Who doesn’t know Rain, anyway? This mega-popular Korean celebrity whose real name is Jung Ji Hoon never disappoints anyone who admires him.
Starting his career by joining JYP Entertainment as a trainee, this awesome singer shot his first debut at the age of 16 by becoming a member of Fanclub in 1998.
But sadly, the group was failed to be successful, even though they had released two albums.
Two years later, in 2002, Rain then made another shot by making his debut as a soloist by releasing a solo album called Bad Guy which includes tracks Bad Guy and also Handshake.
In that year, Rain also made his first debut in the acting industry by starring in a TV series called Orange as himself.
Slowly, Rain gained success both in music and acting. He then took this opportunity to release his next album entitled How to Avoid the Sun and It’s Raining.
In 2003, he starred again in a Korean drama called Sang Doo, Let’s Go to School.
One year later, he got wide success by starring in Full House (2004) alongside the mega-popular Korean actress, Song Hye Kyo.
Rain marked his first concert tour, Rainy Day 2005 Tour in 2005 which led him into touring for 8 countries.
Two years later, he decided to leave JYP Entertainment. As a replacement, he then built his own entertainment company, J. Tune Entertainment.
In 2008, Rain had released his Korean album called Rainism. One of his songs in the album, Love Story, became a top hit.
But unfortunately, that song was criticized because of sexual and phallic references.
Rain came back to the acting industry in 2010, when he starred in The Fugitive: Plan B. In the same year, he also made a release of his special mini-album, Back to Basic.
Three years later, after he finished his military service in 2013, Rain signed a contract with Cube DC. He also starred in Rain Effect, a reality show which was aired on December 19, 2013.
He then continued to star in several dramas and movies, such as For Love or Money (2014), My Lovely Girl (2014), Diamond Lover (2015), and Please Come Back, Mister (2016).
In 2017, he then was trusted to be a mentor of The Unit, a survival show created by KBS.
Rain never gets tired to be busy. In 2018, he starred again in K-Dramas called Sketch, followed by Welcome 2 Life (2019), and Race to Freedom: Um Bok Dong (2019).
One year later, in mid-summer of 2020, he made a group called SSAK3 under his stage name B.Ryong with Lee Hyori and Yoo Jae Suk.
That group released Beach Again on July 18, 2020, which got top position in Gaon Digital Chart.
He then made a release of his next EP on March 3, 2021, which includes the tracks of Why Don’t We and Switch to Me.
- Real Name: Jung Ji Hoon (정지훈)
- Stage Name: Rain (비)
- Nickname: Bi, B Rain, B Ryeong
- Birthday: June 25, 1982
- Birthplace: Seosan, South Chungcheong, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 184 cm (6’0″)
- Weight: 74 kg (162 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Education: Kyung Hee University (Post-Modern Music), Dankook University (Performing Arts)
- Hobbies: Listening to music, Watching movies, Collecting clothes and shoes
- Parents: Jeong Gi Choon
- Siblings: Jung Hana (sister)
- Wife: Kim Tae Hee (Married 2017 – )
- Facebook: raincompanyrain
- Twitter: @29rain
- Instagram: @rain_oppa
- TikTok: @rain.xix
- YouTube: RAIN’s Official Channel
- Rain’s mother was passed away in 2000 because of diabetes.
- He went to military service starting from 2011 to 2013.
- He once being rejected by Kim Tae Hee 5 times before they get married.
- Usher, Janet Jackson, and Michael Jackson are Rain’s favorite artists.
- He also idolizes Justin Timberlake.
- He was baptized in 2014.
- Rain’s baptism name is Michael.
- White and black are Rain’s favorite colors.
- In 2007’s Time Magazine’s Top 100 Most Influential People, he got 3rd position after Stephen Colbert. And after that, every time he saw Rain, Colbert always teases him and challenge him to dance.
- Rain is a funny person.
- His concert tickets in 2006 were sold just in 2 days.
- Rain came from a poor family.
- He remembered the last food that his mother prepared for him before passed away was fast food.
- After her mother passed away, Rain was motivated to be a better person.
- Rain is really a hard worker.
- When Rain was criticized by Park Jin Young, his coach at that time, he always took some notes and put them in his room.
- Rain is the oldest child in his family.
- He is good at playing guitar and piano.
- CLOUD is Rain’s fandom name.
- ESFP is his MBTI type.
- His ideal type is a long-hair woman, pretty without any make-up on, and excellent at cooking.
- His net worth is around $20 million.
Rain is undoubtedly an entertainer who never gives up on making his dream come true. He is such a perfect role model, isn’t he?