Jung So Min is a Korean actress. She became famous after starring in the series Playful Kiss (2010), which had gotten her fans as well as awards.
Jung So Min began her journey in the entertainment industry in 2010. She made her debut in the TV series Bad Guy.
She immediately gained some recognition for her performance. This successful debut opened up more opportunities.
This actress was then selected for a role in 2010 TV series Playful Kiss. The series was not really a hit in South Korea, but it managed to get decent following across Asia.
So Min also won the Best New Actress for TV award at the Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards.
Over the next few years, the woman from Seoul continued to star in many more TV series. Some of her works can be found in Can We Get Married (2012), Big Man (2014), and D-Day (2015).
In 2016, she got the main role in the TV series The Sound of Your Heart. The series was a hit in South Korea and also in China. It helped So Min gain even bigger popularity across Asia.
- Real Name: Kim Yoon Ji (김윤지)
- Stage Name: Jung So Min (정소민)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: March 16, 1989
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Nationality: Korean
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Korea National University of Arts
- Hobbies: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @somin_jj
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Weibo: @jungsomin0316
Height, Weight & Physical Appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5”)
- Weight: 47 kg (104lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Brown
- Body measurements: –
- Shoe size: –
- Dress Size: –
- Father: –
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Boyfriend & Dating History
So Min and fellow actor Lee Joon dated for 3 years before finally calling it off. It was reported that they still remain friends and will continue to support each other.
So Min has an estimated net worth of $5 million. She mainly earns from her career as an actress.
There has been no confirmation that So Min did any surgery.
- So Min spent her childhood in Seoul.
- She came from a wealthy family.
- She has one younger brother.
- This actress has monoloid type of eyes.
- She used to do ballet from elementary through middle school.
- Her parents were not really supportive of her learning ballet.
- In high school, she switched to learn Korean dance.
- Her parents didn’t want her to pursue a career in entertainment industry.
- Her father especially wanted her to focus more on her study.
- She needs around 9 years to convince her parents to let her be an actress.
- She would like to try sleeping all day, which she can’t do because of her busy schedule.
- So Min had a short hiatus in 2011 to focus on her study.
- She is signed under Blossom Entertainment since 2017.
- She was involved in the 2017 Because This Is My First Life soundtrack with a song Because You’re Here.
- In 2018, the woman from Seoul was also in The Smile Has Left Your Eyes soundtrack with the sing Star.
- When dating, she’s the type that will try to solve problems through conversation.
- She wants to get married once she’s sure able to take responsibility for someone else.
- The character from Because This Is My First Life that’s closest to her ideal type is Ma Sang Goo.
- She was in a relationship with Lee Joon from 2017 until 2020.
- Her ideal type is a man with dark skin and small eyes.
- She has mentioned that her type is someone like Gong Yoo.
- Project Wolf Hunting (2022), as Da-Yeon
- Homme Fatale (2019), as Hae-Won
- Golden Slumber (2018), as Yoo-Mi (cameo)
- Daddy You, Daughter Me (2017), as Won Do-Yeon
- Alice: Boy from Wonderland (2015), as Hye-Joong
- Twenty (2015), as So-Min
- Alchemy of Souls: Light and Shadow (tvN | 2022), as Mu-Deok
- Alchemy of Souls (tvN | 2022), as Mu-Deok
- Monthly Magazine Home (JTBC | 2021), as Na Young-Won
- My Roommate Is A Gumiho (tvN | 2021), as Shin Woo-Yeo’s past love (ep.6-7)
- Soul Mechanic (KBS2 | 2020), as Han Woo-Joo
- Be Melodramatic (JTBC | 2019), as Seon-Ju (ep.16)
- Abyss (tvN | 2019), as alien (ep.1)
- What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim (tvN | 2018), as Mi-So’s mother (ep.10)
- Hundred Million Stars From the Sky (tvN | 2018), as Yoo Jin-Kang
- Because This Is My First Life (tvN | 2017), as Yoon Ji-Ho
- My Father is Strange (KBS2 | 2017), as Byun Mi-Young
- The Sound of Your Heart (KBS2-Naver TV-Netflix | 2016-2017), as Choi Ae-Bong
- D-Day (JTBC | 2015), as Jung Ddol-Mi
- Big Man (KBS2 | 2014), as Kang Jin-Ah
- Miss Korea (MBC | 2013-2014), as gas station attendant (ep.20)
- Can We Get Married? (JTBC | 2012-2013), as Hye-Yoon
- Standby (MBC / 2012), as Jung So-Min
- Mischievous Kiss (MBC | 2010), as Oh Ha-Ni
- Bad Guy (SBS | 2010), as Hong Mo-Ne
- The Red Teacher (KBS2 / 2016), as Jang Soon-Duk
- Came to Me and Became a Star (KBS2 / 2013), as Ha-Jin
“The first thing that comes to mind is family, too.”
I don’t have a specific goal in front of me as an actor, but I don’t want to stay in the same place. I want to keep trying new things and growing step by step.
“I really felt the need to break away after I reached my 30s. I felt, ‘I should have tried it. Should I try now at least? Since my sibling who’s three years younger than me already did so, I couldn’t also do it. Even if I have a rebellious spirit in my heart, I tend not to put it into action. However, these days, those feelings are being ignited a little. I have a lot of thoughts.”
Pics of Jung So Min
1. So Min looks cool in suit
2. Red really compliments her skin color
3. She always looks so classy
4. Love the bright outfit
5. So Min has face of an angel
Jung So Min has proven her talent in the acting industry. With her massive talent, no wonder she has reached this level of success.