Miley Cyrus decided to become an actress when she followed her father to Canada to play in the TV series Doc in 2001.
Thus, her first small role was in that series with her father. Then, she became the lead actress in Hannah Montana, the Disney series. The series made her a teen idol.
She held her debut tour, Best of Both Worlds Tour, for promoting Hannah Montana’s soundtrack album in 2007.
The tour was hugely successful and the album was sold more than 3 million copies. In 2009, she was ranked #4 on Billboard as the best-selling female artist.
However, in 2010, she wanted to change her image as a teen superstar. She acted on The Last Song and released an album named Can’t Be Tamed.
The album was controversial due to the lyrics and Miley’s stage performance.
Miley’s teen image never came back. She continued to produce more mature songs such as We Can’t Stop and Wrecking Ball.
She also collaborated with other famous singers including Ariana Grande and Lana Del Rey on Don’t Call Me Angel in 2009, also Dua Lipa in her 2020 song, Prisoner.
Read also: Emma Watson – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Full Name: Destiny Hope Cyrus
- Stage Name: Miley Cyrus
- Nickname: Smiley
- Birthday: November 23, 1992
- Birthplace: Franklin, Tennessee, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Education: Heritage Elementary School
- Hobbies: Hiking, riding bikes, and dancing
- Parents: Billy Ray Cyrus (Father) and Tish Cyrus (Mother)
- Sibling: Trace Cyrus, Noah Cyrus, Brandi Cyrus
Maxx Morando (2021 – );
- Husband: Liam Hemsworth (Married 2018–2020)
- Facebook: @MileyCyrus
- Twitter: @MileyCyrus
- Instagram: @mileycyrus
- TikTok: @mileycyrus
- YouTube: Miley Cyrus Official
- Miley Cyrus’s trademarks are a sticking-tongue-out pose and a husky resonant voice.
- The award-winning American singer and actress, Dolly Parton, is her godmother.
- Don’t Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel is her favorite novel.
- Miley is fond of Chinese food.
- She is a huge fan of Radiohead and Coldplay.
- Meanwhile, her favorite actresses are Angeline Jolie and Meryl Streep.
- Her close friends include Ashley Tisdale and Demi Lovato.
- John Lennon, John Mayer, and Elvis Presley are the singer’s major musical influence.
- The Midnight Sky singer attended Heritage Elementary School in Tennessee. When moving to Los Angeles, she had a private tutor.
- She released a 3D concert movie for her tour, Best of Both Worlds Tour in 2008.
- TV Guide ranked her #1 as the top 10 Teen Star Countdown in 2008.
- Her song Can’t Be Tamed was her attempt to remove her teen idol image.
- Forbes magazine placed Cyrus at #17 as one of the most powerful celebrities in 2014.
- In 2015, she said that she is pansexual. It means she is attracted to people no matter what their sex or gender is.
- Liam Hemsworth and Miley lost their home in Malibu due to the Woolsey Fire. Then, they donated 500,000 USD to the Malibu Foundation.
- She was married to Liam in December 2018, and her husband filed for divorce in August 2019.
- Miley then dated Kaitlynn Carter in August 2019 but broke up a month later.
- In October 2019, she started dating Cody Simpson, her lifetime friend but split up in August 2020.
- Then, she released a single titled Midnight Sky to tell her breakup stories with those 3 people.
- In March 2020, she said that she had left her church because the church didn’t accept her gay friends and sent them to conversion therapy.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $160 million.
Read also: Gigi Hadid – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
“I always say the minute I stop making mistakes is the minute I stop learning and I’ve definitely learned a lot.”
“I need more friends. It’s kind of like my quest right now just to have more true friends.”
“Music is what I breath, what I love to do. It keeps me alive.”
“Let your light shine. Be a source of strength and courage. Share your wisdom. Radiate Love.”
“Going out doesn’t make you a bad person, just like going to church doesn’t mean you’re a good person.”
“Life’s a climb. But the view is great.”
“Alone we can’t do much, but together we can change the world.”
“There are multiple sides to all of us. Who we are – and who we might be if we follow our dreams.”
“This is who I am. I think it’s only hard if you’re trying to be something you’re not. Being who you are is really easy.”
“My mom is always telling me it takes a long time to get to the top, but a short time to get to the bottom.”
“Just because someone with depression has a better day, doesn’t mean that person got better. The day is still grey but without any rain.”
“I am so excited to let fans in on how important my relationship with my family is to me. I hope to motivate mothers and daughters to build lifetimes of memories together and inspire kids around the world to live their dreams.”
“The best part of my career is getting to meet so many different people, because I learn so much from everyone.”
“You deal. You survive. You grow up and you build a career. And you remember these big/little hardships. They make you human.”
“For me the most important thing is being a really good person, and that doesn’t depend on what you do on stage, that depends on how you treat people when you’re offstage.”
“Even the hard times are part of your life story. If you acknowledge them and move past them, they eventually add up to the experience that makes you wise.”
“It is important to ask yourself why you’re doing what you’re doing and what purpose it serves in the big picture.”
“I don’t want to be perfect, but I do want to be a role model. My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect.”
“I guess if I learned anything this year it’s that you can pretend to be anyone you want. But when it comes to love, I mean real love, the best thing is just be yourself.”
“People are always telling me that i’m not like other girls…that I dont dress like other girls…that I dont act like other girls. But I’m my OWN person…I go to the beat of my own drum.”
“Beauty is the enemy . We try to conquer not feeling beautiful all our lives. It’s a battle that can’t be won. There’s no definition of beauty. The only way to achieve beauty is to feel it from inside without breaking down into individual physical attributes.”
- Stand By You (2021)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Crisis in Six Scenes (2016)
- A Very Murray Christmas (2015)
- The Night Before (2015)
- Miley: The Movement (2013)
- So Undercover (2012)
- LOL (2012)
- The Last Song (2010)
- Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009)
- Bolt (2008)
- Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert (2008)
- Big Fish (2003)
- Plastic Hearts (2020)
- Younger Now (2017)
- Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (2015)
- Bangerz (2013)
- Can’t Be Tamed (2010)
- Breakout (2008)
- Meet Miley Cyrus (2007)
1. The suit makes her look powerful
2. This sparkling dress is in contrast to the previous style, right?
3. Sticking tongue out is her favorite pose, isn’t it?
4. Miley’s performance for iHeart Festival
5. Look at her smile! It’s so precious
Changing the teen-idol image might cause her a lot of controversies. However, it’s good to be ourselves, right?