Kim Hyun Joo is a Korean actress. She became famous after appearing in Glass Slippers in 2002. Some of her most notable works are Star Runner (2003), Toji, The Land (2004), and Marrying a Millionaire (2005).
Kim Hyun Joo started out as a magazine model while still on her third year of high school. She then went into acting in 1997, starring in the TV series The Reason I Live.
Despite having little experience, she was immediately casted as the lead for the film If it Snows on Christmas (1998) and Calla (1999).
In the next few years, this actress continued to build her career in the entertainment industry. She launched into stardom after appearing in 2002 TV series Glass Slippers.
The series was a hit, earning high ratings throughout its runtime. It was also quite popular in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Vietnam.
With her newfound popularity, Hyun Joo was casted in many more films and series.
Her other notable works are Star Runner (2003), Toji, The Land (2004), and Marrying a Millionaire (2005).
Despite having quite a successful career, this Taurus woman wasn’t happy for being typecast as gentle and innocent character.
She also has some personal problems throughout the latter year of 2000s.
In 2011, Hyun Joo found her mojo back with the series Twinkle Twinkle. Her performance was highly praised by the public. It also got her the Top Excellence Award from MBC Drama Awards.
Afterwards, the woman from Goyang continued her amazing run as a top actress.
She starred as Lady Jo, the legendary femme fatales from Joseon Dynasty, in Blooded Palace: The War of Flowers (2013).
She also got major roles in What Happens to My Family? (2014), I Have a Lover (2015), and The Miracle We Met (2018).
- Real Name: Kim Hyun Joo (김현주)
- Stage Name: Kim Hyun Joo
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: April 24, 1977
- Birthplace: Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: Korean
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Dankook University (Theater and Film)
- Hobbies: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @khj_dang
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
Height, Weight & Physical Appearance
- Height: 168 cm (5’6″)
- Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Brown
- Body measurements: 37-25-35 inches
- Shoe size: –
- Dress Size: –
- Father: Kim Tae Beom
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Boyfriend & Dating History
So Ji Sub
Kim Hyun Joo and fellow actor So Ji Sub dated in 2002. They both starred in Glass of Shoes and fell in love on set.
It is unknown when they started dating and why they broke up.
Hyun Joo has an estimated net worth of $5 million. She mainly earns from her career as an actress.
Hyun Joo herself has confirmed that she is “satisfied with her current face”. Therefore, she has not done any surgery.
- Hyun Joo is signed under YNK Entertainment.
- She grew up in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province.
- She lost her father due to illness in July 2010.
- This actress also lost two friends in 2010 due to suicide.
- She was in the Kim Hyun Chul music video for One’s Lifetime.
- She has releases a book in 2009 titled Hyun-joo’s Handcrafted Story.
- The woman from Goyang has worked as a host on various shows.
- She is the goodwill ambassador of Good Neighbors.
- She spent 2010 doing volunteer works in Philippines and Bangladesh.
- Hyun Joo has donated money to build libraries in 11 orphanages in Dhaka.
- Her ideal type is someone taller than 180 cm, but now it doesn’t matter. She just wish she had someone who saw her without greed and could just be happy with who she is right now.
- Jung-E (2022), as Jung-E
- If You Were Me 5 (2011), as Jeong Hee Jo
- Shin Suk-ki blues (2004), as Seo Jin Yeong
- Star Runner (2003), as Mei Chung
- Calla (1999), as Soojin
- If It Snows on Christmas (1998), as Lee Song Hi
- The Bequeathed (Netflix | 2023), as Yoon Seo Ha
- Trolley (SBS | 2022-2023), as Kim Hye Ju
- Love All Play (KBS2 | 2022), as CEO (ep.1)
- Hellbound (Netflix | 2021), as Min Hey Jin
- Undercover (JTBC | 2021), as Choi Yeon Soo
- Watcher (OCN | 2019), as Han Tae Joo
- The Miracle We Met (KBS2 | 2018), as Sun Hye Jin
- Fantastic (JTBC | 2016), as Lee So Hye
- Identical Affairs (SBS | 2015-2016), as Do Hae Gang | Dokgo Yong Gi
- What Happens to My Family? (KBS2 | 2014-2015), as Cha Gang Sim
- Can We Fall in Love, Again? (JTBC | 2014), as top star (cameo)
- Blooded Palace:The War of Flowers (JTBC | 2013), as Royal Concubine Jo So Yong / Yam Jun
- Foolish Mom (SBS | 2012), as Kim Young Joo
- Twinkle Twinkle (MBC | 2011), as Han Jung Won
- The Partner (KBS2 | 2009), as Kang EunHo
- Boys Over Flowers (KBS2| 2009), as Ku Jun Hee
- Pretty Insun (KBS2 | 2007), as Park In Soon
- Marrying a Millionaire (SBS | 2005-2006), as Han Eun Young
- The Land (SBS | 2004-2005)
- Ms. Kim’s Million Dollar Quest (SBS | 2004)
- Glass Slippers (SBS | 2002)
- That Woman’s House (MBC | 2001)
- Sangdo (MBC | 2001-2002), as Park Da Nyung
- 8 Love Stories (SBS | 1999-2000), as Seo Young
- Into the Sunlight (MBC | 1999), as Lee Yun Hee
- I Love You!, I Love You! (SBS | 1998), as Lee Joo Hee
- I Only Know Love (MBC | 1998), as Baek Young Gu
- Ready, Go! (MBC | 1997), as
- The Reason For My Living (MBC | 1997), as Choon Shim
- The Royal Road (KBS1 | 1991), as Young Court lady
“Now that we have plenty of streaming platform options, actors are given a wider array of roles and filmmakers are experimenting with a variety of genres.”
“Some people may say, ‘Well, I don’t like this kind of movie.’ I fully understand their point of view. It’d be best if I can star in a movie that everyone loves, but we all know that’s nearly impossible.”
Pics of Kim Hyun Joo
1. Hyun Joo is killing it in the photoshoot
2. She looks like such a boss
3. The glasses really perfected the whole look
4. She has such a beautiful face
5. Hyun Joo can pull off any outfit
Kim Hyun Joo has shown her quality as one of South Korean top actress again and again. She has been in the industry for quite a while and hasn’t seemed to be slowing down yet.