Mohamed Salah is Egyptian professional football player. He began to gain attention right after making his senior career and international debut in 2011-2012, which launched his future career under famous professional football clubs.
He is often regarded as one of the greatest players of his generation and the greatest African players in history.
Mohamed Salah was 7 years old when he first fell in love with football. Found it enjoyable, he decided to make it a career.
To prove his seriousness, he joined local club Ittihad Basyoun and Othmason Tanta. He was 14 when he joined El Mokawloon and debut as a professional footballer.
Two years later, he joined FC Basel and kept rising until catch the attention of English club, Chelsea F.C. He signed with Chelsea in 2014 and joined on a free transfer to Florentina and Roma.
In his first season at Roma, he led the team to a finish in Serie A. His performance brought Liverpool an offer to sign him despite he had signing a long term deal with Roma.
In 2017, he transferred to Roma and led Liverpool to win the 2019 UEFA Champions League.
Aside from the club, he has also been representing his nation since 2011. He participated in the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup and the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Real Name: Mohamed Salah Hamed Mahrous Ghaly
- Stage Name: Mohamed Salah
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Mo Salah
- Birthday: June 15, 1992
- Birthplace: Basyoun, Gharbia, Egypt
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Nationality: Egyptian
- Religion: Islam
- Profession: Professional Football Player
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Biking, Working Out
- Position: Forward
Liverpool (2017 – )
Roma (2016 – 2017)
Roma (loan) (2015 – 2016)
Florentina (loan) (2015)
Chelsea (2014 -2016)
Basel (2012 – 2014)
El Moukawloon (2010 – 2012)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @mosalah
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- Height: 175 cm (5’9”)
- Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 36-32-13 (Bust -36, Waist -32, and Arms -13 in inches)
- Shoe Size: –
- Father: Salah Ghaly
- Mother: –
- Brother: Nasr Salah
- Sister: –
- Children: Makka, Kayan
Wife, Girlfriend, & Dating History
Mohamed Salah and Magi Sadeg tied the knot in 2013.
Their first child, Makka, was born in 2014. The family welcomed another daughter in 2020, who’s named Kayan.
Mohamed Salah’s net worth is around $80 million to $90 million. His primary source of income is his salary as a football player.
Mohamed Salah played for Chelsea from 2013 to 2018. During his six-year contract, he earned £3,846,313 of average salary per year.
He earned £6,240,000 of average annual salary under his five-year contract with Roma from 2017 to 2021. His contract was extended for another five years from 2018 to 2022, in which he earn an average annual salary of £10,400,000.
Mohamed Salah joined Liverpool in 2017. He got paid £400,000 a week. After joining Liverpool, he was the sixth highest paid player in the world with £18,200,000 per year.
Mohamed Salah is one of active contributors in Nagrig’s regeneration project, which is his hometown where there’s a high percentage of proverty. He regularly donated fund to help build hospital and school.
During Mohamed’s time in Egypt, he gave monthly allowances to over 450 families as well as gave $300 thousand to the government to help the country overcame an economic crisis.
He donated E£3 million to help rebuild Abu Sefein Church in Giza, Egypt, after it was ruined by a fire which caused the death of 41 people.
- He has been so invested in football since he was a kid and was not good at academics, so his parents worried about him.
- He is the first Egyptian player in Liverpool.
- He was also the first Egyptian player to join Chelsea.
- His father was the one who kept telling him to pursue his dream, even if it meant making four hours trips to the training ground.
- He and his wife, Magi Sadeq attend the same elementary and junior high school.
- He married his wife in 2013 and from his marriage, born two daughters.
- His first daughter named Makka, who was born in 2014 and his second daughter is Kayan, who was born in 2020.
- In his spare time, he enjoys swimming, watching movies, playing video games, or playing table tennis.
- He also enjoys spending good times with his family and friends.
- He loves Kushari, an Egyptian dish consisting of rice, lentils, and pasta, then mixed together with garlic, vinegar, and spiced tomato sauce.
- He is a fan of American professional boxer and activist, Muhaammad Ali Clay.
- He once criticized because he kissed a female presenter when he picked up the Player of the Year award in the Swiss League.
- His transfer fee to Liverpool was £36.9 million.
- He’s been friends with his now-wife for a long time and married her in 2013, although he never disclosed his ideal type of woman, but religion and familiarity might have become the factor in it.
“I don’t think in terms of being a superstar.”
“This is my life: it’s an easy life. It’s not complicated.”
“Every year, every day, every month, I am proving myself.”
“You cannot score 10 goals from 10 shots – that’s impossible – but I am trying.”
“I gave a lot for football because I wanted to be as professional as possible.”
“I have a speed, and I have to use it when I play against someone who gives you the space.”
“I give all my life to football; I only think about football. This is what is on my mind all the time.”
“I want all Egyptian people to follow my way to improve themselves. We are a huge country. We have many children. I want everyone to dream and feel they can do something.”
“Everyone is expecting something in each game I’m playing. I don’t have to score in every game, but I want to do my best. I want to give everything for the club, for my teammates, and myself also.”
“Of course you think about the goalkeeper you are facing before a game. You have to prepare yourself for the game and think about the weakness of the players you are up against.”
Who is Mohamed Salah?
He is a Egyptian professional football player.
Who is Mohamed Salah’s real name?
His real name is Mohamed Salah Hamed Mahrous Ghaly.
What makes Mohamed Salah famous?
He’s got famous after making his senior career and international career in 2011-2012, which launched his future career under famous professional football clubs.
Where is Mohamed Salah from?
He was born in Basyoun, Gharbia, Egypt.
How old is Mohamed Salah?
He was born in 1992, and he is 31 years old as of 2023.
When Mohamed Salah celebrates his birthday?
He celebrates on the 15th of every June.
How tall is Mohamed Salah?
His height is 5’9″ or 175 cm.
Who are Mohamed Salah’s parents?
His father’s name is Salah Ghaly and his mother’s name is unknown.
Is Mohamed Salah married?
Yes, he is married to Magi Sadeq. They tied the knot in 2013.
Who is Mohamed Salah’s ex-girlfriend?
None of his ex-girlfriend is known to the public.
How rich is Mohamed Salah?
His net worth is around $80 million to $90 million.
What is Mohamed Salah nationality?
His nationality is Egyptian.
Only has his focus on football, Mohamed Salah keeps his perseverance and with his skill, he led his team to win and score for them.