Billie Eilish’s popularity from her debut song Ocean Eyes was intentional. In 2015, her dance teacher, Fred Diaz, asked her brother, Finneas, to write a song, so he could create the choreography.
After the song finished, Finneas asked her to sing the song since it would sound better with a woman’s voice. They uploaded it on SoundCloud, and it went viral unexpectedly.
Eilish started signed contracts with well-known brands such as Apple and Channel.
Then, she released other singles Bellyache, Bored, Watch, Copycat, and more in 2017 to follow Ocean Eyes’ success.
The next year, she held the Where’s My Mind Tour and partnered with other artists like Drake and Khalid.
In 2019, her 2017-song Don’t Smile at Me got 1 billion streams on Spotify. Next, she released her first album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
The album peaked at any chart including Billboard 200 and UK Albums Chart.
In 2019, Billie got nominated for six Grammy Awards and was crowned Billboard Woman of The Year. The next year at the 2020 Grammy Awards, she eventually won four categories.
- Full name: Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell
- Stage name: Billie Eilish
- Nickname: Billies, Avocados, Pirates
- Born: December 18, 2001, in California, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Homeschooling
- Hobbies: dancing, designing things, and singing
- Parents: Patrick O’Connell (Father) and Maggie Baird (Mother)
- Sibling: Finneas O’Connell
- Boyfriend: –
- Instagram: @billieeilish
- Facebook: @billieeilish
- TikTok: @billieeilish
- YouTube: Billie Eilish
- Twitter: @billieeilish
- The name Pirate was given by her brother.
- She has a low key and melancholic singing voice.
- This everything i wanted singer cares about animal rights and veganism. She regularly posts it on social media.
- Eilish’s trademarks are dyed hair, baggy clothing, and chains.
- She loves writing her title’s songs in lower-case.
- Billie chooses baggy clothing to keep away from being sexualized.
- The singer used to listen to Justin Bieber, Avril Lavigne, and The Beatles.
- She sometimes hates and loves social media. Billie thinks it can change her feelings and perspectives.
- Eilish actually smiles a lot in real life.
- She has synesthesia. It makes her see music as colors. This condition eases her to create a style for music videos.
- She gets inspiration from Tyler the Creator to be free-spirited.
- For her, creative freedom is important. She doesn’t want to produce songs because people want to.
- At the age of 8, this female singer joined the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus.
- The Netflix series 13 Reasons Why featured her song in 2017.
- Billie collaborated with Adobe Creative cloud in 2019 and had a hashtag #BILLIExADOBE.
- In February 2019, Billie and his brother Finneas performed Yesterday at the Oscars.
- In 2020, Billie Eilish sang for the James Bond theme, No Time to Die. She became the youngest singer for doing it!
- She also won five Grammy Awards in the same year. She became both the youngest and first female artist who ever received four main Grammy categories. They are Album of The Year, Song of The Year, Best New Artist, and Record of the Year.
- The Door sung by The Strokes was her favorite song in 2020.
1. Look at her smile!
2. Her dimples melt everyone’s hearts
3. This makeup looks gorgeous on her, isn’t it?
4. What do you think of her purple outfit?
5. Sticking out her tongue is her favorite pose!
There’s always a reason why she becomes the top star and idol for many people. Her talent is incredible and she’s not afraid to be different.