Emma Watson realized that she desired to be an actress when she was six years old. Then, she trained at a part-time theater school, the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts.
There, she studied singing, acting, and dancing, also played various school plays.
She was discovered by the casting agents through her Oxford theater teacher. Therefore, the first series of Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, in 2001 was her debut.
The Harry Potter series was successful, so was her career. From this series, she got nominations for the Critics’ Choice Award, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award, and more.
Her movies mostly get worldwide recognition. You can mention The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Bling Ring, Noah, and Little Women. Furthermore, she doesn’t only acquire acknowledgment in her acting career but also in the modeling industry.
She has been featured in famous brands such as Burberry and Calvin Klein, also magazines like Vanity Fair and Elle.
- Full name: Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson
- Stage name: Emma Watson
- Nickname: Em
- Born: April 15, 1990, in Paris, France
- Nationality: British
- Religion: spiritual Universalist
- Profession: Actress, model
- Education: Brown University
- Hobbies: playing field hockey or tennis and break dancing
- Parents: Chris Watson (Father) and Jacqueline Luesby (Mother)
- Sibling: Alex Watson, Lucy Watson, Nina Watson, Toby Watson
- Boyfriend: Leo Robinton
- Instagram: @emmawatson
- Twitter: @EmmaWatson
- Both of Emma’s parents are English lawyers.
- Em’s most favorite Harry Potter series is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- She has two cats. They are Bubbles and Domino.
- Em has suffered ADHD since childhood.
- Emma Watson got certification for meditation and yoga instructor.
- Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are Watson’s closest friends.
- This woman loves reading books. She even launched a feminist book club named Our Shared Shelf.
- Her favorite actors are Russell Crowe and Johnny Depp.
- David Fincher, Ang Lee, Sofia Coppola are some of her favorite filmmakers.
- She likes listening to Alanis Morissette and Justin Timberlake’s songs.
- Emma likes eating Mexican food.
- Light blue is her favorite color.
- She has spoken for the United Nations Organization focusing on Women’s Rights.
- Watson’s family lived in Paris until Emma reached 5 years old and returned to Britain.
- In 2005, she appeared on the Teen Vogue magazine cover and became the youngest person for it.
- When picking her favorite subjects in school, those were English, history, and art.
- In 2007, she got the third rank on Yahoo! List of the 10 Most Popular Movie Stars.
- She entered Brown University after finishing the Harry Potter movies and studied literature.
- In 2009, Portrait Magazine included her in the Top 30 Under 30 list.
- The Guinness Book of World Records named her as the Highest-Grossing Actress of the Decade in 2009.
- In 2012, she was ranked #17 on Ask Men’s list of top 99 most desirable women.
- During 2011-12, she attended Worcester College, Oxford due to Visiting Student Program.
- She dated Will Adamowicz after meeting him at Oxford University in 2011. The relationship ended in 2013.
- She was actually offered the role of Mia in La La Land. Yet, she chose to play Belle in Beauty and the Beast. Then, she replaced Emma Stone’s role as Mer March in Little Women due to Stone’s scheduling conflicts in The Favourite.
1. What do you think about her red lipstick?
2. Even her side profile looks remarkable.
3. Her face doesn’t age at all!
4. She was born to play Belle! This role definitely suits her.
5. Her bright laugh makes you want to smile, right?
She shows us being an actress doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your education. She is the role model that she can have it all!