James Charles started to get his popularity when his yearbook photo became viral in 2016.
He brought his personal highlighter and ring light to be extra. Other celebrities, such as Zendaya and Katy Perry, spotted and endorsed it. He then was picked for CoverGirl to be its spokesmodel.
On the other hand, He also created interesting videos about make up, such as makeup look challenges and makeovers.
The creative videos and make up skills gained people’s attention and made them subscribe to his channel. Another factor that helps him famous is his personality and the way he calls his fans sister.
In the beginning, he also collaborated with other beauty YouTubers including Jeffree Star and Tati Westbrook.
In 2016, he won The Streamy Awards in the Beauty category. Then, he also won Show of the Year from the same awards in 2020 for his work Instant Influencer with James Charles.
Furthermore, he often does makeup for celebrities including Iggy Azalea for her music video and Kylie Jenner for her Halloween makeup.
Read more: Becky G – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Full name: James Charles Dickinson
- Stage name: James Charles
- Nickname: James
- Born: May 23, 1999, in New York, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Internet personality, YouTuber, makeup artist
- Education: Bethlehem Central High School
- Hobbies: Singing a
- Parents: Unknown (Father) and Christie Dickinson (Mother)
- Sibling: Ian Jeffery
- Facebook: @JamesCharles
- Twitter: @jamescharles
- Instagram: @jamescharles
- TikTok: @jamescharles
- YouTube: James Charles Official
- This beauty guru is openly gay.
- This YouTube star is legally blind.
- Kevin Spacey is his favorite actor.
- He adores Shawn Mendes.
- Charles likes eating continental food.
- This beauty YouTuber frequently posts singing covers on his YouTube channel.
- James is a massive fan of The Pink Drink Starbucks. He calls it Pinkity Drinkity.
- Periwinkle is his favorite color.
- James’s close friends include Charli and Dixie D’Amelio, Larray, Noah Beck, and Chase Hudson.
- James became the first male that was chosen to be the spokesmodel for CoverGirl in 2016.
- He was invited to The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2016.
- In 2018, James became one of the members of Sister Squad, along with Emma Chamberlain and Dolan Twins.
- James had a feud with another beauty guru named Tati Westbrook. In her video, she mentioned that James was a sexuality manipulator and betrayed her by promoting another product that is similar to hers.
- Due to the feud, James lost more than 3 million subscribers.
- Responding to Tati’s video, he uploaded a video named No More Lies, telling his arguments about the issue. Soon, he got a million subscribers back.
- He was invited to Morphe Cosmetics store opening in Birmingham, the UK in 2019.
- In the same year, he also partnered with Morphe Cosmetics to create his own palette.
- In 2020, James bought a mansion in Los Angeles that costs 7 million USD.
- He appeared in Larray’s music video titled Cancelled in 2020.
- He also held a 100,000 USD giveaway in 2020.
- When the controversy with Tati began, Emma Chamberlain unfollowed James, but they started creating a video again in 2020.
- Charles also revealed that he had injections in his lip and forehead.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of James Charles
1. Look at James’ makeup talent!
2. His yellow shoe tie pops up
3. Stay at home with James Charles
4. All-white outfit from James!
5. What do you think of this all-blue outfit instead?
James Charles was born to break the stereotypes! He was a talented and creative beauty guru.