Laura Marano started her journey in the entertainment industry in 2003, by appearing in a CBS series, Without a Trace, and becoming a voice dubber in Finding Nemo.
That debut then was followed by her minor appearances in various television series, such as Joan of Arcadia (2004), Medical Investigation (2005), Ghost Whisperer (2006), and Dexter (2006).
In 2007, this Sagittarius actress became a mentor for a Fox game show, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?
After that, she then appeared again in more series entitled Gary Unmarried (2008), Little Monk (2009), and Childrens Hospital (2010).
Her career breakthrough began when she starred in Austin & Ally starting from 2011 as Ally Dawson, which later rewarded her many nominations and an award.
In 2017, Laura got another popularity by joining Lady Bird as a cast, which also gave her various nominations for her role.
Two years later, in 2019, she starred a romantic comedy movie, The Perfect Date, alongside Noah Centineo.
After that, she then starred in more movies, such as A Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish (2019) and The Royal Treatment (2022).
- Real Name: Laura Marie Marano
- Stage Name: Laura Marano
- Nickname: Laura
- Birthday: November 29, 1995
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Height: 157 cm (5’2″)
- Weight: 51 kg (113 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Singer
- Education: University of Southern California (Majored in Philosophy, Politics and Law)
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: Damiano Marano (father), Ellen Marano (sister)
- Siblings: Vanessa Marano (sister)
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: Laura Marano Official
- Twitter: @lauramarano
- Instagram: @lauramarano
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: Laura Marano Official
- In her family, she is the youngest daughter.
- Her father works as a college professor.
- Laura has an Italian descent from her father.
- Her mother was a former actress Ellen Marano.
- Her mother owns the Agoura Children’s Theatre.
- She was already interested in acting when she was just 5 years old.
- Laura said that when she booked a full-time job for Austin & Ally, her friends became so supportive.
- She once encouraged children to raise money on Halloween in order to help children around the world in 2013.
- In 2019, Laura once participated in a fashion show for Childhelp.
- Her ideal type is…
- The Royal Treatment (2022), as Isabella
- The War with Grandpa (2020), as Mia Decker
- The Night House (2020), as relative
- A Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish (2019), as Kat Decker
- Saving Zoë (2019), as Echo
- The Perfect Date (2019), as Celia Lieberman
- Lady Bird (2017), as Diana Greenway
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip (2015), as hotel babysitter
- A Sort of Homecoming (2015), as young Amy
- Superbad (2007), as young Becca
- Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), as additional voices
- The Jacket (2005), as young Jackie
- Finding Nemo (2003), as additional voices
- Mère et Fille, California Dream (Disney Channel France | 2018), as herself
- Bad Hair Day (Disney Channel | 2015), as Monica Reeves
- Robot Chicken (Adult Show | 2020), as Evie, Linda, Titanic Waitress
- Day by Day (2020), as Ellie
- Super Simple Love Story (2019), as Nellie
- Girl Meets World (Disney Channel | 2015), as Ally Dawson
- Pickle and Peanut (Disney XD | 2015), as Veronica
- Liv and Maddie (Disney Channel | 2014), as Fangs
- Fish Hooks (Disney Channel | 2014), as Girl Hamster #2
- Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (Disney XD | 2014), as Rachel
- Austin & Ally (Disney Channel | 2011-2016), as Ally Dawson
- Childrens Hospital (The WB | 2010), as Haley
- FlashForward (ABC | 2010), as young Tracy
- True Jackson, VP (Nickelodeon | 2010), as Molly
- Little Monk (USA Network | 2009), as cousin Lauren
- Heroes (NBC | 2009), as young Alice Show
- Gary Unmarried (CBS | 2008), as Louise Brooks
- Ni Hao, Kai-Lan (Nickelodeon | 2008), as Mei Mei
- The Sarah Silverman Program (Comedy Central | 2007-2010), as Heather Silverman / Young Sarah Silverman
- Back to You (Fox | 2007-2008), as Gracie Carr
- Dexter (Showtime | 2006), as young Debra
- Huff (Showtime | 2006), as Amelia
- Ghost Whisperer (CBS | 2006), as Audrey
- The X’s (Nickelodeon | 2005-2006), as Scout Y
- Medical Investigation (NBC | 2005), as Brooke Beck
- Joan of Arcadia (CBS | 2004), as Emily
- Without a Trace (CBS | 2003-2006), as Kate Malone
- Worst Kind of Hurt (2022) – with Wrabel
- Dance with You (2021) – with Grey
- I Wanna Know What It’s Like (2021)
- Something to Believe In (2021)
- Can’t Help Myself (2020)
- Honest with You (2020)
- Can’t Hold On Forever (2020)
- When You Wake Up (2020)
- Me and the Mistletoe (2019) – ft. Kurt Hugo Schneider
- Everybody Loves Christmas (2019)
- Lie To Me (2019)
- A Little Closer (2019)
- Not Like Me (2019)
- F.E.O.U. (2019)
- Let Me Cry (2019)
- Me (2018)
- La La (2016)
- Boombox (2016)
- Nickelodeon’s Unfiltered (Nickelodeon | 2022), as herself
- Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? (Fox | 2007), as judge and mentor
- Teen Choice Awards 2019 – Choice Comedy Movie Actress – The Perfect Date
- Remi Awards 2015 – Rising Actress – A Sort of Homecoming
- Kids’ Choice Awards 2015 – Favorite TV Actress – Austin & Ally
- Georgia Film Critics Association 2018 – Best Ensemble – Lady Bird
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards 2018 – Best Acting Ensemble – Lady Bird
- San Diego Film Critics Society 2017 – Best Cast – Lady Bird
- Streamy Awards 2016 – Original Song – Boombox
- Teen Choice Awards 2016 – Choice TV Actress: Comedy – Austin & Ally
- Kids’ Choice Awards 2016 – Favorite Female TV Star – Austin & Ally
- Teen Choice Awards 2015 – Choice Summer TV Star: Female – Austin & Ally
- Teen Choice Awards 2014 – Choice TV Actress: Comedy – Austin & Ally
Laura Marano is such a big inspiration. She is genuine, humble, and has a kind heart. What an amazing role model, isn’t she?