Jeff Bezos Quotes – Jeff Bezos has changed our shopping habit forever. A man who graduated from Princenton University with summa-cumlaude tittle, started Amazon from his small garage.
He saw an opportunity on internet usage and started to sell stuff online.
At that time, Amazon.com who only sell the book from the first time and now become the largest retailer on the world wide web.
Now, Amazon’s revenue raised three times from US$ 75 billion last year to US $ 108.5 billion for three months to the end of March 2021. But all those good things are not happened overnight.
When starting Amazon, Bezos has been underestimated because selling things online was unpopular yet in that time. But now, Amazon.com is an example in online business platform.
His customer oriented value brings Amazon.com to this level. Bezos also believe that details are everything.
Want to know more about Bezos mindset in life and shaping business? Here you go 50 Jeff Bezos quotes that will make you rethinking about what you’ve done with your business.
Read also: 60 Beauty Quotes That Make You Love Yourself
Jeff Bezos Quotes, Your Mindset Will Change Forever
1. “The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’.”
2. “If you’re competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.”
3. “If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is powerful.”
4. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
5. “We’ve had three big ideas at Amazon that we’ve stuck with for 18 years, and they’re the reason we’re successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient.”
6. “There’ll always be serendipity involved in discovery.”
7. “We expect all our businesses to have a positive impact on our top and bottom lines. Profitability is very important to us or we wouldn’t be in this business.”
8. “If you never want to be criticized, for goodness’ sake don’t do anything new.”
9. “Position yourself with something that captures your curiosity, something that you’re missionary about.”
10. “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.”
11.”If you can’t tolerate critics, don’t do anything new or interesting.”
12.”It’s not an experiment if you know it’s going to work.”
13. “Position yourself with something that captures your curiosity, something that you’re missionary about.”
14. “There are two kinds of companies, those that work to try to charge more and those that work to charge less. We will be the second.”
15. “Cleverness is a gift, kindness is a choice.”
16. “The best customer service is if the customer doesn’t need to call you, doesn’t need to talk to you. It just works.”
17. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passion; your passion chooses you.”
18. “If you don’t understand the details of your business you are going to fail.”
19. “To me true innovation is something that’s not only an invention, but an improvement.”
20. “That blank sheet of paper stage is one of the hardest stages, and one of the reasons it’s hard is because at that stage there’s nobody counting on you but yourself.”
21. “Work hard, have fun, make history.”
22. “I like treating things as if they’re small, you know Amazon even though it is a large company, I want it to have the heart and spirit of a small one.”
23. “Wake up petrified and afraid every morning. I know we can lose it all. It’s not a fear. It’s a fact.”
24. “In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it. In the new world, that inverts.”
25. “If your brand is based exclusively on price, you’re in a fragile position, but if your brand is about great prices and great service and great selection, that is a much better position.”
26. “If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on experiments too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against the wall and you won’t see a different solution to a problem you’re trying to solve.”
27. “When I wake up every morning, during my shower time, what I’m thinking about is new things that we can do.”
28. “I don’t want to use my creative energy on somebody else’s user interface.”
29. “Live your life, use your life. These are things that she really, really believes.”
30. “The thing that motivates me is a very common form of motivation. And that is, with other folks counting on me, it’s so easy to be motivated.”
31. “People who are right most of the time are people who change their minds often.”
32. “The keys to success are patience, persistence, and obsessive attention to detail.”
33. “Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.”
34. “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.”
35. “If you double the number of experiments you do per year you’re going to double your inventiveness.”
36. “It’s always day one. There’s always more invention in the future. There’s always more customer innovation. New ways to obsess over customers.”
37. “Obsess about customers, not competitors.”
38. “There are two ways to extend a business. Take inventory of what you’re good at and extend out from your skills. Or determine what your customers need and work backward, even if it requires learning new skills.”
39. “It’s hard to find things that won’t sell online.”
40. “Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.”
41. “We can’t do ordinary things in ordinary way.”
42. “One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.”
43. “We don’t want to do a me-too product.”
44. “Sometimes, people think about business as kind of like a sporting event – there is a winner and a loser. It usually isn’t.”
45. “I would never regret having tried and failed.”
46. “Copying somebody else’s strategy does not work on the Internet. You need to have a twist.””
47. “In the end, we are our choices. Build yourself a great story.”
48. “We can’t be in survival mode. We have to be in growth mode.”
49. “A company shouldn’t get addicted to being shiny, because shiny doesn’t last.”
50. “Stress primarily comes from not taking action over something that you can have some control over. Stress comes from ignoring things that you shouldn’t be ignoring.”
After reading all of Jeff Bezos quotes, are you inspired?