Beyoncé is a globally-recognized American singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, and producer. She’s regarded as amongst her generation’s greatest entertainers due to her contribution in music and visual media field.
She rose to prominence as a member of Destiny’s Child, who’s one of the top-selling girl groups of all time. She made debut as a solo artists during the group’s hiatus in 2003 and released her well-received solo albums following their 2006 disbandment.
Throughout her career, she has released a number of chart-topping singles, cemented herself as one of best-selling recording artists, and earned numerous accolades.
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Husband, Boyfriend, & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Controversies
- 8 Facts
- 9 Movies
- 10 TV Series
- 11 TV Shows
- 12 Quotes
- 13 Pics of Beyoncé
- 14 FAQs
- 14.1 Who is Beyoncé?
- 14.2 Who is Beyoncé’s real name?
- 14.3 What makes Beyoncé famous?
- 14.4 Where is Beyoncé from?
- 14.5 How old is Beyoncé?
- 14.6 When Beyoncé celebrates her birthday?
- 14.7 How tall is Beyoncé?
- 14.8 Who are Beyoncé’s parents?
- 14.9 Is Beyoncé married?
- 14.10 Who is Beyoncé’s ex-boyfriend?
- 14.11 How rich is Beyoncé?
- 14.12 What is Beyoncé nationality?
Beyoncé’s performances started when she joined numerous dancing and singing competitions. Her fame rose as the lead singer in the 1990s girl group, Destiny’s Child.
Destiny’s Child earned Best R&B Performance from Grammy Award in 2001. Yet, the girl group took hiatus in the same year and she began her solo career.
Her debut solo recording was a feature on 03 Bonnie & Cylde, Jay-Z’s song. Then, in 2003, she released songs on her first solo album Dangerously in Love.
The album was sold 11 million copies around the world. At the 2004 Grammy Awards, her album got five awards, including Best Female R&B Vocal Performance and Best Contemporary R&B Album.
Beyoncé’s next albums such as I Am… Sasha Fierce, 4, Beyoncé, and Lemonade, always stayed on top of charts including Billboard and U.S.
Due to her accomplishment in the 2000s, she was awarded by the Recording Industry Association of America as Top Certified Artist of the Decade.
Furthermore, Billboard magazine also listed her as Top Female Artist of the Decade.
- Full name: Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter
- Stage name: Beyoncé
- Nickname: Queen B, Bey, Mother, Yoncé
- Birthday: September 4, 1981
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Methodist
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress, Producer
- Education: Alief Elsik High School
- Hobbies: Visiting museums, swimming, and watching TV
- Instagram: @beyonce
- YouTube: Beyoncé Official
- Facebook: @beyonce
- Twitter: @Beyonce
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 169 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 56 Kg (123 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 35-25-38 (Bust -35, Waist -25, and Hips -38 inches)
- Shoe Size: 8.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 8 (US)
- Father: Mathew Knowles
- Mother: Tina Knowles-Lawson
- Brother: –
- Sister: Solange Knowles, Bianca Lawson
- Children: Blue Ivy, Rumi Carter, Sir Carter
Husband, Boyfriend, & Dating History
She’s involved in a long-term relationship with Lyndall, who’s her first boyfriend and high-school sweetheart, for nine years.
The couple even reportedly had planned a beach wedding at one point. Unfortunately, the plan had to be scrapped due to his series of infidelity.
They eventually chose to part ways in 2003, as she’s too busy for their relationship due to preparing for her world tour.
Beyoncé was rumored to date Marques, one of Immature group co-founders who turned his career as a solo musician, in 2001 around the beginning of her career.
That being said, neither of them has ever addressed their relationship publicly.
As a member of Destiny’s Child, she worked with Mos Def, who’s a rapper, in the Carmen: A Hip Hopera (2001) that aired in MTV.
The film achieved success commercially and critically. Rumors had it that they were involved in a fling on the filming sets, even though the speculations were never confirmed.
Rumors that she had dated Sisqo, who’s an actor, started to surface as they co-hosted 2000 MTV VMA Awards and both of them showed incredible chemistry on-screen.
However, neither of them had ever adressed the rumors.
She collaborated with Seal, who’s a Grammy-winning reggae rapper, on Baby Boy (2023) which then fueled their dating rumors.
Similarly, no confirmation has ever came out from both sides.
Beyoncé was linked romantically to Justin as they worked together in music bands as lead singers. However, neither her nor Justin has ever spoke about their alleged relationship.
Pharell, who’s a fashion designer and music producer, was speculated to date her in around 2002. That being said, considering they had never confirmed it, it looks like their past relationship was strictly professional.
Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s connection started during their work collaboration, 03 Bonnie & Clyde (2003) that’s listed in his 7th album.
She starred in the song’s promotional music video as his love interest, sparking rumors about their relationship.
The couple married privately in April 2009 and kept most part of their marriage behind the curtain.
In 2010 or 2011, she experienced miscarriage, which she described as “the saddest thing” she’d ever endured. She became pregnant again in April 2011 in Pairs during their trip to shoot for her album cover.
The pair attended the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, in which she performed Love on Top. By the end of the performance, she made a massive surprise by revealing her pregnancy.
She gave birth to a baby daughter on January 2012 in NYC, who’s named Blue Ivy.
She revealed on her social media page on February 2017 that they were expecting twins. On July of the same year, she posted a picture of herself and baby twins, confirming that they were bornt a month before.
According to Forbes report, Beyoncé is estimated to have accumulated $500 million to $540 million of net worth.
A huge portion of her net worth comes from her massively successful career in the entertainment industry, which started as one of the Destiny’s Child’s member and then shifted into a solo performer.
Forbes also positioned her on 48th in their 2023 America’s Self-Made Women list.
As a singer, she has sold 200 million records around the world, which made her amongts the top-selling recording artists worldwide.
Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) awarded her success throughout the 2000s as the Top Certified Artist of the Decade. Billboard also named her as the Top Female Artist of the Decade.
Billboard named Beyoncé as the highest-earning musician of all time in 2014. She’s arguably the highest-earning touring black act throughout history.
In 2010, she established her solo perfume brand for the first time. Since then, she has been launching six fragrance brands that reportedly have earned $500 million in revenue.
Her fragrance brand is one of the most successful celebrity perfume brands of all time.
Condemned for Using Ableist Slur in Her Song Lyrics
Following the release of her album Renaissance (2022), she was criticized for using offensive lyrics against disabled people by disability rights activists.
In the song titled Heated, there’s a line that says “Spazzin’ on that ass, spazz on that ass,” which allegedly derived from the slang term “spastic.”
She eventually changed the lyrics, but her representation team stated that it was “not used intentionally in a harmful way.”
- Beyoncé’s trademarks are stiletto heels, bodysuits, and heavy earrings.
- She is a huge fan of Middle Eastern dance and music.
- Wyclef Jean is Beyoncé’s favorite rapper.
- Her major influence is Michael Jackson.
- The Crazy in Love singer is the oldest daughter.
- Pink and gold are her favorite color.
- The Already star’s go-to perfume is Emporio Armani Diamonds Intense.
- Kelly Rowland is her best friend since they were children.
- Beyoncé’s wax figures can be seen at Madame Tussauds Wax in big cities in the world such as Hollywood, Sydney, and Amsterdam.
- She has a charity foundation named BeyGOOD.
- When the singer was younger, she was a tomboy and didn’t like wearing a dress.
- In 2004, Beyoncé won Brit Awards for Best International Female Solo Artist.
- In 2006 The singer launched a clothing line named House of Deréon with her mother and discontinued it in 2012.
- In the same year, Beyoncé was criticized by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, an animal rights organization, because she wore fur in her clothing line.
- She also founded a management and entertainment company named Parkwood Entertainment in 2010.
- In 2013, VH1 ranked her on #1 as the Sexiest Artist.
- With her husband, she joined a 22-day vegan challenge and remains a vegan ever since.
- Due to her pregnancy, the Single Ladies star had to cancel her performance at the 2017 Coachella.
- Galia Lahav designed her white gown for the renewal vow with Jay Z in 2018. The dress cost 12,000 USD.
- Disney pointed her as the voice of Nala in The Lion King in 2019.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, Queen B donated 1 million USD to businesses owned by black people.
- Her ideal type is…
- Black Is King (2020), as herself
- The Lion King (2019), as Nala (voice)
- Homecoming (2019), as herself
- Lemonade (2016), as herself
- Yours And Mine (2014), as herself
- Epic (2013), as Queen Tara
- Obsessed (2009), as Sharon Charles
- Cadillac Records (2008), as Etta James
- Dreamgirls (2006), as Deena Jones
- The Pink Panther (2006), as Xania
- Fade to Black (2004), as herself
- The Fighting Temptations (2003), as Lilly
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002), as Foxxy Cleopatra
- Carmen: A Hip Hopera (2001), as Carmen Brown
- Beverly Hood (1999), as Girl #1
- Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!: Wubb Idol (Nickelodeon ⏐ 2009), as Shine (voice)
- Beyoncé Presents: Making the Gift (ABC ⏐ 2019), as herself
- Being Serena (HBO ⏐ 2018), as herself
- Lip Sync Battle (Paramount Network ⏐ 2016), as herself
- The BET Life of…Beyonce (BET ⏐ 2015), as herself
- Beyoncé: Fierce and Fabulous (Apple TV ⏐ 2014), as herself
- On the Run Tour: Beyoncé and Jay-Z (HBO ⏐ 2014), as herself
- Beyoncé: Finding Her Destiny (YouTube ⏐ 2013), as herself
- Life Is But a Dream (HBO ⏐ 2013), as herself
- A Night with Beyoncé (ITV ⏐ 2011), as herself
- The X Factor (Australia) (Seven Network ⏐ 2011), as herself (as guest judge)
- Beyoncé: Year of 4 (YouTube ⏐ 2011), as herself
- American Idol (FOX ⏐ 2011), as herself (mentor)
- Beyoncé: Shine – An Unauthorized Story On Beyoncé Knowles (YouTube ⏐ 2010), as herself
- Britain’s Next Top Model, Cycle 6 (Sky Living ⏐ 2010), as herself
- The X Factor (UK) (ITV ⏐ 2008), as herself
- My Night at the Grammys (CBS ⏐ 2007), as herself
- All of Us (The CW ⏐ 2003), as herself
- The Wayne Brady Show (ABC ⏐ 2003), as herself
- I Love the ’80s (VH1 ⏐ 2002), as herself
- The Famous Jett Jackson (Disney Channel ⏐ 2000), as herself
- Pacific Blue (USA Network ⏐ 1999), as herself
- Smart Guy (The WB ⏐ 1998), as herself
“Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.”
“When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think.”
“I grew up upper-class. Private school. My dad had a Jaguar. We’re African-American, and we work together as a family, so people assume we’re like the Jacksons. But I didn’t have parents using me to get out of a bad situation.”
“I grew up in a very nice house in Houston, went to private school all my life and I’ve never even been to the ‘hood. Not that there’s anything wrong with the ‘hood.”
“If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.”
“I get nervous when I don’t get nervous. If I’m nervous I know I’m going to have a good show.”
“I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.”
“I think it’s healthy for a person to be nervous. It means you care – that you work hard and want to give a great performance. You just have to channel that nervous energy into the show.”
“I’m a human being and I fall in love and sometimes I don’t have control of every situation.”
“I’m over being a pop star. I don’t wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic. And I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot. I feel like I’m highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. And I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough.”
“The more successful I become, the more I need a man.”
“I can never be safe; I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am.”
Pics of Beyoncé
1. The Queen with bright color overall? We’re in!
2. This look is also wonderful, right?
3. Beyoncé’s beauty has no limit, especially with this red dress!
4. Her candid photo is gorgeous
5. You’ve seen bright purple and red, what about this golden one?
Who is Beyoncé?
She is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, and producer.
Who is Beyoncé’s real name?
Her real name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter.
What makes Beyoncé famous?
She’s famous as a member of Destiny’s Child, who’s one of the top-selling girl groups of all time and also as a massively successful solo artist after the group disbanded.
Where is Beyoncé from?
She was born in Houston, Texas, United States.
How old is Beyoncé?
She was born in 1981, and she is 42 years old as of 2023.
When Beyoncé celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 4th of every September.
How tall is Beyoncé?
Her height is 5’7″ or 169 cm.
Who are Beyoncé’s parents?
Her father’s name is Mathew Knowles and her mother’s name is Tina Knowles-Lawson.
Is Beyoncé married?
Yes, she is married to Jay-Z. They tied the knot in 2009.
Who is Beyoncé’s ex-boyfriend?
Her ex-boyfriend is Lyndall Locke. She’s also used to be rumored to date Marques Houston, Mos Def, Sisqo, Seal Paul, Justin Timberlake, and Pharell Williams.
How rich is Beyoncé?
Her net worth is around $500 million to $540 million.
What is Beyoncé nationality?
Her nationality is American.
Beyoncé’s musical talent is amazing and extraordinary! No wonder many well-known artists such as Adele and Katy Perry are influenced by her.