Raised by a single mother, Marcus Rashford has been addicted to football even since he was a kid.
His life in football took a detour when his mom enrolled him in a football center, Fletcher Moss Rangers, when he was five years old.
Learning from his idol, Tim Howard, he became the goalkeeper. He is also gaining some advantage because his father teaches at the football center.
His goalkeeper skills also made him able to take his team as a winner in a competition when he was a kid.
Fortunate of him that in the competition, there’s 15 scouts from top clubs who watched him, and among them is the representative from Manchester United.
At the age of 7, he joined Manchester United Academy while still attending Button Lane Primary School.
But because his mother was poor at that time, he lacked transport fare to the training ground, which makes him miss some of the training.
When he was 11, at his mother’s plea to the club, he got the Schoolboy Scholars scheme from Manchester United .
The club also makes him attend Ashton on Mersey secondary school where he could focus on football and education.
In Ashton on Mersey, he went to Institution’ Sport College and studied Business and Technology Education Council. He also got his diploma in sports.
He signed his first professional contract with Manchester United in 2016. He scored two goals in his debut games with Manchester United.
Not only is he proud of his club, but he also became the captain of England in his senior international career in the matches against Romania in Euro 2020.
- Real Name: Marcus Rashford
- Stage Name: Marcus Rashford
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: The Kid
- Birthday: October 31, 1997
- Birthplace: Wynthenshawe, Manchester, England
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Nationality: British
- Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
- Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: Ashton on Mersey School
- Hobbies: Playing Video Games, Watching Movies, Music
- Position: Forward
Manchester United (2016 – )
- Parents: Robert Rashford (Father), Melanie Rashford (Mother)
- Siblings: Dane Rashford (Older Brother), Dwaine Maynard (Older Brother), Chantelle (Older Sister), Claire (Older Sister), Tamara (Half Sister)
- Girlfriend: Lucia Loi (2021 – )
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @MarcusRashford
- Instagram: @marcusrashford
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- He was raised by a single mother who worked 3 jobs to make ends meet and serve food at the table. Little Marcus sometimes goes hungry but this situation gets better when he attends Button Lane Primary School who offer free meals to their pupils.
- He was the youngest boy at Manchester United who received Schoolboy Scholars scheme which secured his future with the club.
- When he was 14, he was struggling with his growth. His legs were growing very long and it made him lose his balance at some point.
- He is in a serious relationship with his girlfriend, Lucia Lio. He even proposed to her in 2022.
- He has many hobbies like playing basketball, playing guitar, or participating in fashion shows.
- He loves dogs and has a pet named Saint.
- He didn’t forget about his root. When the coronavirus hit the world, he felt obligated to help vulnerable children, and thus he began supporting food banks.
- He is also working alongside his mother in the Food Poverty campaign and this action helped him save around 1.3 million children from hunger. Because of this action, he was appointed as a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE).
- His favorite car are Mercedes Benz and Range Rover. He own several Mercedes Benz product like the CLA, C Couple, GLA, and G Class.
- He is often seen taking water vacations and is a huge fan of jet skis and other water sports.
- He has four siblings and one half-sibling from different mothers.
- He has several tattoos on his body, like a tattoo of a lion above his heart, he scroll and praying hand tattoo on his left shoulder, and the house tattoo on the left of his stomach.
- He is in a serious relationship with Lucia Loi and there’s no record of him revealing his ideal type of woman.
- His net worth was around $24.6 million.
“Of course I am happy to play in any of the attacking roles, but for me, where I can score the most goals is down the middle.”
“I want to score more goals; the main ambition is goals.”
“Thierry Henry is one of my heroes; he is one of the players I watched when I was younger. When I was 17, I changed position to be a forward, and he, along with the Brazilian Ronaldo, were the two players I tried to mirror my performance on, so I would watch how they scored goals.”
“It’s not just about showing people what you can do on the ball in those wider positions, it’s about gaining the full understanding of each position and what it takes to get that spot.”
“For me, sometimes it’s more important to perform well in training and know that I am improving rather than scoring in a game. It’s doing the hard work, day in, day out.”
“I learn something new every game. Every game is always different, no matter how you try and think about it beforehand.”
His football journey began early when he was 5 and there’s no going back since. Though at that time Marcus Rashford must face difficulty because of lack of transport fares, but he doesn’t give up the dream.