Yoo Ji Tae is a South Korean actor, screenwriter, and movie director. He rose to prominence after appearing in Korean movies such as Attack the Gas Station (1999), Ditto (2000), One Fine Spring Day (2001), and Oldboy (2003).
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Wife, Girlfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Plastic Surgery
- 8 Facts
- 9 Movies
- 10 Drama Series
- 11 TV Shows
- 12 Awards
- 13 Nominations
- 14 Quotes
- 15 FAQs
- 15.1 Who is Yoo Ji Tae?
- 15.2 Who is Yoo Ji Tae’s real name?
- 15.3 What makes Yoo Ji Tae famous?
- 15.4 Where is Yoo Ji Tae from?
- 15.5 How old is Yoo Ji Tae?
- 15.6 When does Yoo Ji Tae celebrate his birthday?
- 15.7 How tall is Yoo Ji Tae?
- 15.8 Who are Yoo Ji Tae’s parents?
- 15.9 Is Yoo Ji Tae married?
- 15.10 Who is Yoo Ji Tae’s ex-girlfriend?
- 15.11 How rich is Yoo Ji Tae?
- 15.12 What is Yoo Ji Tae’s nationality?
Yoo Ji Tae started his acting career in the 1998 movie Bye June. He immediately rose to popularity with his amazing acting.
A year later, the movie Attack the Gas Station, in which he was assigned for the Best New Actor Award at the Blue Dragon Film Awards helped him secure his position as a new actor to look out for.
His quick success was closely followed by her lead role in the movie Ditto, which won him the Best New Actor Award at the Chunsa Film Art Awards and the Busan Film Critics Awards.
In 2014, he showed up in the drama series Healer alongside big names, wherein he gained more and more recognition for his spectacular acting.
Besides acting, he also has a talent for directing and writing screenplays for movies. His first attempt as a director was to make the award-winning short movie The Bike Boy (2003).
It was in 2013 that he made his directorial debut with the movie Mai Ratima. It was based on a summary he wrote in school.
- Real Name: Yoo Ji Tae (유지태)
- Stage Name: Yoo Ji Tae (유지태)
- Nickname: Ji Tae (지태)
- Birthday: April 13, 1976
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: South Korean
- Religion: Christian
- Professions: Actor, Film Director, Screenwriter
Whimoon High School;
Catholic University of Korea Songsin Campus (Social Services);
Dankook University (Department of Theater and Film);
Chung-Ang University Seoul Campus (Graduate School of Advanced Imaging Science, Multimedia, and Film, Videography Engineering)
- Hobbies: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Threads: @jt_db
- Instagram: @jt_db
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: Yoo Ji Tae Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 188 cm (6’2”)
- Weight: 74 kg (163 lbs)
- Blood Type: AB
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: –
- Shoe Size: –
- Father: –
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
- Children: Yoo So In, and 1 more
Wife, Girlfriend & Dating History
The actor met his now-spouse, Kim Hyo Jin, for the first time in 2023 when the pair modeled for a clothing brand. Their friendship started and continued afterwards.
They began openly dating in 2006, which was rare amongst Korean celebrities back then. In August 2011, the couple announced engagement and shared their pre-wedding photos shortly after.
They held marriage ceremony on December 2011 at the Shilla Hotel.
The couple welcomed their first son, who’s named Yoo So In, in July 2014. Their second son was born in April 2019.
Various sources estimated his net worth to be around $1 million to $5 million. He appeared to earn his income primarily through acting.
He donated 10 million won on March 2022 to help the Uljin, Gyeongbuk wildfire’s victim through the Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association.
The actor donated 10 million won to the 2022 Wildflower Film Awards in May that year.
There is no known information on whether he has undergone any cosmetic surgery procedure to change his visual appearance.
- Ji Tae is an actor under BH Entertainment.
- He was raised by a single parent, who is his mother.
- Ji Tae has always had the best figure for a model.
- Because of his diverse range of abilities in acting and directing, he was often delegated to a jury position at a few renowned film festivals.
- He is friends with comedian Kim Joon Ho.
- Ji Tae has two children. The oldest one is named Yoo Soo In and was born on July 5, 2014.
- The second one is named Yoo Roo In and was born on April 15, 2019.
- He has two graduate degrees and one doctoral degree.
- Ji Tae likes doing charity work.
- He and his wife, Kim Hyo Jin, gave some of their wedding gift cash to World Vision to help the development of primary and secondary schools in Myanmar.
- Ji Tae’s mom is a medical caretaker.
- His ideal type is someone who’s confident, intelligent, and enthusiastic.
- Money (2019), as Beon Ho Pyo
- Svaha: The Sixth Finger (2019), as Kim Dong Soo
- The House That Jack Built (2018), as a supporting character
- The Man Only I Can See (2017), as the director
- The Swindlers (2017), as Park Hee Soo
- Split (2016), as Chul Jong
- Old Days (2016), as self
- The Great Actor (2016), as self
- The Tenor – Lirico Spinto (2014), as Bae Jae Cheol
- Mai Ratima (2013), as the director and the screenwriter
- Human Trust (2013), as Osamu Endo
- Star of Hope: Ikhwezi Le Themba (2010), as self
- Midnight F.M. (2010), as Han Dong Soo
- Secret Love (2010), as Jin Woo
- Invitation (2009), as the main role and the director
- Out of My Intention (2008), as the director and the screenwriter
- Hello, Schoolgirl (2008), as Kim Yun Woo
- Hwang Jin Yi (2007), as Nom Yi
- Traces of Love (2006), as Hyun Woo
- Three Fellas (2006), as Lee Chi Soo
- Running Wild (2006), as Oh Jin Woo
- How Does the Blind Dream? (2005), as the director
- Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (2005), as Won Mo
- Antarctic Journal (2005), as Kim Min Jae
- Woman Is the Future of Man (2004), as Lee Moon Ho
- Oldboy (2003), as Lee Woo Jin
- Natural City (2003), as R
- Into the Mirror (2003), as Woo Yeong Min
- Wonderful Days (2003), as a supporting character
- The Bike Boy (2003), as the director
- One Fine Spring Day (2001), as Lee Sang Woo
- MOB 2025 (2001), as K-One
- Libera me (2000), as Kim Hyun Tae
- Nightmare (2000), as Hyeon Jun
- Ditto (2000), as Ji In
- 01412 Sect of the Magic Sword (2000), as Ma Ko
- Attack the Gas Station (1999), as Paint
- Bye June (1998), as Do Ki
- Vigilante (Disney+ | 2023), as Cho Heon
- Villains (TVING | 2023), as Codename J
- Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area (Netflix | 2022), as The Professor
- When My Love Blooms (tvN | 2020), as Han Jae Hyun
- Different Dreams (MBC | 2019), as Kim Won Bong
- Jugglers (KBS2 | 2017), as Choi Kang Woo
- Mad Dog (KBS2 | 2017), as Choi Kang Woo
- The Good Wife (tvN | 2016), as Lee Tae Joon
- Healer (KBS2 | 2014), as Kim Moon Ho
- Star’s Lover (SBS | 2008), as Kim Chul Soo
- 8 Love Stories (SBS | 1999), as Kang Yoon Seok
- 2 Days & 1 Night Season 3 (KBS2 | 2013), as a guest
- 2021 Korea Good Donor Award – Minister of Public Administration and Security Award – Yoo Ji Tae
- 2017 11th Cable TV Broadcasting Awards – Best Actor – The Good Wife
- 2013 Deauville Asian Film Festival – Jury Prize – Mai Ratima
- 2011 1st Ministry of Health and Welfare – Minister’s Award – Yoo Ji Tae
- 2011 Asia Model Festival Awards – Asia Special Award – Yoo Ji Tae
- 2009 1st Korea Humanitarian Awards – Special Prize – Yoo Ji Tae
- 2009 6th Seoul Women’s Prize – Yoo Ji Tae
- 2008 25th Korea Best Dresser Swan Awards – Best Dressed (Movie Actor Category) – Yoo Ji Tae
- 2008 5th Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia – Special Contribution Award – Out of My Intention
- 2006 23rd Busan Asian Short Film Festival – Fuji Film Award – How Does the Blind Dream?
- 2006 4th Korea Fashion World Awards – Best Dressed (Movie Actor Category) – Yoo Ji Tae
- 2003 20th Busan Asian Short Film Festival – Audience Award – The Bike Boy
- 2000 1st Busan Film Critics Awards – Best New Actor – Ditto
- 2000 8th Chunsa Film Art Awards – Best New Actor – Ditto
- 2000 21st Blue Dragon Film Awards – Popular Star Award – Ditto
- 1998 Photographers’ Association – Best Model Award – Yoo Ji Tae
- 1997 Model Center New Model Awards – Grand Prize – Yoo Ji Tae
- 1993 현대무용시상식 – Grand Prize – Yoo Ji Tae
- 2019 MBC Drama Awards – Top Excellence Award (Actor in a Monday – Tuesday Miniseries) – Different Dreams
- 2019 KBS Drama Awards – Top Excellence Award (Actor) – Mad Dog
- 2019 KBS Drama Awards – Excellence Award (Actor in a Miniseries) – Mad Dog
- 2014 KBS Drama Awards – Excellence Award (Actor in a Mid-Length Drama – Healer
- 2014 19th Chunsa Film Awards – Best New Director – Mai Ratima
- 2006 5th Korean Film Awards – Best Supporting Actor – Three Fellas
- 2001 22nd Blue Dragon Film Awards – Best Actor – One Fine Spring Day
- 2001 38th Grand Bell Awards – Best New Actor – Ditto
- 2000 21st Blue Dragon Film Awards – Best Actor – Ditto
- 1999 20th Blue Dragon Film Awards – Best New Actor – Attack the Gas Station
“My wife loves and cares for animals more than she does for people. Especially when she sees stray animals on the streets, she tears up. My wife became a vegetarian 5 years ago, because she didn’t want to eat animals that have feelings.”
“I think many viewers, especially foreign audiences, will remember me as an actor from ‘Oldboy’.”
“Because I had not worked on a drama series or films for a while, my agency and I discussed me starring in a remake of the hit Spanish drama. Because the professor is such a mesmerizing character, I studied hard, hoping to add my own interpretation.”
“I focused a lot on my diction and pronunciation, hoping to deliver the plan in a calm tone. I studied voice acting a lot.”
“[Three things he treasured most], the first is a wedding ring, where I want to live in happiness and hope. Then there are cameras, which make my heart beat.”
“At first, Kim Hyo Jin didn’t even like me. She told me that I looked odd in commercials and that she could not understand why I am so well-liked. It was after a while she eventually admitted that she ‘got it’ after watching ‘One Fine Spring Day’.”
“Projects that are exposed a lot to the audience is important, but sincere acting in order to create my own story as an actor is what is more important to me.”
“Being forced to worry about the others’ gaze can prevent you from receiving the happiness ordinary people receive, but I have a special kind of self-esteem.”
Who is Yoo Ji Tae?
He is a South Korean actor, screenwriter, and movie director.
Who is Yoo Ji Tae’s real name?
His real name is Yoo Ji Tae (유지태).
What makes Yoo Ji Tae famous?
He became famous after appearing in Korean movies such as Attack the Gas Station (1999), Ditto (2000), One Fine Spring Day (2001), and Oldboy (2003).
Where is Yoo Ji Tae from?
He was born in Seoul, South Korea.
How old is Yoo Ji Tae?
He was born in 1976, and he is 48 years old as of 2024.
When does Yoo Ji Tae celebrate his birthday?
He celebrates on the 13th of every April.
How tall is Yoo Ji Tae?
His height is 6’2″ or 188 cm.
Who are Yoo Ji Tae’s parents?
He did not reveal the names of his father and mother
Is Yoo Ji Tae married?
Yes, he is married to Kim Hyo Jin. They tied the knot in 2011.
Who is Yoo Ji Tae’s ex-girlfriend?
His ex-girlfriend is not known.
How rich is Yoo Ji Tae?
His net worth is around $1 million to $5 million.
What is Yoo Ji Tae’s nationality?
His nationality is South Korean.
Not only is Yoo Ji Tae a successful actor, but he is also an award-winning director and screenwriter. No wonder he is very well-known among fellow actors and Korean netizens.