Born into a father who also plays football, Neymar Junior combines his passion for soccer with schooling.
Though growing up in poverty, his father could recognize his incredible talent and decided to help his son pursue his dreams.
At the age of six, Neymar Junior began to play futsal which helped him develop his ability to perform his moves in tight spaces and his agility.
To give him more opportunities for competitive futsal, his family moved 100 km away from Mogi to São Vicente. In southern São Paulo, they found a competitive Futsal team called Portuguesa Santista.
He took a trial and when passed, he was inducted into their Futsal youth ranks. In there, he used his trick and feint to beat players who were bigger and older than him.
Five years after joining Portuguesa Santista, he got called from the biggest club in Brazil, Santos FC. With his signing with Santos FC, it helped the family out of poverty so they could afford a house close to Santos FC stadium.
With his popular skill, European scouts began trying to sign him and in 2006, when he was 14, he got an invitation for a Madrid Academy trials. But the negotiation with Real Madrid failed and he continued with Santos Academy.
He made his first professional senior debut at age 17 in 2009 with Santos FC. In 2009, he also voted as Best Young Player of the 2009 Campeonato Paulista.
In 2013, he transferred from Santos FC to Barcelona and made his debut in 2013 – 2014 La Liga against Levante and helped Barcelona win 7-0.
In 2017, he moved from Barcelona to Paris Saint Germain with the transfer worth €222 million.
His remarkable skill makes him get called on to represent Brazil at Under-17. He also represented Brazil in the 2014 FIFA World Cup but at that time he got injury and Brazil should lose 7-1 to Germany.
- Real Name: Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior
- Stage Name: Neymar Jr., Neymar Junior
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Juninho, Neymaravilha
- Birthday: February 5, 1992
- Birthplace: Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: Brazilian
- Height: 175 cm (5’9”)
- Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Dancing, Playing Video Games, Playing Poker, Wakeboarding
- Position: Striker – Left Wing
Santos (2009 – 2013)
Barcelona (2013 – 2017)
Paris Saint Germain (2017 – )
- Parents: Neymar Santos Sr. (Father), Nadine da Silva (Mother)
- Siblings: Rafaella Beckran (Sister)
Bruna Biancardi (2022)
Natalia Barulich (2020);
Elizabeth Martinez (2015);
Bruna Marquezine (2013 – 2018);
Carol Abranches (2011);
Barbara Evans (2011);
Carolina Dantas (2010 – 2011);
- Facebook: Neymar Jr
- Twitter: @neymarjr
- Instagram: @neymarjr
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: Neymar Jr
- When he was four months old, his family got into a car accident. Fortunately, he didn’t get a serious injury from the accident, but his dad got his hip bone dislocated and it cost him his career at football.
- After his father retired from football, the family struggled financially, couldn’t even afford to pay electric bills and in the end moved to his grandparent’s house.
- Back when he was a kid, if he wasn’t seen with a ball, he would be spotted playing video games.
- His transfer from Santos FC to Barcelona worth €222 million made him the highest paid soccer player.
- When Neymar Junior was 18, he dated Carolina Dantas and she got pregnant. His son born on August 2011 named Davi Lucca da Silva Santos. But they broke up not long after his son was born and he kept a good relationship with his son and the mom.
- In 2011, he dated Barbara Evans, but the relationship also didn’t last long.
- In the same year, he started dating Brazilian model and dancer, Carol Abranches and as they promised to have an open relationship, he didn’t feel right about it and they also broke up.
- From 2013 to 2018 he dated Bruna Marquezine and they have a long distance relationship and the relationship seems on and off.
- While dating Bruna Marquezine, he also dated several women like Patricia Jordane, Laryssa Olivera, Thaila Ayala and the relationship doesn’t last long.
- In 2020, he spotted dating Cuban model, Natalia Barulich.
- In 2022, he dated Bruna Biancardi and the two have been sharing their photos together on their social media.
- He is known for his flashy life and collected several top brand cars.
- He has a yacht which he bought in 2012. The yacht named Nadine in honor of his mother.
- Aside from the yacht, he also has a helicopter which he bought for $15 million and manufactured by Mercedes Benz.
- His love for GaGà Milano watches also showed as he spent $180,000 on watches at the GaGà Milano Boutique in Tokyo.
- When he debut with Barcelona, he suffered anemia, an iron deficiency in the blood.
- He used to wear a headband with the words 100% Jesus proven that he had always been religious.
- When he was in Santos in 2010, he got caught in controversy for insulting his coach because he didn’t get to take penalty kick which resulted in him getting banned for a match and his coach getting fired.
- Brazilian courts frozen his assets worth $50 in 2015 because of his unpaid taxes from 2011 to 2013.
- He had a heated argument with teammate Nelson Semedo during a training session in 2017 ahead of Barcelona’s clash with Real Madrid.
- Though he never disclosed what his ideal type of girlfriend was, but throughout the years he’s been dating supermodels and playmates, and it seems he’s attracted to women who’s working in the entertainment industry.
- His net worth is around $200 million.
“You need a lot of comfort and nothing to be on your weight to play as you wish.”
“The moment I am off the field, it’s my personal time.”
“What I think about is my happiness, together with my family. I want us to be happy.”
“I never like to say that I’m better than anybody else.”
“The first game is always the most difficult, for the nerves you have before you begin to play.”
“It is easier when you like to work with your companions.”
“I’m only one Neymar – for my family, for the public. I’m always the same person.”
“I want to trace my own path by doing the things I have been doing, winning titles, reaching goals.”
“I try to be myself without being anything different.”
“Before speaking without knowledge, saying lies, you have to present evidence.”
“When you see a person you love being affected, suffering, people saying things that aren’t true… then it hurts you.”
“I’m a happy guy. I like to joke around. I’m irreverent. I love my family; I love my son. I was very happy with and proud of the birth of my son. I grew up a lot after he was born. I’m just an easy and happy guy.”
“I don’t mind being the one people talk about. It doesn’t weigh on me.”
“I’ve always had the greatest respect for and listened to both my father and my mother. I’ve always tried to follow my parents’ advice because these are people who want the best for me.”
On the field, Neymar Junior is a football legend who is adored by many of his fans. When he is not on the football field, he is a man who loves luxury things such as watches and someone who loves his family.