Namjoo started her life in the entertainment industry when she was 13 years old, at which time she managed to star in a TV commercial in 2007.
Her career then continued when she successfully passed Cube Entertainment’s Cube Party audition in 2010.
Namjoo then made her first stage debut with the group Apink on Mnet’s M! Countdown. At the event, they performed Wishlist and Mollayo.
Her career doesn’t just stop in the world of singing. In 2015, she was cast for the web drama Investigator Alice. In the drama, she plays a detective named Chun Yeon Joo.
In 2016, she continued the role of Chun Yeon Joo for the second season. In the same year, she and her Apink partner, Bomi, became the newest hosts on Shikshin Road.
She finally made her solo debut on September 7, 2020 with her latest single album, Bird.
- Real Name: Kim Nam Joo (김남주)
- Stage Name: Namjoo (남주)
- Nickname: Namjoo, Shikshin
- Birthdate: April 15, 1995
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: South Korea
- Position: Rapper, Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer (Apink)
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Dancer, Model, Actress, Rapper
- Education: Sungkyunkwan University
- Hobbies: Eating, Singing, Dancing
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @Apinkknj
- Instagram: @sarangdungy
- Tiktok: –
- YouTube: –
- Namjoo is a member of Apink who can speak Chinese, even though it was actually Naeun who learned the language.
- She often calls Beyonce as a nickname for herself.
- She really idolizes Onew from SHINee.
- She pointed to SHINee’s Onew as her ideal type.
- This girl is often called the ‘Tireless Energizer’.
- Her mother and cousins are fluent in English.
- She is the only child in her family.
- Namjoo is very good at impersonating.
- According to people, they feel that Namjoo is a very active and bright person.
- In terms of food, she really likes spicy food.
- She also likes pork and kimchi stew that her mother usually makes.
- Purple and pink are her favorite colors.
- 3 is her favorite number.
- Since she was in elementary school, Namjoo has known HyunA.
- She once wrote the lyrics for one of the songs on Apink’s One and Six mini-album, Forever Star.
- She was once a dancing crew for BEAST’s song Beautiful.
- Namjoo has an ideal type, a man who has good facial expressions, does not have double eyelids, innocent but is still sexy.
- Namjoo is part of Apink’s sub-unit, BnN, with Bomi.
- She along with Eunji and Hyunseung (BEAST) once released the single A Year Ago in 2013.
- She once performed the song Seoul Lonely along with Phantom, a hip-hop music trio on various music programs.
- Namjoo had been a part of Tutoring Across Generations in March 2015, but in the end, the show was canceled due to falling ratings.
- In 2015, she released a single with Sungjae from BTOB with the title Photograph.
- Namjoo was cast as the main character Juliet Capulet in Romeo and Juliet produced by Sungkyunkwan University in 2017.
- Namjoo has her own fashion line, namely Sugar Please.
- She launched Sugar Please on February 14, 2019.
- She attended Seoul Performing Arts High School with Naeun, Hayoung, and Yookyung.
Pics of Namjoo Apink
1. She looks so badass in this retro wave theme outfit
2. She’s in her dreamland with her color palette, pink and purple
3. Namjoo is being a slaying queen
4. She looks so refreshed in this photo
5. Namjoo’s side profile is worth to be admired
Namjoo is a super attractive woman who loves giving their best effort in every aspect. She’s really talented, very beautiful, and so bright. We are rooting for you, Namjoo!