Veteran Quotes – Veteran is the most memorable period of all our time. We certainly know that this period of veterans is still often celebrated as a form of remembering the services of heroes who have fallen and contributed to the country.
Many heroes or someone who has served in a country as a form of respect. We are always taught to celebrate as a form of joy to remember services that are never timeless.
Appreciate the services of veterans as we love and give thanks more for the heroes who have done more for the country, have brought the country’s fragrance, and have changed the country for the better until now.
There are many lessons that we can learn from the veterans period which certainly inspire and give us more knowledge space to continue appreciating the services of past heroes.
The inspiration comes in the form of quotes that will be distributed in 100 Veteran Quotes that bring us to a change in the spirit of struggle, inspire, and provide an open space. Also to appreciate the services of heroes who have fallen during the veterans period.
Veteran Quotes That Give Encourage More For Yourself
1. “Freedom is never free.” – Anonymous
2. “Spending time with America’s soldiers is always inspiring.” – John Boehner
3. “The young patriots now returning from war in Iraq and Afghanistan and other deployments worldwide are joining the ranks of veterans to whom America owes an immense debt of gratitude.” – Steve Buyer
4. “Tragically, the effort to make America and the world safer and to defend freedom around the world is not without an enormous cost to this Nation in terms primarily of lost lives and those who bear the scars and the wounds of war, and their families who must bear these losses.” – John Warner
5. “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.” – José Narosky
6. “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form or a readiness to die.” – G.K. Chesterton
7. “Fortune favors the brave.” – Terence
8. “Word to the Nation: Guard zealously your right to serve in the Armed Forces, for without them, there will be no other rights to guard.” – John F. Kennedy
9. “These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.” – Michael N. Castle
10. “But this Veterans Day, I believe we should do more than sing the praises of the bravery and patriotism that our veterans have embodied in the past. We should take this opportunity to re-evaluate how we are treating our veterans in the present.” – Nick Lampson
11. “A soldier does not fight because he hates what he left behind. He fights to save and protect what he left behind.” – Unknown
12. “Once a soldier, always a soldier.” – Unknown
13. “On the eighth day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said: “I need a protector.” You are our protectors from all this evil, dear veteran.” – Unknown
14. “A proud military family,divided by duty yet united by the love for the country.” – Unknown
15. “Some people dream, some live the dream. Our military defends our dreams of freedom. Thank you,veterans.” – Unknown
16. “Veterans because of you we feel safe and can sleep at night. Thank you for protecting America.” – Unknown
17. “You paid for our freedom because it is not free. Thank you for that, veteran.” – Unknown
18. “To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with lots of pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations.” – Woodrow Wilson
19. “It’s about how we treat our veterans every single day of the year. It’s about making sure they have the care they need and the benefits that they’ve earned when they come home. It’s about serving all of you as well as you’ve served the United States of America.” – Barack Obama
20. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
21. “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” – G.K. Chesterton
22. “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” – Norman Schwarzkopf
23. “Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day.” – Charles B. Rangel
24. “True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.” – Arthur Ashe
25. “The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.” – Judd Gregg
26. “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” – Michel de Montaigne
27. “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.” – Thucydides
28. “If you can read this, thank your teacher. If you can read this in English, thank your veterans!” – Unknown
29. “A veteran acts more than he or she talks.” – Unknown
30. “Born raised and protected,by gods, guns, and glory. America is indebted to you.” – Unknown
31. “You may not be able to transition easily from the military to civilian life. However, you will always remain a veteran. And will forever be honored for your service.” – Unknown
32. “Not all angels are made in heaven, they fight on the battlefield. You are our angel, veteran.” – Unknown
33. “We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.” – Unknown
34. “Best Veteran’s day quotes to Express Gratitude This Veterans Day!” – Unknown
35. “Thank you for serving our country and protecting our freedom.” – Unknown
36. “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes from freedom.” – Bob Dylan.
37. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell.
38. “The nation will remember the land of the free so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis,
39. “Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold out values when duty called.” – Bill Shuster
40. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy.
41. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our she-roes and heroes!” – Maya Angelou.
42. “To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the council of nations.” – Woodrow Wilson.
43. “The nicest veterans, the kindest and the funniest ones, the ones who hated war the most, were the ones who’d really fought.” – Unknown
44. “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller.
45. “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” Michel de Montaigne.” – unknown
46. “It is about how we treat our veterans every single day of the year. It’s about making sure they have the care they need and the benefits that they have earned when they come home. It is about serving all of you as well you’ve served the United states of America.” – Barack Obama
47. “ It does not take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” – Norman Schwarzkopf
48. “Honoring the sacrifices that many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day.” – Charles B. Rangel.
49. “We will not tire, we will not falter, we will not fail.” – George W. Bush
50. “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” – Ronald Reagan
51. “The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country.” – George S. Patton
52. “Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
53. “The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.” – Abraham Lincoln
54. “Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
55. “Americans never quit.” – Douglas MacArthur
56. “On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.” – Dan Lipinski
57. “Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.” – Mary Roach
58. “He loves his country best who strives to make it best.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
59. “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” – Nathan Hale
60. “Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the Gun down.” – Malcolm X
61. “No man is a man until he has been a soldier.” – Louis de Bernières
62. “Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.” – Bernard Malamud
63. “Duty, honor, country: Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.” – Douglas MacArthur
64. “Our nation under God is indivisible with liberty and justice for all.” – unknown
65. “Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with each breath of the soldiers who have and are protecting it.” – unknown
66. “I am proud to be an American. I am grateful to be free, and will not forget the men that gave that right to you. Thank you to all the veterans.” – unknown
67. “May the flag wave boldly with its vibrant hues. Honoring veterans like you with the beautiful red, white and blue. Happy Veteran’s Day.” – unknown
68. “We will never forget the price of freedom, you have paid for the nation, dear veteran.” – unknown
69. “To all those, who put themselves in the line of defense to protect the state. Thank you for your service.” – unknown
70. “The American flag is not flying backward, it is assaulting forwards.” – unknown
71. “Real heroes, don’t have a name behind their jersey. They have the country’s flag on their uniform’s arm. Thank you for our freedom.” – unknown
72. “My patriotic heart beats red, white and blue proudly.” – unknown
73. “Only god and the military can protect our land.” – unknown
74. “Patriotism is not the short emotional feeling, it is the dedication and service of a lifetime towards the state.” – unknown
75. “Veterans are a symbol of what makes our nation great.” – unknown
76. “It is because of you veteran that we salute the flag and because of you that we stand for the anthem.”- unknown
77. “There is no other banner worth waving than this flag.” – unknown
78. “Never doubt the power of a soldier who wears the colors red, white and blue proudly.” – unknown
79. “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
80. “Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.” – Abraham Lincoln
81. “The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.” – Patrick Henry
82. “We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.” – George Orwell
83. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
84. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
85. “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.” – Sidney Sheldon
86. “I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: ‘I served in the United States Navy.’” – John F. Kennedy
87. “I think there is one higher office than President and I would call that patriot.” – Gary Hart
88. “Perfect valor is to behave, without witnesses, as one would act were all the world watching.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
89. “The sanctity of our battlefields, monuments, and veterans institutions is of utmost importance to preserve military history and pay respect to those who fought.” – Henry Waxman
90. “The thing we all had in common wasn’t muscle; it was the will to do whatever it takes.” – Chris Kyle
91. “If a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
92. “America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.” – Steve Buyer
93. “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.” – Ronald Reagan
94. “The only easy day was yesterday.” – US Navy SEALs
95. “A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace.” – Theodore Roosevelt
96. “The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.” – George Washington
97. “Never give in never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” – Winston Churchill
98. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
99. “America’s veterans deserve the very best health care because they’ve earned it.” – Jim Ramstad
100. “I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest.” – Chris Kyle
Those are 100 veteran quotes that inspire and provide space for all of us, to appreciate the services of previous heroes who have contributed greatly to our country from time to time and will always be remembered together as national heroes.