Jadon Sancho is an English professional football player. He was famous as he joined Manchester United and became the second most expensive player in football history.
Jadon Sancho began his football journey by joining Watford at the age of 7. So he could continue his education, he attended Watford’s partner school, Harefield Academy as a boarding student.
When he was trained under coach Holmes Lewis, the coach helped him to win the U-11 competition at the prestigious event.
When he was 11, there was an offer from Chelsea but he turned them down because he preferred Watford’s setup that allows him to train and go to school.
When he was in his mid-teens, he had the ability to manipulate the ball like a magician and it attracted more scouts from Premier League clubs. In the end, in 2015 he joined Manchester City Academy.
He continued to impress while he was at Manchester City Academy. When Manchester City had a tour in the USA in 2017, he made up his mind not to join the tour and sought for a new challenge.
It brought him to sign with Borussia Dortmund in August 2017 under the agreement that he would play in the first team squad. He made his professional debut with Dortmund in 2017.
He proved himself at Dortmund when in October 2018 he was named as Player of the Month.
In 2021, he transferred to Manchester United for a transfer fee that made him the second most expensive player in football history.
Not only did he impress with his performance at his club, but he also helped England win the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017.
He was called for their senior team and made his international senior debut in 2018 in the matches against Croatia in the UEFA Nations League.
Read also: Marcus Rashford – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Jadon Malik Sancho
- Stage Name: Jadon Sancho
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: The Rocket
- Birthday: March 25, 2000
- Birthplace: Camberwell, London, England
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: English
- Religion: –
- Profession: Professional Football Player
- Education: Harefield Academy
- Hobbies: –
- Position: Midfielder
Manchester United (2021 – )
Borussia Dortmund (2017 – 2021)
Borussia Dortmund II (2017)
- Girlfriend: -:
- Facebook: @jadonsancho
- Twitter: @Sanchooo10
- Instagram: @sanchooo10
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
- Weight: 76 kg (167 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: 41-33-14 (Chest 41, Waist 33, and Biceps 14 in inches)
- Shoe Size: –
- Father: Sean Sancho (Father)
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Girlfriend & Dating History
There’s no history of Jadon Sancho’s relationship. He was seen having a holiday with women, however it is common for football players to hangout with women without having a serious relationship in it.
Sancho probably singles out the bright future that awaits him in the future as the young promising football player. It would likely he focused on his career than on romance.
Jadon Sancho’s net worth is around $8 million. His main source of income came from his salary as a football player.
Jadon Sancho is the third highest paid player. He was paid £350,000 per week per his contract at Manchester United.
The salary was a third times higher than he was in Borussia Dortmund. When he was at Borussia Dortmund, he got paid £100,000 per week.
- When he was a kid, he chose to play football in the street after he went home from school. It’s been fortunate since he was growing up in Camberwell and Kennington, where known as the places that have illegal activities and crimes that take place regularly.
- He loves to sing to rap music and this talent was spotted when he danced and rapped to the parody music Mans Not Hot.
- When he was a teenager, he liked to watch Ronaldinho and Neymar videos and do similar ball tricks as them.
- He has been close to Reiss Nelson since they were kids.
- His parents were from Trinidad and Tobago, the southern island country in the Carribean, who moved to England.
- His father was working as a security guard and also working part-time as a coach in the community for upcoming and talented children.
- He has great dribbling ability and has goal scoring prowess even as a seven year old kid.
- He was scouted by football coach Sayce Holmes Lewis when he played football with his friend Reiss Nelson and Ian Carlo Poveda, who also became a footballer.
- In 2020, after scoring in a match against SC Paderborn, he makes a goal celebration by striping his shirt and showing a shirt written Justice for George Floyd.
- His idol is Ronaldinho, as he said that Ronaldinho brought big influence to him and he likes watching him on Youtube.
- His first tattoo was a poem he dedicated to his late brother, which he also read at his funeral.
- He was the first English player to score a direct free kick for an overseas club in the UEFA Champions League.
- He keeps a low profile about his personal life and only shares about his professional life on his social media.
- During his vacation, he also likes to travel around the world and prefer to go to the seasides and beaches.
- Since he only shares about his professional life, there’s no record of his girlfriend or his ideal type of woman.
Read also: Antony – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
“You have to do what you have to do to make myself and my family happy.”
“I would have taken any number but getting seven was a big boost to my confidence.”
“I think when you’re different you stand out more and I like when people stand out.”
“I don’t really try to take notice of all the media. I just try to stay focused on my game.”
“Street football means you don’t fear no one because you have nothing to lose and you are just being yourself.”
“Everyone’s said I exploded in 2018 and, honestly, that’s how it feels. It’s been the best year of my life.”
“If English clubs are not giving you a chance then going abroad is always an option. That’s what the Bundesliga is about.”
“I think some fans are very passionate, they just say what they want to say but they just need to slow it down a bit. We’re still only human. We’re not what people think. We might be famous but we love the sport and just want to play football.”
“I didn’t know how to socialise with other people. I went to Harefield and it was strange at first but then I realised I was only here for one thing and that was the football. That was one of the many things that kept me grounded and kept me going.”
“My friends in Kennington always ask me, ‘can I have a shirt for my little brother or cousin,’ and I always send them shirts. I will never forget where I have come from, because I know what it is like growing up in that area, and it is not nice.”
“I see the hate, what some people say, but I just prove them wrong at the end of the day because I show everyone what I can do. Some people don’t want me to succeed but you just have to take it on the chin.”
Having to play football in the street strength his will to play football, and when coach Sayce Holmes scouts him for tournaments, Jadon Sancho sees the chance to pursue his passion in football.