Nicky Jam started his career when he worked at a grocery store. He was rapping the items, which impressed a customer.
In 1995, he then signed a contract production and launched the first album titled …Distinto A Los Demás.
He gradually gained fame and worked together with his idol, Daddy Yankee. They formed a duo named Los Cangris. Their singles including Guayando and En la Cama became popular.
In 2001, he also released his solo album titled Haciendo Escante. However, the group disbanded in 2004 due to Nicky’s habit of using alcohol and drugs.
He came to his lowest point in both personal and professional issues.
In 2007, he committed to quit drugs and moved to Colombia. His songs called Travesuras and Voy a Beber brought him to sign a contract with Sony U.S. Latin.
Moreover, the former song ranked in the top ten of Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart. The next year, he got his first Latin Grammy for Best Urban Performance.
He continued making an impact in the music industry. In 2018, he performed at the World Cup to sing its official song titled Live It Up, alongside Era Istrefi, Diplo, and Will Smith.
Furthermore, his song with J Balvin titled X received over 1 billion views on YouTube.
- Full name: Nick Rivera Caminero
- Stage name: Nicky Jam
- Nickname: Nick MC, Nick
- Born: March 17, 1981, in Boston, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Rapper, singer, songwriter
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Playing basketball
- Parents: Jose Rivero (Father) and Ysabel Caminero Madera (Mother)
- Sibling: Stephanie Rivera Caminero
- Fiancee: Cydney Moreau
- Facebook: @NickyJamPR
- Twitter: @NickyJamPR
- TikTok: –
- Instagram: @nickyjam
- YouTube: NickyJamTV
- His trademarks are buzz cut hairstyle and often wears a cap.
- Nicky’s horoscope is Pisces.
- Nicky’s father is of Puerto Rican ancestry, while his mother has Dominican descent.
- His parents had a drug addiction. Hence, he grew up using drugs.
- Jam’s music is categorized as reggaeton and Latin trap.
- Nicky has suffered from attention-deficit disorder (ADHD).
- His musical influences are Michael Jackson, Jay-Z, and Prince.
- Meanwhile, Jose Jose was the first Latino artist he listened to while growing up.
- For him, the best Puerto Rican food is the combination of rice, beans, and pork chops.
- He has an eagle tattoo on his neck. It means wisdom.
- During his early career, the Remix singer loved romantic music, mostly from Camila and Sin Bandera.
- The music executive who discovered him was his customer in the grocery store he worked.
- His first music video for Piensa en Mi was cost 500 USD.
- In 2002, her daughters named Yarimar and Alissa were born.
- His son with Janexsy Figueroa named Joe Nicky was born in 2005.
- Then, a daughter named Luciana was born in 2012. Her mother is Carolina Neito.
- He became one of the participants of the Iconic Songwriter Q&A Panel, held by Billboard Latin in 2016.
- In 2017, he was married to a model Angelica Cruz but divorced a year later.
- He attended The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon after his success on X.
- Some of their wedding guests in 2017 were Vin Diesel and J Balvin.
- In 2018, Hublot Watches chose him as its brand ambassador.
- On February 14, 2020, the singer became engaged to an American model, Cydney Moreau.
- In 2020, Forbes described him as “the architect” of the Latino urban music movement.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of Nicky Jam
1. Nicky wears a red and black jacket for his performance
2. This is an all-black outfit from the rapper
3. That white shoes and alien T-shirt are head-turning!
4. What do you think of that rainbow shoes?
5. He poses in front of his car
Nicky Jam’s upbringing did affect his career badly. Yet, he decided to rise and shine in the music industry.