Eminem, born as Marshall Bruce Mathers III, is an American rapper and songwriter. He’s widely regarded as one of the greatest rappers in the history and is credited for helping breaking racial barriers for white rappers.
He gained mainstream fame with the release of his second studio album, The Slim Shady LP (1999), followed by Grammy-nominated releases The Marshall Mathers LP (2000) and The Eminem Show (2002).
Eminem started his career in 1988 when he formed a group named New Jacks with DJ Butter Fingers.
Later in 1997, he introduced his alter ego, Slim Shady, and recorded his EP titled Slim Shady EP. Eminem also joined Rap Olympics and ranked at number two.
He continued working with Dr. Dre and launched The Slim Shady LP in 1999. The album got three certifications from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
My Name Is, one of the singles in that album, also led him to his first Grammy Awards for Best Rap Solo Performance.
The next year, he released his third album titled The Marshall Mathers LP. It was sold 1.76 million copies in the first week.
His fourth album, The Eminem Show, even got more success. It was sold 27 million copies around the world.
His works went on getting recognition worldwide. A number of reputable awards had been attained, such as Billboard Music Awards and MTV Video Music Awards.
Rolling Stone magazine even named him as one of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
- Full name: Marshall Bruce Mathers III
- Stage name: Eminem
- Nickname: Doody, Slim Shady, Double M
- Birthday: October 17, 1972
- Birthplace: St. Joseph, Missouri, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Rapper, Songwriter
- Education: Lincoln High School
- Hobbies: Writing songs and playing guitar
- Facebook: @eminem
- Twitter: @Eminem
- Instagram: @eminem
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: EminemMusic
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
- Weight: 68 Kg (150 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Dark brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 42-31-14 (Bust -42, Waist -31, and Arms -14 inches)
- Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Father: Marshall Bruce Mathers, Jr.
- Mother: Annette Witheridge
- Brother: Nathan Samra-Mathers, Michael Mathers
- Sister: Sarah Mathers
- Children: Hailie Jade, Alaina Marie Mathers, Stevie Mathers
Wife, Girlfriend, & Dating History
Eminem and Kimberly “Kim” Scott met in high school and started dating in 1989. Around that time, Kim and her twin sister lived with Debbie Nelson, his mother, after escaped and ran away from their alcoholic step-father, as media reported.
The couple welcomed their first daughter, Hailie Jade Scott Mathers, in 1995. They tied the knot four years later in 1999.
Unfortunately, they chose to part ways in 2001. That being said, the pair used to reunite briefly in 2006.
Eminem also adopted Stevie Mathers, Kim’s child with her former husband Eric Hartter, as well as his own niece, Alaina.
According to insider’s information, they actually meant for one another but had to separate unfortunately, life got in the way eventually.
In 2007, Kim did an interview where she opened up about their split, stating that “money is great, but it doesn’t make your husband stay at home with you,” as well as his “constant infidelities, all the time.”
According to a fellow actor, Eminem used to have a fling with Joy McAvoy in around early 2000s. She herself also admitted that she spent a night with him.
That being said, little to none detail is known about their past relationship. He has never commented on the matters as well.
Eminem was involved in an off-screen romance with on-screen love interest, Brittany Murphy, in which they became co-stars in 8 Mile (2002).
Brittany herself confirmed the speculations by stating that “the rumors are true” during her MTV’s Total Request Live appearance. However, it apparently “came and went.”
He also addressed it once by revealing that they “were very close” at some points.
He reportedly dated Kaya Jones, who’s a member of an American girl group Pussycat Dolls in 2002 to 2003.
However, there’s not much known about their speculated romance and neither of them has ever acknowledged the rumors, although Kaya digged his views on gun laws once, years after their supposed relationship happened.
In 2004, Eminem was rumored to date Tara Reid. She was mentioned in one of his albums, Kamikaze, which strengthened the speculations more.
The alleged romance between Eminem and Mariah Carey is as famous as their feud.
He claimed that they indeed dated for six months, but Mariah refuted it. She was then mentioned in some of his songs, such as Bagpipes from Baghdad (2009) with lyrics that say “Mariah, what’s ever happened to us? Why did we have to break up?”
Mariah acknowledged it with a jab by releasing Obsessed, a song that tells a story about a someone who’s crazy about her and claim that they were in a relationship continously.
Eminem responded back with The Warning (2010), in which he rapped “Mariah didn’t expect you to go balls out. B—- shut the f— up ‘fore I put all them phone calls out,” putting notions that he had proof of their romance.
Eminem and Nicki have known one another for quite some time. In 2010, they collaborated on Roman’s Revenge.
Fans speculated their romance for some time, before a positive responds came from Nicki Minaj herself through a comment by a fan on her Instagram page, asking if they were dating.
However, it appeared that they didn’t have any serious relationship, as close sources revealed that the comments were meant to be jokes and nothing’s going on between them.
Eminem is estimated to have accumulated $230 to $250 million of net worth by multiple sources. His main source of income is his career in the entertainment industry, primarily as a rap musician.
He’s named amongst the highest-paid entertainers around the world in his touring years. It’s estimated that he earns around $20 million annually, which may rise to $30 million to $50 million in touring years.
In around 2004 to 2019, he gained at least $280 million (before tax). The sum of his earnings throughout his career is approximated to be nearly $420 million.
Eminem purchased his now-primary residence in 2000 for nearly $1.5 million. The 8,900 sq-ft house is located in Clinton Township, Michigan.
He purchased another house located in Oakland County, Michigan, for $4.8 million in 2003. The 15,000 sq-ft house reportedly was owned by Kmart’s former CEO.
However, his Oakland property was listed on the marked in 2017 and sold for $1.9 million.
Arrested for Assaulting a Man who Allegedly Kissed His Then-Wife
Eminem has quite a history with law violations in the past.
One of the most infamous controversies of his, is probably when he got arrested on June 2000, for pistol-whipped a man who allegedly kissed Kim, his then-wife.
The incident happened outside of a bar in Warren, Michigan.
He proposed a plea deal over the incident and the prosecutors dropped the charge upon him, leaving Eminem fairly unscathed from the scandal.
- His trademarks are dying his hair blonde and twisted lyrics.
- Eminem is of Swiss-German, German, English, and Scottish descent.
- He also frequently uses alter egos in his songs. His popular alter ego is called Slim Shady.
- This rapper is left-handed.
- Double M’s favorite food is fast food, especially from Taco Bell.
- His best-loved rappers are Jay-Z and Dr. Dre.
- Eminem’s favorite film is Scarface.
- He is a huge fan of the basketball team Detroit Pistons.
- When he was a child, he actually wanted to be a comic book artist.
- Some of his musical influences are Big Daddy Kana and Kool G Rap.
- He married Kimberly Anne Scott in 1999 and divorced two years later.
- This rapper founded a record company named Shady Records in 1999.
- In 2000, Entertainment Weekly magazine ranked him #3 in the Entertainer of the Year.
- The man published a book titled Angry Blonde in the same year.
- The rapper got 3 nominations in the 2001 Academy Awards including Artist of the Year, Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Male Artist, and Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist.
- Eminem married Kimberly Anne Scott again in 2006 but divorced in the same year.
- He became the first white person that appeared in the XXL magazine in 2013.
- In 2019, Forbes magazine named him on the Celebrity 100 list.
- During the coronavirus outbreak, he donated spaghetti for the frontline workers in Detroit.
- His ideal type is…
- LA Originals (2020), as himself
- The Interview (2014), as himself
- How to Make Money Selling Drugs (2012), as himself
- Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap (2012), as himself
- Funny People (2008), as himself
- 8 Mile (2002), as Jimmy “B-Rabbit” Smith, Jr.
- The Wash (2001), as Chris
- Da Hip Hop Witch (2000), as himself
- BMF (2021 ⏐ STARZ), as White Boy Rick
- Entourage (2010 ⏐ HBO), as himself
- Crank Yankers (Comedy Central ⏐ 2004), as Billy Fletcher
- The Slim Shady Show (MTV2 l ⏐ 2000), as Eminem, Marshall Mathers, Slim Shady, Ken Kaniff
- Saturday Night Live (2022, 2020, 2017, 2013, 2010, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1999 ⏐ NBC), as himself (musical guest/cameo)
- Detroit Rubber (2013 ⏐ YouTube), as himself
“Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends. “
“I’m stupid, I’m ugly, I’m dumb, I smell. Did I mention I’m stupid?”
“A lot of truth is said in jest.”
“The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.”
“I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There’s no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it.”
“Everybody has goals, aspirations or whatever, and everybody has been at a point in their life where nobody believed in them.”
“Somewhere deep down there’s a decent man in me, he just can’t be found.”
“I am whatever you say I am; if I wasn’t, then why would you say I am.”
“People can try to reinvent themselves. I don’t think you can really change who you are, though, because who you are is pretty much where you came from and what you’ve done up to now.”
“The emotions in a song – the anger, aggression – have got to be legitimate.”
“Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They’re only powerful when you got your back turned. “
“I don’t hate women – they just sometimes make me mad.”
“I need to keep working on myself for a while.”
Pics of Eminem
1. Eminem or Superman? We stan Eminem!
2. He wears an all-black outfit for his performance
3. His eyes are mesmerizing!
4. A peace sign from Eminem!
5. What do you think of Eminem in a suit?
Who is Eminem?
He is an American rapper and songwriter.
Who is Eminem’s real name?
His real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III.
What makes Eminem famous?
He got famous because of the release of his second studio album, The Slim Shady LP (1999), followed by Grammy-nominated releases The Marshall Mathers LP (2000) and The Eminem Show (2002).
Where is Eminem from?
He was born in St. Joseph, Missouri, United States.
How old is Eminem?
He was born in 1972, and he is 51 years old as of 2023.
When Eminem celebrates his birthday?
He celebrates on the 17th of every October.
How tall is Eminem?
His height is 5’8″ or 173 cm.
Who are Eminem’s parents?
His father’s name is Marshall Bruce Mathers, Jr. and his mother’s name is Annette Witheridge.
Is Eminem married?
He is not married. Furthermore, there is no information on whether he is in a relationship or not.
Who is Eminem’s ex-girlfriend?
His ex-girlfriends are Joy McAvoy and Brittany Murphy. He also used to be rumored to date Kaya Jones, Tara Reid, Mariah Carey, and Nicki Minaj.
Who is Eminem’s ex-wife?
His ex-wife is Kimberly Scott.
How rich is Eminem?
His net worth is around $230 to $250 million.
What is Eminem nationality?
His nationality is American.
At the beginning of his career, Eminem was struggling. However, he then becomes the award-winning and best-selling rapper.