Anne Hathaway had played some plays in her high school and took a role in Get Real series.
Her career milestone started when Annie played The Princess Diaries as Mia in 2001. Then, she continued to play adult roles on Brokeback Mountain and Havoc in 2015.
The major financial success was on The Devil Wears Prada in 2016, when she played as an assistant for Meryl Streep’s character, Miranda Priestly.
Two years later, she portrayed a recovering alcoholic on Rachel Getting Married and received the Academy Award for Best Actress nomination.
Next, she played Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises in 2012. In the same year, she joined Tom Hooper’s musical movie, Les Misérables, and earned a number of awards such as the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress and BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
In 2014, Christopher Nolan appointed her to be an astronaut named Amelia Brand in Interstellar.
She continued to explore roles and genres in the filming industry.
She played in a black comedy film titled Colossal, a thriller film The Last Thing He Wanted in 2020, and a fantasy comedy The Witches as the evil witch.
- Full name: Anne Jacqueline Hathaway
- Stage name: Anne Hathaway
- Nickname: Annie
- Born: November 12, 1982 in New York, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Profession: Actress
- Education: New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Hobbies: Listening to music and watching movies
- Parents: Gerald Hathaway (Father) and Kate McCauley Hathaway (Mother)
- Husband: Adam Shulman
- Instagram: @annehathaway
- Facebook: @Hathway
- Her trademark is brown doe eyes.
- Her name was inspired by William Shakespeare’s wife.
- Hathaway’s friends include Emily Blunt, Amanda Seyfried, and the designer Valentino.
- She is a big fan of Meryl Streep.
- This woman also adores Johnny Depp. They had worked together on Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass.
- During her early career, Anne’s beauty was compared to Audrey Hepburn and Judy Garland.
- When she was a teenager, Annie suffered from anxiety and depression.
- Hathaway received the highest honors when graduating from Millburn High School in 2012.
- In 2001, Hathaway missed her first semester in college due to filming The Princess Diaries.
- She became one of the 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 in Teen People Magazine.
- Her mother is an actress and played a role in Anne’s movie The Princess Diaries 2.
- Hathaway help vaccinate children against Hepatitis in Nicaragua in 2006.
- In 2009, Anne ranked #9 in FHM Magazine as one of the 100 sexiest women.
- She also was listed on the fifth rank in Top 99 Most Desirable Women by AskMen.com in the same year.
- She won over ten prestigious awards including the Critics’ Choice Award and Golden Globe Award for her performance in Les Misérables.
- During the filming process for Les Misérables, she had to stop eating for 13 days in total.
- Annie wore a wedding gown designed by her best friend Valentino.
- In 2017, the United Nations honored her with a speech for International Women’s Day.
- Hathaway was almost drowned when having a vacation in Hawaii. Fortunately, a surfer quickly rescued her.
- She began to film Ocean’s Eight 7 months after giving birth to Jonathan, her son.
1. Hi! It’s a selfie from Annie
2. The make up, outfit, and expression look scary, isn’t it?
3. This golden dress matches her golden personality
4. Annie’s masculine look is from Ralph Laurent
5. What do you think of the combination of yellow and navy in her outfit here?
Anne Hathaway is a talented actress. She is willing to grow and explore her roles although it sometimes costs suffers from extreme diet and dangerous scenes.