Before Joy lived her daily life as a K-pop idol, she often sang at his school festival. In 2012, she finally joined the SM Global Audition.
After undergoing two years of training, her vocal coach gave her the stage name ‘Joy’, which means happiness. She became the fourth member announced by SM Entertainment on July 29, 2014.
She is the only member of Red Velvet who was not announced as part of SM Rookies, SM’s pre-debut training team.
Even so, this girl finally managed to debut with ‘Red Velvet’ in August 2014 with the single Happiness which occupied the top position of K-pop music.
Not only in Red Velvet, Joy often has a solo career, especially as an actress such as in the dramas The Liar and His Lover (2017) and Tempted (2018).
Her solo career then continued with the release of the single Introduce Me a Good Person for the popular tvN drama Hospital Playlist.
On May 31, 2021, she finally released her debut solo album titled Hello. The track itself successfully peaked in the first position of several charts, such as the Gaon Digital Chart. The track also got its place for Top 10 Billboard’s K-pop Hot 100.
- Real Name: Park Soo Young (박수영)
- Stage Name: Joy (조이)
- Nickname: Joy, Kkyeopjoy, Malgeumi
- Birthday: September 3, 1996
- Birthplace: Jeju Island, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Nationality: South Korea
- Position: Lead Rapper, Vocalist (Red Velvet)
- Height: 168 cm (5’6″)
- Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Model, Dancer, Actress, Rapper
- Education: School of Performing Arts Seoul
- Hobbies: Watching movies, Singing
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @_imyour_joy
- Tiktok: @_imyour_joy
- YouTube: –
- The color designed for Joy is green.
- When she appeared on the program We Got Married, her virtual husband was Sungjae of BTOB.
- She is a perfectionist and always does careful planning before doing anything.
- Her favorite foods and drinks are sushi, chicken, mint choco ice cream, crustless pizza, and grilled eel.
- Like Irene, Joy likes comfortable clothes to wear. Even so, their fashion style remains different.
- Joy is a member of Red Velvet who takes selfies the most.
- She loves collecting lip balms.
- She prefers to exercise and eat in small portions rather than excessive dieting.
- Her favorite number is 31.
- Ariana Grande is her favorite singer.
- She is very emotional when it comes to her family or about her mother.
- If she doesn’t become a K-pop idol, she wants to be a kindergarten teacher.
- Red is her favorite color.
- Joy received dance lessons from Super Junior’s Eunhyun.
- Her pet dog, Haetnim, has an Instagram account that is @haetnimee
- Joy is close friends with other K-pop idols, such as Yerin from GFRIEND, Oh Hayoung from Apink, Woosung from LUCY, and also actor Kim Min Jae.
- She often feels lazy to brush her teeth.
- She is often called ‘snob’ because she almost never smiled before.
- Joy is happy to be praised by other Red Velvet members to boost her self-confidence.
- Wendy is the Red Velvet member who compliments her the most.
- She was once suggested to follow Miss Korea by someone because of her beautiful face.
- Joy has a driver’s license.
- She loved trot music when she was little.
- She loves animals so much that she volunteers for animal shelters and watches dog training videos in her spare time.
- Joy is the oldest child in her family.
- She had a hard time doing aegyo and had to practice smiling while she was an SM trainee.
- During the pre-debut period, she had difficulty practicing dancing.
- Joy is close friends with Doyoung from NCT. They also have a Christmas song called First Christmas.
- Among the other members, she is the most passionate member.
- Joy likes white daisies, which she chose for her Espoir makeup photoshoot.
- Her ideal type is someone who lives by the rules, likes to work hard on her own business, and has a clear mind of her own.
Pics of Joy
1. Joy looks like an angel wearing this silky purple dress
2. Her Psycho stage outfits really slay
3. Joy and flowers are the perfect mate
4. She looks trendy yet cute in baby blue outfits
5. Her baker boy hat suits her perfectly
Joy is one of the most attractive female K-pop idols in this era. Not just because of her visual, but also because of her behavior, talents, and her aura that make her fans support her no matter what.