Erling Haaland began his career a long way at a young age. His adventure in football began when he was six years old when he joined the youth team Bryne FK, an indoor football academy in Norway.
When he was 15 years old, Erling Haaland joined senior club Bryne and makes his debut. Throughout his years with Bryne, he scored eighteen goals in fourteen matches and it’s sparked interest from bigger clubs.
He received several offers from bigger clubs but then decided to join Molde in 2017 and spent two seasons with Molde.
He moved from Norway to join Austrian Club Red Bull Salzburg in 2019 and his performance has kept rising since then.
On January 1, 2020, he joined German club Borussia Dortmund. His rising star status makes him keep getting offers from bigger clubs and in 2022, he completed his transfer to Manchester City.
He also played for Norway U-19 and helped the team qualify for the UEFA U-19 Championship. His rapid progress made him once again represent Norway U-20 in the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup against Honduras.
His striking performance makes him called up to the senior squad and makes his senior international debut on September 5, 2019 against Malta in Euro 2020 representing Norway.
- Real Name: Erling Braut Haaland
- Stage Name: Erling Haaland
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Haaland, The Man Child
- Birthday: July 21, 2000
- Birthplace: Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Nationality: Norwegian
- Height: 195 cm (6’4”)
- Weight: 87 kg (191 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Football Player
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Chopping woods
- Position: Striker
Molde (2017 – 2018);
Red Bull Salzburg (2019);
Borussia Dortmund (2020 – 2022);
Manchester City (2022 – )
- Parents: Alf-Inge Haaland (Father), Gry Marita (Mother)
- Siblings: Astor Haaland (Older Brother), Gabrielle Haaland (Elder Sister)
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @ErlingHaaland
- Instagram: @erling.haaland
- TikTok: –
- Youtube: –
- His father was a professional football player and played for Leeds United in Premier League and retired when Haaland, was three years old. While his mother was a heptathlon athlete.
- He broke a world record at age five for the highest standing long jump category.
- He left England for Bryne when he was three years old and spent his childhood there.
- Manchester United’s manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was his former coach and a person who he said had a big impact in his life as a football player.
- He once had growth issues during mid-teen where he seems to couldn’t get taller and it makes his performance in decline. These issues were then resolved by a chef who took care of his nutrition.
- His nickname Manchild was given because of his build physique grown man when he was young.
- He transfer from Borussia Dortmund to Manchester City for £60 million ($63 million).
- He once dated someone when he played in Molde, but they broke up in 2018. His girlfriend’s identity remained unknown and the only thing that was known was that she is Norwegian.
- He is ambitious and emotionally resilient. He is honest and very open about what he said.
- He was the first teenager who scored in five consecutive UEFA Championship League matches for Salzburg during the 2019-2020 season.
- He was the top scorer during the 2019 U-20 World Cup when he represented Norway against Honduras. He makes scorer nine goals during that match.
- He likes to chopping wood as it is also a great workout that helps him build his arms and back.
- He also enjoys farming potatoes, especially when visiting his family.
- Aside from the workout routine, he is also adding another exercise by running through a Norway Mountain.
- He likes to hangout and party in nightclubs.
- He has been listening to Champions League anthem since he was a kid and said that it is his favorite song.
- In 2020, there’s a disagreement that makes him get kicked out of a nightclub in Norway by a guard.
- In 2021, his video where he doing three balls trick and kick it to goal’s top and destroyed target that placed in the corner. This video sparked many debates on the internet, with some fans trying to debunk whether the video was real or if there’s a shot trick in it.
- He once mentioned that he hates interviews and that they’ve happened since he was a child.
- As he is quite discreet about his relationship status and rarely giving interviews about it, he also didn’t disclose about his ideal type of girlfriend and only tweeted once about his past girlfriend.
- His net worth is around £9 million ($12 million).
“The day I do an interview over one minute will be the day I quit football.”
“Listen, I do my job on the pitch. After the match I want to hit the showers, and crack a few cold ones with the boys – not answer questions reporters already know the answers to.”
“My first girlfriend always complained about me not spending enough time with her. One day she made me choose between her and football. I miss her sometimes.”
“I have five hat-trick balls in my bed and I sleep well with them. They are my girlfriends.”
“For me, Zlatan is the biggest. He is from Scandinavia, so someone has to take over from him.
Erling Haaland’s promising talent has been shown even since he was young. Began his training at a young age, he kept rising his performance and getting offer from big club.