Eminem started his career in 1988 when he formed a group named New Jacks with DJ Butter Fingers.
Later in 1997, he introduced his alter ego, Slim Shady, and recorded his EP titled Slim Shady EP. Eminem also joined Rap Olympics and ranked at number two.
He continued working with Dr. Dre and launched The Slim Shady LP in 1999. The album got three certifications from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
My Name Is, one of the singles in that album, also led him to his first Grammy Awards for Best Rap Solo Performance.
The next year, he released his third album titled The Marshall Mathers LP. It was sold 1.76 million copies in the first week.
His fourth album, The Eminem Show, even got more success. It was sold 27 million copies around the world.
His works went on getting recognition worldwide. A number of reputable awards had been attained, such as Billboard Music Awards and MTV Video Music Awards.
Rolling Stone magazine even named him as one of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
- Full name: Marshall Bruce Mathers III
- Stage name: Eminem
- Nickname: Doody, Slim Shady, Double M
- Born: October 17, 1972, in Missouri, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Rapper, songwriter
- Education: Lincoln High School
- Hobbies: Writing songs and playing guitar
- Parents: Marshall Bruce Mathers, Jr. (Father) and Annette Witheridge (Mother)
- Sibling: Nathan Samra-Mathers, Sarah Mathers, Michael Mathers
- Girlfriend: Nicki Minaj
- Facebook: @eminem
- Twitter: @Eminem
- Instagram: @eminem
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: EminemMusic
- His trademarks are dying his hair blonde and twisted lyrics.
- Eminem is of Swiss-German, German, English, and Scottish descent.
- He also frequently uses alter egos in his songs. His popular alter ego is called Slim Shady.
- This rapper is left-handed.
- Double M’s favorite food is fast food, especially from Taco Bell.
- His best-loved rappers are Jay-Z and Dr. Dre.
- Eminem’s favorite film is Scarface.
- He is a huge fan of the basketball team Detroit Pistons.
- When he was a child, he actually wanted to be a comic book artist.
- Some of his musical influences are Big Daddy Kana and Kool G Rap.
- He married Kimberly Anne Scott in 1999 and divorced two years later.
- This rapper founded a record company named Shady Records in 1999.
- In 2000, Entertainment Weekly magazine ranked him #3 in the Entertainer of the Year.
- The man published a book titled Angry Blonde in the same year.
- The rapper got 3 nominations in the 2001 Academy Awards including Artist of the Year, Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Male Artist, and Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist.
- Eminem married Kimberly Anne Scott again in 2006 but divorced in the same year.
- He became the first white person that appeared in the XXL magazine in 2013.
- In 2019, Forbes magazine named him on the Celebrity 100 list.
- During the coronavirus outbreak, he donated spaghetti for the frontline workers in Detroit.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of Eminem
1. Eminem or Superman? We stan Eminem!
2. He wears an all-black outfit for his performance
3. His eyes are mesmerizing!
4. A peace sign from Eminem!
5. What do you think of Eminem in a suit?
At the beginning of his career, Eminem was struggling. However, he then becomes the award-winning and best-selling rapper.