Darwin Nunez is a Uruguayan professional football player. He rose to prominence during his days in Almeria, which led him to join the Uruguay nation team in 2019 and Liverpool in 2022.
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Girlfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Facts
- 8 Quotes
- 9 FAQs
- 9.1 Who is Darwin Nunez?
- 9.2 Who is Darwin Nunez’s real name?
- 9.3 What makes Darwin Nunez famous?
- 9.4 Where is Darwin Nunez from?
- 9.5 How old is Darwin Nunez?
- 9.6 When Darwin Nunez celebrates his birthday?
- 9.7 How tall is Darwin Nunez?
- 9.8 Who are Darwin Nunez’s parents?
- 9.9 Is Darwin Nunez married?
- 9.10 Who is Darwin Nunez’s ex-girlfriend?
- 9.11 How rich is Darwin Nunez?
- 9.12 What is Darwin Nunez nationality?
Darwin Nunez began his career at the age of 14 by joining Penarol’s youth setup. When first joined Penarol’s youth team, he didn’t last long in the club and went back home to Artigas.
A year later, he joined the same club, Penarol’s youth, and spent four years at the club before making his senior professional debut as a striker.
He makes his professional career debut in 2017, joining Peñarol senior club and scoring his first goal in October 2018 and defeating Fenix at the match. In August 2019, he joined Almeria and makes his debut for Andalusian side in October 2019.
He spent only one season in Almeria and managed to score 16 goals before moving to another club, Benfica.
He represents Uruguay at the youth level and was a part of the junior team at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup. He is also part of Uruguay’s U-22 side at the 2019 PAN American Games.
His youth performance makes him get a call-up for a senior team for friendliest match against Costa Rica and United States in September 2019.
The following month, he makes his international debut against Peru and replaces Brian Lozano in the 75th minute. He scored his team’s first goal five minutes after he replaced Brian Lozano.
He signed a transfer deal with Portuguese club Benfica in September 2020. He managed to score six league goals in 29 matches and 14 goals in 44 appearances while in Benfica.
His performance in Benfica has caught the eye of Liverpool FC. He then transferred to Liverpool in summer 2022, joined on a six year contract and makes his unofficial debut for Liverpool in a pre-season friendly with Manchester United on July 12, 2022.
- Real Name: Darwin Gabriel Núñez Rivera
- Stage Name: Darwin Nunez
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Darwin, The New Cavani
- Birthday: June 24, 1999
- Birthplace: Artigas, Uruguay
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Nationality: Uruguayan
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Professional Football Player
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Jet Ski, Water Adventure
- Position: Striker
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @Darwinn99
- Instagram: @darwin_n9
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- Height: 188 cm (6’2”)
- Weight: 78 kg (172 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 42-36-15 (Bust -42, Waist -36, and Arms -15 inches)
- Shoe Size: 12 (US)
- Father: Bibiano Nunez
- Mother: Silvia Ribeiro
- Brother: Junior Nunez
- Sister: –
- Children: Chloe (step-daughter), Darwin Jr.
Girlfriend & Dating History
Darwin Nunez has been dating Lorena Manas who is older than him. They have been together since his days in Almeira in around 2020.
Lorena Manas is a Uruguayan woman who had a daughter and previously married football player Alex Vidal.
From Nunez and Manas relationship, they had a son who was born in 2022. The couple were living together in Liverpool.
Darwin Nunez’s net worth is around $7 million to $10 million. His incomes mostly came from his salary as a football player.
Darwin Nunez has a six year contract with Liverpool that’s worth £46,650,000, which expired in 2028. He earns a weekly salary of £140,000 (£9,330,000 of salary annually).
- None of his family was a professional footballer. His mother was a bottle hawker and seller, while his father was a construction worker.
- Darwin Nunez was born in the poorest neighborhood in Uruguay, Artigas. There was constant flooding on from the Cuareim river, so his family needed to repair homes on a regular basis and lost valuable properties.
- When he was a kid, he sometimes went to bed hungry because his family couldn’t provide a meal.
- Before joining Penarol’s youth team, he joined at his hometown club, La Luz, where he met his first coach, whom he always credited whenever he scored a goal.
- He first joined Penarol when he was 14 and moved from his hometown to the capital city, but at first he couldn’t get used to city life and moved back only a month after joining.
- Before taking the professional step, he got an injury and broke his cruciate ligament. He must have undergone surgery and at that time, he thought of quitting football. After surgery, he spent a year and a half without stepping on a football field.
- His brother also joined Penarol when he was in injury, but he stepped out because of a family situation and assured his brother to pursue his dream.
- He loves spending time exercising and has a full gym setup at his home and often makes children involved in exercise too.
- His transfer from Benfica to Liverpool was worth £75 million.
- He won the Golden Boot award in Primera Liga, scoring 26 goals and four assists in 28 appearances.
- He enjoys going on seaside vacations, especially spending time flyboarding or jet ski. He also likes to go exploring arid landscapes.
- He had his first child in January 2022 and his son shares the same name as him.
- He has a quiet and shy personality. His background likely has involved how he is always grateful for the opportunities he gets and the ambition to get his family out of hardship.
- Jurgen Klopp said that he was a calm player for the finish and has a big career ahead of him.
- He put a lot of care on his hair and sometimes changing his hairstyle and sharing it on his social media.
- The clip of his performance for pre-season matches against Manchester United goes viral and it makes him get criticized by fans and rival fans because of his worst performance and failed to score during the match.
- He never revealed his ideal type of girlfriend, but he is dating Lorena Manas, since he played for Penarol back in 2015.
“The bus dropped me off at trees cruces. I feared because I have never seen a city all my life.”
“She ensured that I and my brother eat first. My mum often went to bed without joining us to eat. Never will I forget where I came from.”
“If I keep working I’m going to achieve that and please my parents who did everything for me when I didn’t even have a pair of shoes for football.”
“I dedicate a goal to heaven, to a friend who will always be in my heart. I was age 6 years when he taught me to play football.”
“One day, I was going to Artigas with the idea of quitting football when he called me, telling me to stay. Junior said i have a future in football that he was the one leaving football.”
Who is Darwin Nunez?
He is a Uruguayan professional football player.
Who is Darwin Nunez’s real name?
His real name is Darwin Gabriel Núñez Rivera.
What makes Darwin Nunez famous?
He’s famous through his excellent performances during his days in Almeria, which led him to join the Uruguay nation team in 2019 and Liverpool in 2022.
Where is Darwin Nunez from?
He was born in Artigas, Uruguay.
How old is Darwin Nunez?
He was born in 1999, and he is 24 years old as of 2023.
When Darwin Nunez celebrates his birthday?
He celebrates on the 24th of every June.
How tall is Darwin Nunez?
His height is 6’2″ or 188 cm.
Who are Darwin Nunez’s parents?
His father’s name is Bibiano Nunez and his mother’s name is Silvia Ribeiro.
Is Darwin Nunez married?
No, he is currently unmarried. But he is in a relationship with Lorena Manas.
Who is Darwin Nunez’s ex-girlfriend?
None of his ex-girlfriend is known to the public.
How rich is Darwin Nunez?
His net worth is around $7 million to $10 million.
What is Darwin Nunez nationality?
His nationality is Uruguayan.
Darwin Nunez is the example of a football player who rises from a poor family to the one who can help his family get out of the hardship.
Behind all his success stories, there’s his family role, especially his brother, who sacrificed his dream to provide for the family.