Becky G is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She earned attention as she started to share her cover videos online in around 2011, in which one of them caught Dr. Luke’s attention as a record producer.
She collaborated with big names such as Cher Lloyd and will.i.am, before making her debut single Becky from the Block in 2013. She debuted an EP album in the same year titled Play It Again.
Her career breakthrough which gained her mainstream success happened with Shower (2014) release, that charted in the Billboard Hot 100 chart’s top twenty position.
Becky G started her journey to becoming a pop star when her family was struggling financially. She played a role in commercials and took voice-over jobs.
Moreover, she began sharpening her rap skills when she was 11. In 2008, she appeared in a short movie titled El Tux and the TV film La estación de la Calle Olvera.
Eventually, in 2011, a music producer Dr. Luke discovered her on YouTube, particularly her cover of Otis by Jay-Z and Kanye West. Then, she signed a contract with his label, Kemosabe Records.
In 2012, she launched her first single with will.i.am named Problem. Its remix version became the soundtrack of Hotel Transylvania. She also partnered with Cher Lloyd to produce Oath.
The song got a place on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also received a gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Her debut album titled Cant Get Enough finally released in 2013. It features an American rapper Pitbull.
In 2014, she launched her first English album. Its lead single, Shower, entered the top 20 of Billboard Hot 100 and was sold 2 million copies in the US.
Her successful singles led her to collaborate with other famous artists, such as David Guetta and Daddy Yankee.
She also won many reputable awards, including the American Music Awards and the People’s Choice Awards.
- Full name: Rebbeca Marie Gomez
- Stage name: Becky G
- Nickname: Becky Gomez
- Birthday: March 2, 1997
- Birthplace: Inglewood, California, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Education: Homeschooling
- Hobbies: Playing soccer and riding a bike
- Facebook: @iambeckyg
- Twitter: @iambeckyg
- Instagram: @iambeckyg
- TikTok: @iambeckyg
- YouTube: Becky G Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 150 cm (4’11”)
- Weight: 48 Kg (106 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark brown
- Body Measurements: 34-25-35 (Bust -34, Waist -25, and Hips -35 inches)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Father: Frank Gomez
- Mother: Alejandra Gomez
- Brother: Frankie Gomez, Alex Gomez
- Sister: Stephanie Gomez
Boyfriend & Dating History
Becky and Austin were rumored to be in a relationship in 2014. The couple confirmed their romance in 2015.
Unfortunately, they called it off in 2015 as well. According to his interview with ET, it happened because they were “so busy traveling and all that,” indicating that they separated in good terms.
It’s confirmed that she dated Sebastian, who’s an American pro soccer player in June 2016. The pair announced their engagement 4.5 years later, in the end of 2022.
It was rumored that the split happened because of infidelity on Sebastian’s side. He put out apology for cheating in early 2023.
Her net worth is estimated to be anywhere between $17 million to $20 million by multiple sources online. She earns her income primarily through her singing career.
- Her trademarks are the gap between her teeth and her long black hair.
- The singer calls her fans Beasters.
- Becky has dealt with anxiety.
- Gomez likes eating sour things and often adds lemons to her snacks.
- Biting nails and talking weird voices to herself are her bad habits.
- She has a restaurant chain named Fat Becky G Burger.
- Becky had to be homeschooled because she got bullied during her education in a public school.
- Her biggest musical influences include Jennifer Lopez and Thalia.
- She helped Australian singer Cody Simpson for the opening acts on Believe by Justin Bieber in 2012.
- In 2015, she dated a famous singer Austin Mahone.
- The singer started dating an American soccer player Sebastian Lletget in 2016.
- Along with the kids’ stationery brand, Yoobi, Becky donated school supplies to 7,800 students in Inglewood in 2016.
- In 2017, she performed as the opening act for Fifth Harmony for the girl group’s PSA Tour.
- She had an accident in 2017 when she was pulled by her fans to take a picture with her.
- In 2019, many users on Twitter mentioned she was shading Selena Gomez due to her bad comments towards Selena’s song, Taki Taki.
- She won the 2019 Gardel Awards for Best Urban/Trap Collaboration.
- Becky was also honored with the Extraordinary Evolution Award from Latin American Music Awards in 2019.
- In 2020, Gomez sold charity t-shirts to help Los Angeles students amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
- People With Money magazine listed her in the top 10 of the highest-paid singers’ list for 2021.
- Her ideal type is…
- Blue Beetle (2023), as Khaji-Da (voice)
- Good Mourning (2022), as Apple
- A.X.L (2018), as Sara Reyes
- Gnome Alone (2017), as Chloe (voice)
- Power Rangers (2017), as Trini Kwan / Yellow Ranger
- El Tux (2008), as Claudia Gómez
- Empire (FOX ⏐ 2015), as Valentina Galindo
- Austin & Ally (Disney Channel 2015), as herself
- La estación de la Calle Olvera (Discovery Channel ⏐ 2008), as Nina
- MTV Millennial Awards 2022 (MTV Brazil ⏐ 2022), as herself (host)
- A Tiny Audience (HBO Max ⏐ 2022), as herself (performer)
- Becoming A Popstar (MTV ⏐ 2022), as herself (judge)
- Everybody Loves Natti (Amazon Prime Video ⏐ 2021), as herself
- Face to Face with Becky G (Facebook Watch ⏐ 2021), as herself
- MTV Europe Music Awards 2019 (MTV UK ⏐ 2019), as herself (performer)
- La Voz… Argentina (Telefe ⏐ 2018), as herself
- Latin American Music Awards 2018 (Telemundo ⏐ 2018), as herself (host / performer)
- Latin American Music Awards 2017 (Telemundo ⏐ 2017), as herself (host / performer)
- Tu dia alegre ( Univision, UniMás ⏐ 2015), as herself
- Teens Wanna Know (YouTube ⏐ 2014), as herself
- Mahomie Madness (AwesomenessTV ⏐ 2014), as herself
“Never let the negativity get to you. There are gonna be a lot of people you have to plow through, but as long you believe in yourself, that’s all that matters.”
“I would love to have my own fashion line because I love sketching.”
“I’ll eat anything. I love food in general. I love traditional Mexican, carne asada. Just meat, beans, rice, and some good salsa.”
“Music was my one way to vent.”
“I love having my hoop earrings. Just regular gold hoops.”
“If I can, I love staying in pajamas all day and watching movies and eating good food.”
“I wrote ‘Oath’ for Cher Lloyd because there were really no best-friend anthems out there. Not only did she love it, she wanted me to rap on it, too!”
“This is kind of weird, but I eat lemons with salt as snack. They’re so good!”
“It’s nice to get to know people who are the same age as you that do the same things because it’s like a different level of understanding.”
“I don’t know if it’s because I’m Latina or something, but I have no problem speaking my mind.”
“I have an obsession with hot sauce. I love Cholula. I put Cholula on everything.”
“When I was nine years old, my family lost our home, and the six of us moved into my grandparents’ converted garage.”
“I want a guy who’s going to be accepting of – one, my big ‘ol, loud Mexican family – and also my career, because it’s a lot. I don’t want someone who’s like… ‘Oh, you don’t have time for me’. Like, I want somebody who’s sure of himself and gonna be like, ‘Okay, you go do your thing, and when you come back, we’re good.'”
“Miguel has this Prince, Marvin Gaye, old-school feel that I love.”
“I still live in Inglewood and have a great relationship with my Mexican family.”
Pics of Becky G
1. The singer performs at Walt Disney World
2. Becky G wears a stunning white dress
3. This suit gives her a masculine look
4. Do you like Becky wearing glasses?
5. Becky’s gaze melts anyone’s heart.
Who is Becky G?
She is an American singer, songwriter, and actress.
Who is Becky G’s real name?
Her real name is Rebbeca Marie Gomez.
What makes Becky G famous?
She’s famous for her single Shower (2014) that charted in the Billboard Hot 100 chart’s top twenty position.
Where is Becky G from?
She was born in Inglewood, California, United States.
How old is Becky G?
She was born in 1997, and she is 26 years old as of 2023.
When Becky G celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 2nd of every March.
How tall is Becky G?
Her height is 4’11” or 149 cm.
Who are Becky G’s parents?
Her father’s name is Frank Gomez and her mother’s name is Alejandra Gomez.
Is Becky G married?
She is not married. Furthermore, there is no information on whether she is in a relationship or not.
Who is Becky G’s ex-boyfriend?
Her ex-boyfriends are Austin Mahone and Sebastian Lleget.
How rich is Becky G?
Her net worth is around $17 million to $20 million.
What is Becky G nationality?
Her nationality is American.
Becky G’s talent is limitless! She can produce chart-worthy songs and act for films.