Meryl Streep’s career started with musicals and plays. She had done that in her university and continued to pursue a career in Broadway.
There, her play debut was titled Trelawny of the ‘Wells in 1975. However, Streep began auditioning for movie roles and took a small role on Julia in 1977.
She continued that path and appeared in some movies, like The Deer Hunter and The Seduction of Joe Tynan, and miniseries titled Holocaust.
She received her first major award, Emmy, for her acting in the miniseries.
Then, Streep earned the 1980 Golden Globe Award and Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Kramer vs. Kramer.
This award-winning actress carried on her stardom to the 2000s until the 2010s. She performed in many superb movies such as The Devil Wears Prada and Mamma Mia!
She won as the Best Actress in the 2012 Academy Award for The Iron Lady when she portrayed Margaret Thatcher, the first female British Prime Minister.
Her roles in Hollywood are unbeatable. The Golden Globe Awards honored her Cecil B. DeMille Award.
This title means that Meryl has given an outstanding contribution to the entertainment industry.
Read more: Beyoncé – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Full name: Mary Louise Streep
- Stage name: Meryl Streep
- Nickname: Meryl, Kathy, Patty
- Born: June 22, 1949, in New Jersey, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Yale University
- Hobbies: Knitting
- Parents: Harry William Streep, Jr. (Father) and Mary Wolf Wilkinson (Mother)
- Sibling: Dana Streep, Harry Streep III
- Husband: Don Gummer
- Instagram: –
- Twitter: –
- Meryl always goes deep down for a role. Her perfectionist personality is known in the film industry.
- She often plays real-life characters like Margaret Thatcher, Karen Blixen, and Julia Child.
- She is afraid of helicopters!
- She has suffered from a deviated septum.
- Meryl has donated millions for many campaigns including women’s rights, education, environment, and healthcare.
- Some of her close friends are Cher, Tracey Ullman, and Reese Witherspoon.
- Before gaining fame in Hollywood, she worked as a waitress in a hotel in New Jersey.
- When she was in high school, she was a homecoming queen and cheerleader!
- Her cumlaude graduate from Vassar College, New York in 1971.
- She continued her education to a master’s degree at Yale University.
- Meryl studied fine arts in her master’s and graduated in 1975.
- In 1977, John Willis Screen World listed her as one of the promising new actors. Well, she is an all-time legend!
- When the 1979 Oscar host announced her winning for Kramer vs Kramer, Meryl was in the toilet.
- In 2005, Meryl was ranked #46 on Premiere magazine as the Greatest Movie Stars of All Time.
- Her role in The Devil Wears Prada is a reflection of Anne Wintour. Then, in 2017, she portrayed Katharine Graham, Wintour’s friend, in The Post.
- In the 2017 Golden Globe Awards, she criticized Donald Trump in her speech.
- During the coronavirus outbreak, Meryl Streep and other celebs including Lupita Nyong’o and Cate Blanchett raised money for Partners in Health by holding Waititi’s Celeb Reading.
- Her net worth is around $160 Million.
Pics of Meryl Streep
1. Her beauty doesn’t age!
2. She wears her iconic glasses
3. Meryl’s smile looks so genuine, isn’t it?
4. Which one do you like? Medium or short hair?
5. A red dress on Meryl Streep looks stunning.
Meryl Streep is a legend in the Hollywood filming industry. Her works are brilliant and award-worthy.