Becky G started his journey to becoming a pop star when her family was struggling financially. She played a role in commercials and took voice-over jobs.
Moreover, She began sharpening her rap skills when she was 11. In 2008, she appeared in a short movie titled El Tux and the TV film La estación de la Calle Olvera.
Eventually, in 2011, a music producer Dr. Luke discovered her on YouTube, particularly her cover of Otis by Jay-Z and Kanye West. Then, she signed a contract with his label, Kemosabe Records.
In 2012, she launched her first single with will.i.am named Problem. Its remix version became the soundtrack of Hotel Transylvania. She also partnered with Cher Lloyd to produce Oath.
The song got a place on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also received a gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Her debut album titled Cant Get Enough finally released in 2013. It features an American rapper Pitbull.
In 2014, she launched her first English album. Its lead single, Shower, entered the top 20 of Billboard Hot 100 and was sold 2 million copies in the US.
Her successful singles led her to collaborate with other famous artists, such as David Guetta and Daddy Yankee.
She also won many reputable awards, including the American Music Awards and the People’s Choice Awards.
- Full name: Rebbeca Marie Gomez
- Stage name: Becky G
- Nickname: Becky Gomez
- Born: March 2, 1997, in California, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, actress
- Education: Homeschooling
- Hobbies: Playing soccer and riding a bike
- Parents: Frank Gomez (Father) and Alejandra Gomez (Mother)
- Sibling: Stephanie Gomez. Frankie Gomez, Alex Gomez
- Boyfriend: Sebastian Lletget
- Facebook: @iambeckyg
- Twitter: @iambeckyg
- Instagram: @iambeckyg
- TikTok: @iambeckyg
- YouTube: Becky G Official
- Her trademarks are the gap between her teeth and her long black hair.
- The singer calls her fans Beasters.
- Becky has dealt with anxiety.
- Gomez likes eating sour things and often adds lemons to her snacks.
- Biting nails and talking weird voices to herself are her bad habits.
- She has a restaurant chain named Fat Becky G Burger.
- Becky had to be homeschooled because she got bullied during her education in a public school.
- Her biggest musical influences include Jennifer Lopez and Thalia.
- She helped Australian singer Cody Simpson for the opening acts on Believe by Justin Bieber in 2012.
- In 2015, she dated a famous singer Austin Mahone.
- The singer started dating an American soccer player Sebastian Lletget in 2016.
- Along with the kids’ stationery brand, Yoobi, Becky donated school supplies to 7,800 students in Inglewood in 2016.
- In 2017, she performed as the opening act for Fifth Harmony for the girl group’s PSA Tour.
- She had an accident in 2017 when she was pulled by her fans to take a picture with her.
- In 2019, many users on Twitter mentioned she was shading Selena Gomez due to her bad comments towards Selena’s song, Taki Taki.
- She won the 2019 Gardel Awards for Best Urban/Trap Collaboration.
- Becky was also honored with the Extraordinary Evolution Award from Latin American Music Awards in 2019.
- In 2020, Gomez sold charity t-shirts to help Los Angeles students amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
- People With Money magazine listed her in the top 10 of the highest-paid singers’ list for 2021.
Becky G’s Photos
1. The singer performs at Walt Disney World
2. Becky G wears a stunning white dress
3. This suit gives her a masculine look
4. Do you like Becky wearing glasses?
5. Becky’s gaze melts anyone’s heart.
Becky G’s talent is limitless! She can produce chart-worthy songs and act for films.