Miley Cyrus is an American actress, singer, and songrwriter. She’s known for her versatility in music and has been praised by critics for constantly renewing her style and sound.
As a singer, she has sold more than 20 million album copies and over 55 million singer around the world.
Acting-wise, some of her most notable projects are Hannah Montana (2006–2011) and The Last Song (2010).
She decided to become an actress when she followed her father to Canada to play in the TV series Doc in 2001.
Thus, her first small role was in that series with her father. Then, she became the lead actress in Hannah Montana, the Disney series. The series made her a teen idol.
She held her debut tour, Best of Both Worlds Tour, for promoting Hannah Montana’s soundtrack album in 2007.
The tour was hugely successful and the album was sold more than 3 million copies. In 2009, she was ranked #4 on Billboard as the best-selling female artist.
However, in 2010, she wanted to change her image as a teen superstar. She acted on The Last Song and released an album named Can’t Be Tamed.
The album was controversial due to the lyrics and Miley’s stage performance.
Miley’s teen image never came back. She continued to produce more mature songs such as We Can’t Stop and Wrecking Ball.
She also collaborated with other famous singers including Ariana Grande and Lana Del Rey on Don’t Call Me Angel in 2009, also Dua Lipa in her 2020 song, Prisoner.
- Full Name: Destiny Hope Cyrus
- Stage Name: Miley Cyrus
- Nickname: Smiley
- Birthday: November 23, 1992
- Birthplace: Franklin, Tennessee, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Education: Heritage Elementary School
- Hobbies: Hiking, riding bikes, and dancing
- Facebook: @MileyCyrus
- Twitter: @MileyCyrus
- Instagram: @mileycyrus
- TikTok: @mileycyrus
- YouTube: Miley Cyrus Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Dark brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 34-24-34 (Bust -34, Waist -24, and Hips -34 inches)
- Shoe Size: 6 (US)
- Dress Size: 2 (US)
- Father: Billy Ray Cyrus
- Mother: Tish Cyrus
- Brother: Trace Cyrus, Noah Cyrus, Brandi Cyrus
- Sister: –
Husband, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, & Dating History
Miley met Tyler, who used to be the star of Teen Wolf, in 2000 on the filming set of Doc that her father appeared in.
He opened up about the cute adorable love years later on an interview with ET, revealing how it happened when he’s 9 and she’s still 7 as well as she was his very first kiss.
Dylan unveiled how both of them dated for only one day, which happened when he’s still 11-12 years old.
In his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2008, he stated that they met on her filming set. He also joked about how it’s over the moment Nick Jonas walked by.
The former pair met at a charity event in 2006 that was recorded on her Miles To Go (2009) memoir film.
That being said, they did not actually confirm the romance until their separation in 2007, around one month before the end of their collaborative tour.
She revealed in an interview with Seventeen in 2008 that they dated “the day we met” and that they “loved in each other.”
Miley also opened about about how they were “arguing a lot and it really wasn’t fun.” That being said, it appeared that they keep their friendship as she also stated the potential of him being her “best friend” for the rest of her life.
Miley fell for Justin, who’s a contestant on Billy Ray Cyrus’ reality show Nashville Star, when she’s still 16 years old.
The couple reportedly dated for 9 months and chose to part ways in 2009. According to the media, her rediscovered friendship with Nick Jonas may have something to do with the split, and she’s “has been hanging out with Nick again a lot.”
Miley and Liam’s on-screen chemistry for The Last Song (2010) apparently translated to real life, as they’re captured sharing kisses at an airport which sparked their romance rumors off-screen.
The couple confirmed it later and attended their movie premiere red carpet event as an item.
In May 2012, they got engaged. She opened up in an interview with People that about their engagement and how she “look forward to a life of happiness with Liam.”
Unfortunately in September the following year, media reported that they had chose to part ways.
According to an insider info, the decision to split came from Miley as she’s convinced he’d cheated on her. His team denied the accusations strongly.
Mike WiLL Made-It
Miley sparked multiple dating rumors at the same time following her separation with Liam. One of the most likely speculations to be true was her fling with Mike, who’s the producer of her Bangerz album.
Media confirmed their relationship in June 2014, but whatever they had had fizzled out fast for unknown reasons.
Several sources confirmed to the media in November 2014 that she’s in relationship with Patrick, who was her “longtime friend.”
Media reported again their separation just five months later, which was said because of their clashing schedules and different phases in life as he’s pursuing education while she’s managing her career already.
She was linked romantically to Stella, who’s a model, after the pair were seen sharing kisses in midst-2015.
Miley opened up to Elle UK about how “awesome” Stella is. However, they appeared to part ways in the same year for undisclosed reasons.
A couple of years after the end of Miley and Liam’s engagement, around the end of 2015, the couple were rumored to be reunited as she helped him adopt a pet. She’s also seen wearing their engagement ring again in early 2016.
Media reported that they officially got back together and the pair “have been very close for the past few months.”
In 2018, the pair tied the knot by the end of 2018. She personally announced it via an Instagram post with a monochrome photo that capture their kiss.
On 2019 she was seen sharing kisses with Kaitlynn Carter, which most likely prompted their split that was later confirmed in August that year.
Miley and Kaitlynn’s selfie spread online on August 2019, which sparked speculations of their romance. Just a month later, both split from their respective husbands.
Just a month later in September, media reported their separation, even though they were “still friends.”
Kaitlynn opened up about their romance to Elle on a November essay that year, calling it “short-lived” but also the one that keeps her “eternally grateful” for opening hear eyes to “unexplored part”, “a new level of self-discovery” and “all the possibilities of life.”
In the following month after her split with Kaitlynn, she’s seen enjoying time with Cody who’s her long-time friend.
The pair shared a good amount of affection-showing on their social media pages.
Unfortunately, they split 10 months later. She personally confirmed it during an Instagram Live session, stating that they’re “just working on ourselves to become the people that we wanna be.”
She began to be linked romantically to Maxx in 2021, as the pair make public appearance together at an LA fashion show.
According to an insider info, they were indeed a couple and the relationship was “official between them.”
Her net worth is estimated to be around $160 million to $170 million, according to multiple sources. She appeared to collect most of her wealth from working as a singer, songwriter, and actress.
Her acting career breakthrough happened with Hannah Montana. The series cemented her position as one of the “riches kids” of television according to a 2010 report by the New York Post.
She reportedly earned $15 thousand for each episode of the series. According to Forbes, in total, she’s estimated to receive $134 million at that moment just when she’s still 18 years old.
The massive number of earning still hadn’t included the amount she received from Hannah Montana: The Movie that achieved over $155 million of gross profit on box office.
As a musician, she has released a total of 7 studio albums and 3 live albums throughout her career.
As cited from RIAA data, she’s earned more than $45 million in digital songs. Her hit single, Party in the USA contributed $11 million alone for that number.
She also earned plenty from touring. According to Billboard, Miley’s Best Of Both Worlds Tour raked over $54 million, while Bangerz tour earned her a net profit of over $62 million.
She purchased a house located in Studio City, California, for $4 million in 2011. The house reportedly features a swimming pool, a villa-like design, and fountains amongst others.
Miley bought a suburbs ranch estate in Nashville, Tennessee in 2017 for $5.8 million. The property was sold for $14.6 million in August 2016.
In the wake of Australia wildfire in 2018, she revealed that the house she shared with Liam in had burned down. The house reportedly was bought from Matthew Wilder, a singer and songwriter, for $6.8 million in 2014.
She sold another house to Matthew for $1.7 million in 2020.
Miley purchased Hidden Hills ranch in 2015 for $5 million, which later sold three years later for the same amount. The property reportedly features 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
She purchased a house in Hidden Hills in 2020 for $5 million. However, the house was sold fr $7.2 million in July in the following year.
Criticized for Twerking on Robin Thicke during Her VMAs Performance
In August 2013, Miley Cyrus faced backlash from public due to her collaboration stage with Robin Thicke at the year MTV VMAs.
Miley wore a body-hugging beige-colored latex underwear and showing multiple suggestive positions on stage while holding a foam glove.
By the end of the performance, she began twerking and rubbing herself against the male singer while sticking her tounge out.
The moment went viral and prompted more than 300 thousand tweets per minute.
The performance was repeated again on her tours, with even more provocative props and outfits. It even caused Dominican Republic to ban her concerts, citing that the acts went “against morals and customs.”
- Miley Cyrus’s trademarks are a sticking-tongue-out pose and a husky resonant voice.
- The award-winning American singer and actress, Dolly Parton, is her godmother.
- Don’t Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel is her favorite novel.
- Miley is fond of Chinese food.
- She is a huge fan of Radiohead and Coldplay.
- Meanwhile, her favorite actresses are Angeline Jolie and Meryl Streep.
- Her close friends include Ashley Tisdale and Demi Lovato.
- John Lennon, John Mayer, and Elvis Presley are the singer’s major musical influence.
- The Midnight Sky singer attended Heritage Elementary School in Tennessee. When moving to Los Angeles, she had a private tutor.
- She released a 3D concert movie for her tour, Best of Both Worlds Tour in 2008.
- TV Guide ranked her #1 as the top 10 Teen Star Countdown in 2008.
- Her song Can’t Be Tamed was her attempt to remove her teen idol image.
- Forbes magazine placed Cyrus at #17 as one of the most powerful celebrities in 2014.
- In 2015, she said that she is pansexual. It means she is attracted to people no matter what their sex or gender is.
- Liam Hemsworth and Miley lost their home in Malibu due to the Woolsey Fire. Then, they donated 500,000 USD to the Malibu Foundation.
- She was married to Liam in December 2018, and her husband filed for divorce in August 2019.
- Miley then dated Kaitlynn Carter in August 2019 but broke up a month later.
- In October 2019, she started dating Cody Simpson, her lifetime friend but split up in August 2020.
- Then, she released a single titled Midnight Sky to tell her breakup stories with those 3 people.
- In March 2020, she said that she had left her church because the church didn’t accept her gay friends and sent them to conversion therapy.
- Her ideal type is…
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), as Mainframe (voice)
- A Very Murray Christmas (2015), as herself (cameo)
- The Night Before (2015), as herself (cameo)
- So Undercover (2012), as Molly Morris/Brooke Stonebridge
- LOL (2012), as Lola Williams
- Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (2011), as herself
- Sex and the City 2 (2010), as herself (cameo)
- The Last Song (2010), as Veronica “Ronnie” Miller
- Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009), as Miley Stewart / Hannah Montana
- Bolt (2008), as Penny (voice)
- Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert (2008), as herself
- Big Fish (2003), as Young Ruthie – Age 8
- Human Resources (Netflix ⏐ 2023), as Van (voice)
- Black Mirror (Netflix ⏐ 2019), as Ashley O (live performance), Ashley Too (voice performance)
- Crisis in Six Scenes (Amazon Prime Video ⏐ 2016), as Lennie Dale
- Stone Quackers (FXX ⏐ 2015), as Skateboarding pigeon (voice)
- Two and a Half Men (CBS ⏐ 2012), as Missi
- The Suite Life on Deck (Disney Channel ⏐ 2009), as Miley Stewart / Hannah Montana
- High School Musical 2 (Disney Channel ⏐ 2007), as Girl at pool (cameo)
- The Replacements (Disney Channel ⏐ 2007), as Celebrity Starr (voice)
- The Emperor’s New School (Disney Channel ⏐ 2007), as Yatta, the Mudka’s Meat Hut Waitress (voice)
- The Suite of Life of Zack & Cody (Disney Channel ⏐ 2006), as Hannah Montana
- Hannah Montana (Disney Channel ⏐ 2006–2011), as Miley Stewart / Hannah Montana, Luann Stewart
- Doc (Ion television ⏐ 2001, 2003), as Kylie
- Dolly Parton’s Mountain Magic Christmas (NBC, Peacock ⏐ 2022), as herself
- Miley’s New Year’s Ever Party (NBC sharp ⏐ 2021–2022), as herself
- Miley Cyrus Presents Stand By You (Peacock ⏐ 2021), as herself
- The Voice (NBC ⏐ 2016–2017), as herself
- Cyrus vs. Cyrus: Design and Conquer (Bravo ⏐ 2016), as herself
- Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour (NBC ⏐ 2014), as herself
- Styled to Rock (Bravo ⏐ 2013), as herself
- Miley: The Movement (MTV ⏐ 2013), as herself
“I always say the minute I stop making mistakes is the minute I stop learning and I’ve definitely learned a lot.”
“I need more friends. It’s kind of like my quest right now just to have more true friends.”
“Music is what I breath, what I love to do. It keeps me alive.”
“Let your light shine. Be a source of strength and courage. Share your wisdom. Radiate Love.”
“Going out doesn’t make you a bad person, just like going to church doesn’t mean you’re a good person.”
“Life’s a climb. But the view is great.”
“Alone we can’t do much, but together we can change the world.”
“There are multiple sides to all of us. Who we are – and who we might be if we follow our dreams.”
“This is who I am. I think it’s only hard if you’re trying to be something you’re not. Being who you are is really easy.”
“My mom is always telling me it takes a long time to get to the top, but a short time to get to the bottom.”
“Just because someone with depression has a better day, doesn’t mean that person got better. The day is still grey but without any rain.”
“I am so excited to let fans in on how important my relationship with my family is to me. I hope to motivate mothers and daughters to build lifetimes of memories together and inspire kids around the world to live their dreams.”
“The best part of my career is getting to meet so many different people, because I learn so much from everyone.”
“You deal. You survive. You grow up and you build a career. And you remember these big/little hardships. They make you human.”
“For me the most important thing is being a really good person, and that doesn’t depend on what you do on stage, that depends on how you treat people when you’re offstage.”
“Even the hard times are part of your life story. If you acknowledge them and move past them, they eventually add up to the experience that makes you wise.”
“It is important to ask yourself why you’re doing what you’re doing and what purpose it serves in the big picture.”
“I don’t want to be perfect, but I do want to be a role model. My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect.”
“I guess if I learned anything this year it’s that you can pretend to be anyone you want. But when it comes to love, I mean real love, the best thing is just be yourself.”
“People are always telling me that i’m not like other girls…that I dont dress like other girls…that I dont act like other girls. But I’m my OWN person…I go to the beat of my own drum.”
“Beauty is the enemy . We try to conquer not feeling beautiful all our lives. It’s a battle that can’t be won. There’s no definition of beauty. The only way to achieve beauty is to feel it from inside without breaking down into individual physical attributes.”
- Stand By You (2021)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Crisis in Six Scenes (2016)
- A Very Murray Christmas (2015)
- The Night Before (2015)
- Miley: The Movement (2013)
- So Undercover (2012)
- LOL (2012)
- The Last Song (2010)
- Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009)
- Bolt (2008)
- Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert (2008)
- Big Fish (2003)
- Plastic Hearts (2020)
- Younger Now (2017)
- Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (2015)
- Bangerz (2013)
- Can’t Be Tamed (2010)
- Breakout (2008)
- Meet Miley Cyrus (2007)
1. The suit makes her look powerful
2. This sparkling dress is in contrast to the previous style, right?
3. Sticking tongue out is her favorite pose, isn’t it?
4. Miley’s performance for iHeart Festival
5. Look at her smile! It’s so precious
Who is Miley Cyrus?
She is an American actress, singer, and songrwriter.
Who is Miley Cyrus’ real name?
Her real name is Destiny Hope Cyrus.
What makes Miley Cyrus famous?
She’s famous because of her versatility in music and constantly renewed style and sound, as well as her acting such as in Hannah Montana (2006–2011) and The Last Song (2010).
Where is Miley Cyrus from?
She was born in Franklin, Tennessee, United States.
How old is Miley Cyrus?
She was born in 1992, and she is 31 years old as of 2023.
When Miley Cyrus celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 23rd of every November.
How tall is Miley Cyrus?
Her height is 5’5″ or 165 cm.
Who are Miley Cyrus’ parents?
Her father’s name is Billy Ray Cyrus and her mother’s name is Tish Cyrus.
Is Miley Cyrus married?
No, she is currently unmarried. But she is in a relationship with Maxx Morando.
Who is Miley Cyrus’ ex-boyfriend and ex-girlfriend?
Her ex-boyfriends are Tyler Posey, Dylan Sprouse, Nick Jonas, Justin Gaston, Mike WiLL Made-It, Patrick Schwarzenegger, and Cody Simpson. Her ex-girlfriends are Stella Maxwell and Kaitlynn Carter.
Who is Miley Cyrus’ ex-husband?
Her ex-husband is Liam Hemsworth.
How rich is Miley Cyrus?
Her net worth is around $160 million to $170 million.
What is Miley Cyrus nationality?
Her nationality is American.
Changing the teen-idol image might cause her a lot of controversies. However, it’s good to be ourselves, right?