G.Soul or formerly known as Golden started his musical journey many years ago when he was so much younger than he is now.
That journey began in 2001 when he joined an audition program that was aired on SBS, Prodigy Growth 99%.
From that show, G.Soul was destined to meet JYP Entertainment, one of the top 3 big entertainment companies in South Korea.
After that, he then directly joined JYP Entertainment as a trainee and surprisingly spent 15 years training before he made his official debut.
G.Soul finally debuted on January 19, 2015, under JYP Entertainment by releasing his debut EP, Coming Home.
Unfortunately, after spending two years debuting under JYP Entertainment, G.Soul made a grand decision to leave his agency.
In 2017, on June 6, this Gemini singer left JYP Entertainment and signed to another agency, H1ghr Music to get some changes for his career.
Under that agency, he became more productive, proven by his top singles, such as Tequila (2017), Bad Habit (2017), Can’t (2017), and I’ll Be There (2017).
In 2019, he made another grand decision to change his stage name, G.Soul, into Golden.
Under the name of Golden, he released H1GHR (2020), Oscar (2020), and also Afternoon (2020).
But later, he then changed his stage name back to G.Soul in 2021.
- Real Name: Kim Ji Hyun (김지현)
- Stage Name: G.Soul (지소울) / Golden (골든)
- Nickname: Jihyun
- Birthday: June 16, 1988
- Birthplace: South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Nationality: South Korean-American
- Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
- Blood Type: AB
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
- Education: Windsor High School
- Hobbies: Walking around, Listening to music
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: MIN (ex)
- Facebook: @Rothy.official
- Twitter: @lmlliGLDN
- Instagram: @g_theprince
- TikTok: @gldnakagsoul
- YouTube: GSoul Official
- G.Soul is able to speak Korean and English very well.
- He once got psychology and also graphic design lessons from CUNY Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Golden was his former stage name and he changed that in October 2019.
- Initially, when he enlisted military service, he signed up as a conscripted policeman but later he changed into a position as an active-duty soldier.
- His military service ended in 2019.
- G.Soul once talked about his mental health on his Instagram stories.
- He didn’t feel ashamed to deal with depression and get professional treatment.
- G.Soul has a fear of heights.
- He made a good friendship with Jay Park.
- He has a motto, “work hard and stay humble.
- His role models are D.Angelo, Sade, Prince, Kanye West, Michael Jackson, and Stevie Wonder.
- G.Soul once dated MIN, a former member of Miss A, for 6 months in 2016.
- He said that he will get married much later, but if he meets someone, his plan might change.
- G.Soul idolizes Jean-Michel Basquiat because of his attitude, artwork, and everything.
- He wants to live freely.
- He loves to spend time alone.
- He doesn’t regret when he decided to change his stage name.
- For himself, G.Soul thinks that he is a dope dancer.
- He loves spending time with his friends to relieve stress.
- His biggest role model is his mother.
- His inspiration in making music is to inspire others.
- His ideal type is…
- Need You — Outro (2020)
- Natural (2021)
- For You (2021)
- Can Love Be Fair (2021) — ft. Ben
- Another Sad Love Song (2020)
- Afternoon (2020) — ft. Jay Park, pH-1
- Oscar (2020) — ft. Jay Park, pH-1, BIG Naughty
- H1GHR (2020) — ft. Jay Park
- Hate Everything (2019)
- I’ll Be There (2017)
- Can’t (2017)
- Bad Habit (2017)
- Tequila (2017) — ft. Hoody
- Far, Far Away (2016)
- Smooth Operator (2016) — ft. San E
- Crazy For You (2015)
- Love Me Again (2015)
- You (2015)
As a singer, G.Soul is never afraid to take any risks and explore anything he wants. Well, he is such an awesome artist!