Prior to Kang Daniel’s massive popularity, he actually started his passion for entertainment when he was still in the 8th grade.
At that time, based on his teacher’s suggestion, Daniel then went to Nataraja Academy to train his dance skill.
Later, Daniel then gained various wins in different dance competitions after joining several dance academies near his home.
This Sagittarius idol realized that it might be good to join an entertainment agency to manage his career, so he chose B2M Entertainment as his agency at that time.
But unfortunately, Daniel didn’t feel much growth in that agency, so he moved to another agency, MMO Entertainment.
In 2017, he then became the representative of MMO Entertainment to join Produce 101 Season 2.
Already getting a lot of dance skills and performing arts knowledge, no wonder Daniel ended up being one of the winning team members, Wanna One and debuted on August 7 by releasing 1×1=1 (To Be One).
One year later in 2018, Daniel was trusted to be the main actor for one of Davichi’s MV, Days Without You.
In that year, he also got an award for the 2018 MBC Entertainment Awards and the 2018 Mnet Asian Music Awards for his work as Triple Position, one of the units of Wanna One.
After he terminated his contract with Wanna One in 2018, he later moved to LM Entertainment to expand his solo career activities in 2019.
Unfortunately, there were some legal issues with that agency, so Daniel decided to build his own entertainment agency, Konnect Entertainment to manage himself.
On July 25, 2019, Daniel made his official debut as a singer by releasing his debut EP, Color on Me. One of the singles, What Are You Up To, got a high success by winning at the KBS’ Music Bank.
One year later, he made a comeback by releasing his next EP, Cyan, followed by his third EP, Magenta.
Daniel then expanded his career to be an MC for Street Dance Girls Fighter in 2021.
Alongside his MC career, in that year he also released Yellow, his fourth EP, and got an acting debut by starring in Rookie Cops (2022).
- Real Name: Kang Euigeon (강의건) / Kang Daniel (강다니엘)
- Stage Name: Daniel (다니엘) / Kang Daniel (강다니엘)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: December 10, 1996
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 180 cm (5’11″)
- Weight: 68 kg (149 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Education: Peniel Arts High School, Kyung Hee Cyber University
- Hobbies: Skateboarding
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: Jihyo (2019-2020)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @konnect_danielk
- Instagram: @daniel.k.here
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: 강다니엘 Kang Daniel
- vLive: Kang Daniel Official
- In his family, Daniel is the only child.
- He had changed his name officially from Euigeon to Daniel because many people struggle to pronounce his real name.
- When Daniel was just a junior high school student, he once won the B-Boying battle in the first place.
- He once visited his aunt in Canada.
- Daniel loves to skateboard.
- Wherever he goes, he will bring his own insect swatter.
- Daniel doesn’t like raisins.
- His shoulder width is very wide, around 23 inches.
- Daniel worked for his wide shoulder by doing 100 push-ups every morning.
- His legs measurement is around 43,7 inches.
- Daniel is the father of his 4 cats, Zhang Ah, Ori, Rooney, and also Peter.
- Actually, Rooney and Peter are female, but he thought they were males the first time.
- Based on Daehwi’s opinion, Daniel is a dangerous person.
- When he was still in Wanna One, he wanted to be Woojin’s roommate because he think they both would enjoy speaking in Busan’s dialect.
- He made a good friendship with B.A.P.’s Daehyun.
- He attended the same dance school as Daehyun.
- Daniel’s role models are EXO because of their coolness, BTS because of their power, and Seventeen because of their unique teamwork.
- Daniel often snores during sleeping.
- He loves to laugh even though things he is laughing at aren’t funny at all.
- He loves to do self-talk.
- Daniel has a good sense of fashion and loves to explore fashion during his free time.
- He has an allergy to shellfish, such as lobster and shrimp.
- He only can eat squid as his seafood dishes.
- Daniel would love to open a sushi store in Hong Kong one day.
- He chooses an older woman over the younger ones.
- Daniel broke up with TWICE’s Jihyo because of their busy schedules.
- His ideal type is someone who is older than him and can teach him a lot of things.
Kang Daniel is such an inspiration for a lot of young people out there. He is energetic, amazing, and always shows his best talents for his dreams.