Lee Min Young started her career as a child actress when she was only four years of age. Around that time, she frequently showed up in drama series, doing minor roles.
As she grew up, she was known to be an actress with quite an experience. However, she had to take a five-year break from her career due to the domestic violence her ex-husband did to her.
She married her ex-husband as well as her co-star in the drama series Precious Family (2004), Lee Chan. They got married in December 2006 and divorced twelve days later.
Following her break from acting, Min Young got back to acting in the drama series Kimchi Family (2011). It was a new beginning for her after being away for quite a while.
In 2014, she managed to deliver a spectacular performance in the drama series You’re Only Mine, followed by the drama series You Will Love Me which was released a year later.
Besides acting in drama series, she also spread her scope to movies. She had starred in several movies such as Ode To My Father (2014), Family Portrait (2012), and many others.
- Real Name: Lee Min Young (이민영)
- Stage Name: Lee Min Young (이민영)
- Also Known as: Lee Min Yeong
- Nickname: Min Young (민영)
- Birthday: February 6, 1976
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 165 cm (5’4”)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: B
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Dongguk University College of Education Affiliated Girls’ High School, Dankook University (Drama and Cinema), Kyung Bok Elementary School, Dongguk University Busok Girls Middle School
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: –
- Sibling: Lee Jeong Seok (Brother)
- Husband: Lee Chan (Married 2006)
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Min Young once had to take a five-year break from the entertainment industry because of injuries.
- Her ex-husband, Lee Chan, is a film actor.
- She divorced her ex-husband twelve days into marriage.
- Her ex-husband was abusive toward her.
- She claimed she had a miscarriage and suffered from a nose fracture because of her ex-husband’s violent conduct.
- Min Young ventured into acting when she was only four years old.
- Her ex-husband was sentenced to one year in prison and suspended for two years.
- She is good at singing.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around…
- The Girl in a Tiny Room (2021), as Hae Young
- Wretches (2018), as a supporting character
- Ode To My Father (2014), as a supporting character
- Family Portrait (2012), as Soo Kyung
- This Pain of the Woman (1980), as a supporting character
- The Wooden Horse That Went to Sea (1980), as a supporting character
- Becoming Witch (TV Chosun | 2022), as Chae Hee Soo
- Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) Season 3 (TV Chosun | 2022), as Song Won
- Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) Season 2 (TV Chosun | 2021), as Song Won
- Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) (TV Chosun | 2021), as Song Won
- L.U.C.A.: The Beginning (tvN | 2021), as a supporting character
- Doctor Prisoner (KBS2 | 2019), as Bok Hye Soo
- Hotel Del Luna (tvN | 2019), as a supporting character
- Your House Helper (KBS2 | 2018), as Ahn Jin Hong
- Strongest Deliveryman (KBS2 | 2017), as Soon Ae
- Drama Special Season 7: The Red Teacher (KBS2 | 2016), as a supporting character
- The Love is Coming (SBS | 2016), as Na Seon Yeong
- You Will Love Me (DramaX | 2015), as a supporting character
- You’re Only Mine (SBS | 2014), as Go Eun Jung
- Kimchi Family (JTBC | 2011), as Lee Woo Joo
- Love and Ambition (SBS | 2006), as Eun Hwa
- Land (SBS | 2004), as a supporting character
- Precious Family (KBS2 | 2004), as Woo Mi Yeon
- Lovers (SBS | 2003), as Oh Su Hui
- Zoo People (SBS | 2002), as Yang Min Young
- Kitchen Maid (MBC | 2002), as Kim Soon Yeong
- Like a Flowing River (SBS | 2002), as Park Dong Hee
- The Rules of Marriage (MBC | 2001), as Song Kong Joo
- The Flower Garden (SBS | 2001), as Han Ki Joon
- Like Father, Unlike Son (KBS2 | 2001), as Gu Mi Sook
- More Than Words Can Say (KBS | 2000), as Jang Mi Joo
- Encounter (KBS1 | 1999), as Song Ye Won
- You’re One-of-a-Kind (MBC | 1999), as Lee Eun Seon
- Young Sun (SBS | 1999), as Seo Han Byul
- Run Barefoot (MBC | 1998), as Kang Hyun Ji
- Myth of a Hero (MBC | 1997), as Choi Ha Rim
- The Reason I Live (MBC | 1997), as Lee Jung Hee
- Medical Brothers (MBC | 1997), as Seo Yoon Kyung
- Ppo Ppo Ppo (Kiss Kiss Kiss) (MBC | 1997), as a supporting character
- The Reason We Don’t Get Divorced (MBC | 1996), as Kim So Young
- Sibling Relations (MBC | 1996), as Park So Baek
- The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World (MBC | 1996), as Jung Yeon Soo
- Three Guys and Three Girls (MBC | 1996), as a supporting character
- Woman (MBC | 1995), as Seo Geum Soon
- Adolescence (MBC | 1995), as Jae In
- Partner (MBC | 1995), as Song Hyeon Joo
- 500 Years of Joseon: Tree with Deep Roots (MBC | 1983), as Princess Jeong So
- Linger (MBC | 1982), as a supporting character
- Tiger Teacher (MBC | 1982), as a supporting character
- Nari House (MBC | 1981), as a supporting character
- Convenience Store Restaurant (KBS2 | 2019), as a guest
- Heo Young Man’s Food Travel (TV Chosun | 2019), as a guest
- Problem Child in House (KBS2 | 2018), as a guest
- Single Lady (MBC | 2014), as a guest
- Popcorn and Nachos (SBS | 2012), as the host
- 1996 MBC Drama Awards – Best New Actress – Lee Min Young
- 2014 SBS Drama Awards – Excellence Award (Actress in a Serial Drama) – You’re Only Mine
Lee Min Young is a veteran South Korean actress with a long list of good resumes. She has been consistent with and passionate about her career up until this very day.