Tate McRae started his career in singing and dancing in 2011, when she established her YouTube channel that mainly posted about her dance videos.
In 2013, she began her career in broadcasting by becoming a voice dubber for the Nickelodeon animated series, Lalaloopsy, as Spot Splatter Splash.
During that year, Tate’s career in dancing also gained significantly, proven by her achievement as Mini Best Female Dancer for the 2013 Dance Awards.
Tate then appeared in a movie as a cameo for Annie (2014), followed by her voice dubbing job for Lalaloopsy Ponies: The Big Show.
This Cancer singer and dancer then made a huge decision in 2014, by deciding to join Dancing with the Stars, an American dance competition.
One year later, Tate continued her dance career by joining So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation (2015).
Tate’s career was focused on dancing during those years, and she started to establish her career as a singer in 2017 by debuting her own single, One Day.
That single became popular on the internet and consequently made her name rise into stardom, and she continued to release her independent songs, such as Dear Ex Best Friends and Dear Parents until 2018.
She finally was signed with a record label, RCA Records, in 2019, followed by her debut EP release, All the Things I Never Said.
One year later, Tate released her second EP, Too Young to Be Sad (2020), followed by her song release of Feel Like Shit (2021) and She’s All I Wanna Be (2021).
- Real Name: Tatum Rosner McRae
- Stage Name: Tate McRae
- Nickname: Tate
- Birthday: July 1, 2003
- Birthplace: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Nationality: Canadian
- Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Dancer
- Education: The American International School Muscat, Western Canada High School
- Hobbies: Singing, Dancing
- Parents: Tanja Rosner (mother)
- Siblings: Tucker McRae (brother)
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @tatemcrae
- Instagram: @tatemcrae
- TikTok: @tatemcrae1
- YouTube: Tate McRae Official
- Her father is Scottish.
- Tate’s mother comes from Germany.
- Tate and her family moved to Oman when she was 4 years old.
- She loves dancing and singing so much.
- Tate is able to dance to all styles of dance.
- She once got a ballet lesson from the School of Alberta Ballet.
- She’s obsessed with Dua Lipa.
- Tate is afraid with heights.
- She is also afraid of dark.
- Tate thought that her drive is one of her favorite things about herself.
- Her favorite fictional character is Ian from Nerve, a character which was played by actor Dave Franco.
- She has never seen Harry Potter.
- Tate always wears the same necklace for different events, a gift from her mother.
- She couldn’t live without her lip balm and mascara.
- For her, loyalty is the main key for everything.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $2 million.
- Lalaloopsy: Band Together (2015), as Spot Splatter Splash (voice)
- Lalaloopsy Ponies: The Big Show (2014), as Spot Splatter Splash (voice)
- Annie (2014), as cameo (Orphan #17)
- Lala-Oopsies: A Sew Magical Tale (2013), as Princess Nutmeg (voice)
- Lalaloopsy (Nickelodeon | 2013-2015), as Spot Splatter Splash (voice)
- She’s All I Wanna Be (2022)
- Feel Like Shit (2021)
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas (2021)
- That Way (2021) — with Jeremy Zucker
- Working (2021) — with Khalid
- U Love U (2021) — with. Blackbear
- You (2021) — with Regard and Troye Sivan
- Bad Ones (2021)
- Slower (2021)
- Rubberband (2021)
- R U OK (2020)
- Lie To Me (2020) — with Ali Gatie
- Don’t Be Sad (2020)
- Vicious (2020) — ft. Lil Mosey
- You Broke Me First (2020)
- Stupid (2019)
- All My Friends Are Fake (2019)
- Tear Myself Apart (2019)
- Kids Are Alright (2019)
- Slip (2019)
- Drown (2018)
- Can’t Get It Out (2018)
- Distant (2018)
- Shoulder To Shoulder (2018)
- Teenage Mind (2018)
- Hard to Find (2017)
- Hung Up On You (2017)
- One Day (2017)
- Late Night with Seth Meyers (NBC | 2021), as performer
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show (NBC | 2021), as guest
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (NBC | 2021), as performer
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC | 2021), as performer
- So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation (Fox | 2015), as dancer
- Dancing with the Stars (ABC | 2014), as dancer
- People’s Choice Awards 2021 — The New Artist of 2021 – Herself — Nominated
- Western Canadian Music Awards 2021 — BreakOut Artist of the Year – Herself — Nominated
- BreakTudo Awards 2020 — Best Release of New Artist – You Broke Me First — Nominated
- Youth America Grand Prix 2017 — Women Contemporary in Junior Age Division – Porcelain and Stillness — Won
“I have some big dreams. I really want my work to be worldwide and for a lot of people to hear it, just because I have a lot to say.”
“I have to juggle school, dance training every night, work-outs and all the writing sessions.”
“My idea of my music is constantly changing so I feel like how other people react to my old songs just ends up putting more pressure on myself from my own perspective.”
“I go through regular problems. It’s funny – there’s still two sides to me: the normal one and the work one. I feel like I’m pulling a Hannah Montana.”
“There’s this big rumor that I was a backup dancer when I was 11. Not true!”
“Since I danced really intensely, singing was more just something that I enjoyed.”
Tate McRae is one of the most inspiring young entertainer for teenagers. She is beautiful, talented, humble, and hard-working.