour.
- This EXO member would like to be in a relationship with someone who can cook. He wants them to cook together.
- His ideal type is someone who has similar music taste, honest, and likes cooking. He doesn’t think that appearance is that important.
Pics of Chanyeol
1. Chanyeol looks really handsome in pastel color
2. He’s enjoying his days in Hawaii
3. The oversized sweater making for some cool street style
4. Chanyeol is really passionate while performing
5. This close-up really highlights his flawless face
Beside being an amazing artist, Chanyeol songwriting talent is also one to be reckoned with. There’s no doubt that we shall see more of his creation in the future.