Born to fulfill the prophecy, Paulo Dybala began his journey in football when he was 10. At that time, he joined local club the Instituto de Córdoba.
He makes his senior debut when he was 17 by joining his hometown club, Instituto Atlético Central Córdoba.
He was the youngest player to score a goal and overpowered Mario Kempes’ record. He gained attention from Italian club Palermo when they finally contacted him in 2012.
He stayed with Palermo for 3 years and helped the club win Serie B in 2013-2014. Taking advantage of his record, he signed with Juventus in 2015 for five year deal.
After finishing his contract deal with Juventus, in 2022, he joined AS Roma for a three year contract and making his debut with the club in July.
He also takes part to represent Argentina besides his hold Italia and Polish nationality. He makes his senior international debut in 2015 in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay.
- Real Name: Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala
- Stage Name: Paulo Dybala
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: La Joya
- Birthday: November 15, 1993
- Birthplace: Laguna Larga, Cordoba, Argentina
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Nationality: Argertine, Italian, Polish
- Height: 177 cm (5’9”)
- Weight: 75 kg (165 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Playing Playstation, Watching TV
- Position: Forward
Instituto (2011 – 2012)
Palermo (2012 – 2015)
Juventus (2015 – 2022)
AS Roma (2022 – )
- Parents: Adolfo Dybala (father), Alicia de Dybala (mother)
- Siblings: Gustavo Dybala (brother), Mariano Dybala (brother)
Oriana Sabatini (2018 – );
Antonella Cavalieri (2015 – 2018)
- Facebook: Paulo Dybala Official
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @paulodybala
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- He is known for his agility and speed. He is also creative with the ball and is known for his dribbling skill.
- When he was a kid, there was a prophecy that he would become a footballer.
- His father, who believed in those prophecies and saw his potential, did all he could to support his son’s dream.
- When his father passed away in 2008, he almost gave up football. After some time, he decided he’s going to fulfill his father’s dream and keep pursuing football.
- He dated his girlfriend since 2015 and they ended their relationship after Cavalieri said that she was fed up with his affairs and lies.
- After breaking up with Antonella Cavalieri, he began dating Oriana Sabatini and they maintain their relationship.
- He is known for his mask celebration, which is also called Dybalamask and he explains that the mask is a symbol of gladiator mask, that even when they are struggling, they still aim to be stronger and didn’t lose their smile and kindness.
- His nickname La Joya means The Jewel in Spanish. He got the nickname because of his technique, pace, creative style of play, and his talent.
- He has a tattoo in Arabic letters spelled Alice. His tattoo is located on the left side of his ribs, near his heart and he said he got the tattoo because he liked the letters.
- He also has a tattoo of football with a crown inside his left leg.
- His favorite movie is Gladiator and he’s been watching it for more than 30 times.
- In 2021, he got a scandal because he broke Covid-19 regulations by attending a party at his teammate’s Weston McKennie. Because of this scandal, Juventus want to sell him.
- Amid the news from his ex-girlfriends, Cavalieri about his scandal, there’s no news about his ideal type of woman.
- His net worth is around $40 million.
“I don’t speak English or French, but that doesn’t mean anything.”
“One penalty miss doesn’t change anything.”
“I made a really good start to my career, and there was a lot of speculation about where I’d end up going. Like I did then, I’m just trying to take this all in my stride and keep my feet on the ground.”
“I learned how to defend the ball with my body and to be faster than my opponents.”
“Playing for Juventus is something you dream about when you’re a kid.”
“You learn more from the negative things.”
“If you want to improve, you have to set high targets.”
“God gives us a gift, but then that gift has to be worked.”
“If I get annoyed because I’m not in the headlines and don’t do well in training, I won’t do well if I have to go in. I’ve to be prepared because the World Cup isn’t easy.”
“It is a burden that people have expectations about me.”
“It’s really great that people are talking so much about me because it means that I’m doing things right.”
Because he loses his father who supports his dream, he almost gives up the dream he pursued since a kid. But, thankfully that he decided to come back into football so he could keep training his skills.