Jang Ki Yong has shown interest in fashion since childhood. He also grew to love being photograph. However, he didn’t really think of making a career out of it until much later.
The turning point was when he saw Lee Soo Hyuk walking on a fashion show. This inspired him to become a model.
To pursue his dream, this Leo man moved to Seoul. He first tried out on a model management company called KPlus which later known as YG KPlus.
He wasn’t selected on his first try and had to come back a year later. This time, he got approved and ended up joining the company in 2012.
This model began his career in Seoul Fashion Week 2012, walking for the S/S General Idea Collection Show.
Over the years, he would participate in many more fashion shows and pictorials. He even won the Fashion Model Award at Asian Model Awards 2014.
After gaining success in the modeling world, Ki Yong began to dive into the film industry. His debut as an actor came in 2014. He made a cameo on the drama series It’s Okay, That’s Love.
His appearance might be brief, but it successfully created a buzz surrounding his name. Later that year, this talented young man was casted in The Greatest Marriage and Schoolgirl Detectives.
In 2018, he got his first leading role in the show Come and Hug Me. For his performance, this actor won Best New Actor award in at the Baeksang Arts Awards.
Over the years, his name continues to soar as he takes on more roles in various series. This includes the 2021 hit drama series My Roommate Is A Gumiho.
- Real Name: Jang Ki Yong (장기용)
- Stage Name: Jang Ki Yong (장기용)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: August 7, 1992
- Birthplace: Ulsan, South Korea.
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Nationality: Korean
- Height: 187 cm (6’2″)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actor, Model
- Education: Seokyeong University
- Hobbies: Photography
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @juanxkui
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- He is a bit timid and shy.
- Growing up, he was more of an introvert.
- This Leo man gained confidence once he started modeling.
- Before wanting to become a model, he didn’t know what to be.
- \Ki Yong likes taking pictures.
- He is the face of Sprite Korea.
- He had a hard time facing his parents to talk about becoming a model.
- His parents weren’t too sure of him becoming a model, but they supported him because of his determination.
- His father was a studious person so he initially wanted Jang Ki Yong to study.
- He has great talent in rapping.
- He also has a beautiful voice.
- The model likes singing in Karaoke.
- He was in the music video Friday and Red Shoes by IU.
- He used to wear braces.
- When he first started, he caught the attention of the modeling industry because of his boyish charm.
- He competed in some singing competitions like Singing Battle and Tribe of Hip Hop.
- As a model, the man from Ulsan has worked with many big brands like Giordano and Nivea.
- He likes watching UFC matches.
- He has many fans raging from teenagers to adults and even elderly.
- At young age, this actor often went to hike with his family.
- He would go on a walk during his free time.
- He likes walking and listening to music along the Han River.
- Jang Ki Yong is an active person.
- He likes doing sports such as ski, boxing, and even martial arts.
- He is someone who would smile and play around a lot once he feels comfortable.
- His ideal type is a pleasantly chubby girl who eats well.
Pics of Jang Ki Yong
1. Jang Ki Yong in looking smart and classy in suit
2. He can pull off any looks
3. Love him in denim
4. He is super charming
5. Ki Yong looks really handsome in this close-up shot
From modeling to acting, Jang Ki Yong is truly a talented individual. We will definitely see more of him taking over even bigger roles.