Jennifer Lopez started popping up in the entertainment industry as a dancer on In Living Color and for Janet Jackson.
Then, she decided to pursue an acting career and played the first main role in 1997 for Selena.
Here, she was popular as the first Latin actress that got paid more than 1 million USD. Next, J.Lo starred in Anaconda in 1997 and Out of Sight one year later.
She crossed over the field as a singer and released her debut single If You Had My Love in 1999. The single reached the top chart on Billboard Hot 100 and made her even more popular.
In 2001, she published her album titled J.Lo. It debuted at the first rank on the US Billboard 200. She continued both careers and gained critical recognition worldwide.
However, J.Lo’s career was not always on the top. In 2007, her biographical film El Cantante only earned 7.6 million USD.
Also, her sixth album Brave was only listed at 31st on Billboard Hot 100. Then, she announced hiatus in 2008.
In 2010, she made an impactful comeback on the movie The Back-up Plan and became one of the judges in American Idol.
Her career performed well ever since, even Time magazine named her as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018.
- Full name: Jennifer Lynn Lopez
- Stage name: Jennifer Lopez
- Nickname: J.Lo, La Lopez, Lola
- Born: July 24, 1969 in New York City, New York, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Profession: Actress, Singer, Dancer
- Education: Baruch College
- Hobbies: Tennis, working out, dancing
- Parents: David López (Father) and Lupe López (Mother)
- Sibling: Lynda Lopez, Leslie Lopez
- Husband: Marc Anthony (Married 2004–2014), Cris Judd (Married 2001–2003), Ojani Noa (Married 1997–1998)
- Boyfriend: Ben Affleck (2021 – ), Alex Rodriguez
- Instagram: @jlo
- Facebook: @jenniferlopez
- YouTube: Jennifer Lopez
- Twitter: @JLo
- TikTok: @jlo
- People in the gym call her La Guitarra because she has a body curve like a guitar.
- Jennifer was raised in a Puerto Rican home, but she has difficulties to make a conversation in Spanish.
- The On The Floor singer eats many kinds of food, but she avoids berries and salmon.
- She also does not drink alcohol.
- Jennifer’s favorite color is aqua blue.
- Her performance in Out of Sight is one of the actress’s favorites.
- Lopez’s close friends are Leah Remini and Benny Medina.
- To please her parents, she attended college for only one semester, then dropped out.
- In 1997, People magazine listed her on the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- FHM magazine ranked her on #1 in the Sexiest Women list in 2001.
- In the same year, Celebrity Bodies magazine also gave her the first rank of Best Female Body in Celebrity.
- The singer has a lifestyle brand named J.Lo whose debut was fragrance in 2001. Then, it expands to watches, clothing, accessories, and more.
- She was engaged to the famous American actor Ben Affleck from 2002 to 2004.
- When holding a wedding with March Anthony, she wore a gown designed by Vera Wang.
- In 2009, she and her sisters built a nonprofit organization named the Lopez Family Foundation.
- Lopez joined the 2012 Brazilian Carnival at Rio de Janeiro as Brahma (beer trademark).
- J.Lo donated 1 million USD to Hurricane Maria relief efforts in Puerto Rico in 2017.
- In 2019, she and her fiancé Alex Rodriguez succeed 10-day diet challenge with no sugar and low carb.
- During the coronavirus outbreak, the singer and Alex Rodriguez donated 20,000 meals to hospitality workers in Miami.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $400 Million.
Pics of Jennifer Lopez
1. Her age is more than 50! How can she maintain that flawless skin?
2. J.Lo looks stunning in this red dress
3. The black boot is from DSW
4. Lopez’s appearance for Balmain Spring 2021
5. Even her bare face is so pretty!
Jennifer Lopez shows that maintaining a career in Hollywood doesn’t only depend on the beautiful physique, but also outstanding talent.