Kai started dancing when he was just eight years old. He got inspired to learn ballet after watching The Nutcracker.
In 2007, when 13 years old participated in SM Youth Best Contest.
He managed to win as Best Dancer and joined SM Entertainment. During his time as trainee, he developed his skills in hip hop, popping, and locking.
This Capricorn man was presented as member of new boyband EXO in 2011. He is the first member to be introduced to the public.
Prior to EXO’s debut, Kai made an appearance in SBS’s Gayo Daejun event. It was his first ever televised performance, taken place in December 2011.
He officially had his debut with EXO in 2012 with the release of EP Mama. Back then, EXO was divided into two sub-units: EXO-K and EXO-M.
Kai was part of EXO-K, promoting the album to the Korean market. The EP managed to reach number 1 on Gaon Album Chart and number 8 on Billboard World Albums Chart.
With EXO, the man born in 1994 continues to reach new height of success. The group got international recognition after performing at the 2018 Winter Olympics closing ceremony.
Kai had a solo stage where he got to show off his dancing skills.
Following this, EXO released Don’t Mess Up My Tempo on November 2018. The album reached number 23 on Billboard 200 and number 1 on World Albums Billboard Chart.
It was EXO’s fastest selling album to sold over 1 million copies before being overtaken by their 2021 released Don’t Fight The Feeling.
Other than being active in EXO, Kai is also part of Kpop Supergroup called SuperM. They debuted in October 2019 with EP SuperM.
It was really well received and reached number 3 on Gaon Album Chart and top the Billboard 200 chart.
He started his solo career in 2020. He released the album KAI (开) in November. It was released along with single Mmmh and 5 other tracks.
- Real Name: Kim Jong In (김종인)
- Chinese Name: Jin Zhong Ren (金鐘仁)
- Stage Name: Kai (카이)
- Nickname: Kkamjong, Sun-kissed Boy
- Birthday: January 14, 1994
- Birthplace: Suncheon, South Jeolla, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: South Korean
- Position: Main Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Sub Rapper (EXO)
- Sub-Unit: EXO-K
- Super Power (Badge): Teleportation
- Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
- Weight: 67 kg (148 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Actor
- Education: Seoul Arts High School
- Hobbies: Dancing, Reading books, Listening to music.
- Parents: –
- Siblings: Two Sisters
- Girlfriend: Jennie BLACKPINK (2019)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: Jennie BLACKPINK
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Kai’s family consists of father, mother, and two sisters (One is nine years older and the other five years older.
- His father passed away because of chronic illness on May 7, 2018.
- His personality type is INFJ.
- He specializes in dancing Hip Hop, Jazz, Ballet, and Popping and Locking.
- Before his debut, he appeared in 13 EXO teasers.
- This Kpop Idol has plenty of nicknames including Kkamjong which dark Jong. His other one is Dark Skin.
- He is also called Asia’s First Love, Olympics Secret Weapon, Sun-kissed Boy, Idol’s Idol, Kpop’s Sharpest Dancer, and Subway Angel.
- Many people think he has cold and arrogant personalities because of his stage persona. But he is actually quiet, gentle, a bit shy, and really kind.
- His fellow member Baekhyun even said that Kai is like a shy little girl and often behaves like their maknae.
- Some people see him as someone who is blunt and chic. Others might compare him to a cute puppy.
- Among all the members, he has the shortest temper.
- One of his habits is biting his lips.
- Kai likes listening to R&B and Hip Hop the most.
- Some of his favorite movies are Pirates of The Caribbean and Billy Elliot.
- He enjoys playing video games. He admits to being good at all types of it.
- This talented dancer loves eating roast duck and fried chicken.
- He picks number 1 as his favorite number.
- This idol has many favorite colors. They are red, black, and sky blue.
- He used to dislike coffee but has been drinking it more.
- When he got free time, Kai likes biking, dancing, listening to music, reading a book, watching Youtube videos, and going online.
- He likes playing soccer even though he is not as good as Xiumin or Luhan.
- Among other members, he can memorize footballers’ names best.
- Kai is quite close to Timoteo from HotShot, Taemin from SHINee, Sungwoon from Wanna One/HotShot, Jimin from BTS, and Ravi from VIXX.
- He has appeared TVXQ’s music video for HaHaHa Song and TaeTiSeo Twinkle.
- He has also played in several dramas: To The Beautiful You (2012), Choco Bank (2016), 7 First Kisses (2016), Andante (2017), Miracle That We Met (2018), and Japanese drama Spring Has Come (2018).
- This Capricorn man appeared in several variety shows like Yummy Yummy, Happy Together, Hello Counselor, and The Return of Superman.
- He used to share a room with D.O. and Chanyeol but has his own room in the new dorm.
- He hates being disturbed while sleeping.
- Kai looks up to Michael Jackson.
- If he’s not in EXO, he would like to be a ballet dancer.
- He’s chosen by fellow idols as Best Dancer in Kpop for three years in a row.
- The man born in 1994 has a habit of tapping people on the shoulder.
- He doesn’t like loud music as he prefers quieter ones.
- He is quite a workaholic and loves working.
- Kai works out when he is stress to get rid of it.
- He picks Exodus as his favorite EXO album.
- He doesn’t like raw oyster.
- Things that make him happy are his family, his nieces and nephews, his fans, and also his work.
- One of his favorite memories as EXO member is volunteering at Red Cross.
- The man from Suncheon is not good at expressing his feelings but he is trying his best to treat others well.
- He would double the amount of love people give to him.
- Kai is not someone who would take initiative to approach a girl. He would try to slowly get to know her.
- He was in relationship with Krystal from f(x) in 2016-2017.
- This Kpop star dated Jennie from BLACKPINK in 2019.
- He has accepted that people compare him to a bear. He often wears clothes with bears, calls himself a bear, and even has fan club named erigoms (gom means bear).
- Kai was on the cover of December 2017 Big Issue. The sales beat the record since its creation.
- He used to wear his hair long as a child because his mother liked it. Many people mistook him as a girl because of this.
- He used to feel uncomfortable with D.O. and even refused to eat with him because of his glaring. But they have become very close..
- This artist becomes the face of Levi’s Live in Levi’s.
- His father promised to buy him nintendo to get him to audition for SM Entertainment.
- He has a poodle named Monggu and two toy poodles named Jjangah and Jjanggu.
- This actor drew designs for the cups of his sister’s cafe Kamong.
- He always wishes happiness to everyone because it’s the most important thing in the world.
- Kai is on TC Candler The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018 on number 51.
- His ideal type is someone gentle and affectionate, like Han Yeseul.
Pics of Kai
1. Kai looks super cute in this bear sweater
2. The clash of colors somehow works on him
3. He can also pull off a fun-funky look
4. Looking cool with his hair pushed back
5. Kai in black suit just spells classy
Kai has grown so much as an artist. From a talented dancer, to a full-packaged idol in no time.