Jason Derulo is an award-winning singer that has sold more than 30 million copies of his pieces.
He also achieved over ten Platinum certifications. Throughout his career, Jason had collaborated with other famous singers, such as Korean boyband BTS, Pitbull, and Nicki Minaj.
However, his career doesn’t happen overnight. He tried writing songs since he was 8 years old and sharpened his music skills in performing arts schools.
His professional music journey began when Jason wrote songs for other artists, such as Lil Wayne, Diddy, and Cassie in 2006.
Moreover, he still performed as a solo singer. In the same year, Jason won Showtime at the Apollo, an American TV Show, that brought him to sign a contract with Warner Bros. Records.
Three years later, Derulo launched his first single titled Whatcha Say. The song ranked #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
In 2010, Jason released a self-titled album, and it reached the top ten on the Irish and UK Albums Charts. Next, the album also won Choice R&B Album at the 2010 Teen Choice Awards.
- Full name: Jason Joel Desrouleaux
- Stage name: Jason Derulo
- Nickname: J.D.
- Born: September 21, 1989 in Florida, USA
- Zodiac sign: Virgo
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, dancer
- Education: The American Musical and Dramatic Academy
- Hobbies: Watching movies and swimming
- Parents: Joel Desrouleaux (Father) and Jocelyne Desrouleaux (Mother)
- Sibling: Joel Desrouleaux
- Girlfriend: Jena Frumes
- Facebook: @jasonderulo
- Twitter: @jasonderulo
- Instagram: @jasonderulo
- TikTok: @jasonderulo
- YouTube: Jason Derulo Official
- He likes eating sushi.
- Derulo is of Haitian descent.
- He has medium brown hair and brown eyes.
- His biggest musical influences are Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, and Madonna.
- Thriller by Michael Jackson is the very first album Jason bought.
- He is an excellent dancer as he had been trained for hip hop, jazz, tap, and ballet.
- Jason was nominated at the 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards for Best New Act and Best Push Act.
- In 2011, he began dating American singer Jordin Sparks Thomas but broke up 3 years later.
- He got a neck injury during dance rehearsal and had to put his activities on hold for seven months in 2012.
- Derulo partnered with American Idol and Coca-Cola to produce a song titled Undefeated.
- In 2014, Jason became the Billboard magazine cover.
- Jason became the guest judge in the So You Think You Can Dance from 2014 to 2015.
- He appeared in the Lip Sync Battle in 2016 with Katherine McPhee.
- Forbes magazine appointed him for its 30 Under 30 – Music list in 2017.
- Derulo became the cover of the GQ Magazine Germany edition in 2018.
- He became the cover of Australian Men’s Health in 2019.
- The singer received a nomination for Worst Screen Combo from Golden Raspberry Awards in 2020.
- Jason left his record label, Warner Bros. Records, because of creative differences.
- He lit a controversy in 2020 because Jason didn’t attribute a sample to Jawsh 685, a New Zealand music producer.
Pics of Jason Derulo
1. He has a body-built appearance
2. Jason seems enjoying his vacation
3. Derulo poses with a giant white snake!
4. The singer’s side profile is amazing
5. He looks stunning with the yellow jacket!
Jason Derulo is a top singer around the world. He has made his way to gain fame and success.