Billie Eilish is an American singer, composer, and songwriter who became a pop superstar because of her musical and fashion sensibilities.
Also, she gained attention worldwide in 2015 for the song Ocean Eyes and became the youngest person ever to win a Grammy for album of the year in 2020.
Billie Eilish’s popularity from her debut song Ocean Eyes was intentional. In 2015, her dance teacher, Fred Diaz, asked her brother, Finneas, to write a song, so he could create the choreography.
After the song finished, Finneas asked her to sing it since it would sound better with a woman’s voice. Moreover, they uploaded it on SoundCloud, and it went viral unexpectedly.
Then, Eilish started signing contracts with well-known brands such as Apple and Channel.
Not only that, but she released other singles, Bellyache, Bored, Watch, Copycat, and more, in 2017 to follow Ocean Eyes success.
The following year, she held the Where’s My Mind Tour and partnered with other artists like Drake and Khalid.
In 2019, her 2017 song Don’t Smile at Me got 1 billion streams on Spotify. Next, she released her first album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
Furthermore, the album peaked at any chart including Billboard 200 and UK Albums Chart.
In 2019, Billie was nominated for Grammy Awards and crowned Billboard Woman of The Year. The following year at the 2020 Grammy Awards, she eventually won four categories.
Read more: Justin Bieber – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Full Name: Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell
- Stage Name: Billie Eilish
- Nickname: Billies, Avocados, Pirates
- Birthday: December 18, 2001
- Birthplace Los Angeles, California, United States
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Composer
- Education: Homeschooling
- Hobbies: dancing, designing things, and singing
- Facebook: @billieeilish
- Twitter: @billieeilish
- Instagram: @billieeilish
- TikTok: @billieeilish
- YouTube: Billie Eilish Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 161 cm (5’3”)
- Weight: 57 kg (126 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 40-27-37 (Bust-40, Waist-27, and Hips-37 in inches)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Father: Patrick O’Connell
- Mother: Maggie Baird
- Brother: Finneas O’Connell
- Sister: –
Boyfriend & Dating History
Brandon Quentin Adams
Billie Eilish gave viewers about her love life in her Apple TV+ documentary, The World’s A Little Blurry, which opened up about her relationship with rapper Brandon Quentin Adams, aka Q.
In addition, Brandon first appeared in the documentary around 2018 and seemed to break up in June 2019.
Eilish is candid about why they broke up after dating for less than a year. With this in mind, she is seen talking about her breakup backstage concert in New York City.
Matthew Tyler Vorce
Eilish sparked dating rumors with actor and writer Matthew Tyler Vorce after they were spotted close drinking coffee with her beloved dog,
In this case, Eilish did not publicly confirm her relationship with Matthew to the public. However, after a year of dating, they turned off the speculation of dating rumors.
In addition, Matthew also confirmed their split in a statement on Instagram at the time. It is unknown how they first met, but they began to get close at the end of 2018.
Many people have previously speculated that Billie Eilish and Justin Bieber are romantically involved due to their close friendship in 2019.
However, the two of them were never more than good friends because Justin was married to Hailey Baldwin.
In this case, Billie was a Belieber in her teens, so she always praised Justin for being an inspiration to her.
Following a year-long romance with actor Matthew Tyler Vorce, Eilish is now dating Rockstar Jesse Rutherford.
In this case, she first sparked romance rumors with The Neighbourhood singer Jesse, 31, after they were spotted together in a haunted maze at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios in Los Angeles hand in hand.
Then, they sparked dating speculation just days after they were spotted together at a restaurant. Afterward, they confirmed the relationship when they were spotted kissing in California.
Furthermore, in November, the pair made their debut at the 2022 Lacma Gala in LA by matching their outfits by wearing monogrammed Gucci pajamas.
Her net worth is estimated to be $30 million. In this case, her wealth is earned from several jobs such as singer, composer, and actress for film documenter.
Billie is one of the highest-paid musicians who are most influential in the world. For that reason, between June 2019 and June 2020, she earned $25 million from her music career.
From her role as the documenter, Apple paid Eilish $25 million dollars for one documentary about her life.
Back in 2019, Billie bought a farm directly in Glendale, California. With this in mind, the property had a significant sale price of 2.3 million dollars.
Although she earned more than $50 million in 2020, she continued living with her parents until recently.
- The name Pirate was given by her brother.
- In addition, she has a low-key and melancholic singing voice.
- In this case, she regularly posts it on social media.
- Eilish’s trademarks are dyed hair, baggy clothing, and chains.
- Also, she loves writing her title’s songs in lowercase.
- Billie chooses baggy clothing to keep away from being sexualized.
- The singer used to listen to Justin Bieber, Avril Lavigne, and The Beatles.
- She sometimes hates and loves social media. Billie thinks it can change her feelings and perspectives.
- Eilish actually smiles a lot in real life.
- She has synesthesia. It makes her see music as colors. This condition eases her to create a style for music videos.
- She gets inspiration from Tyler the Creator to be free-spirited.
- For her, creative freedom is important. She doesn’t want to produce songs because people want to.
- At the age of 8, this female singer joined the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus.
- In this case, the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why featured her song in 2017.
- Also, Billie collaborated with Adobe Creative Cloud in 2019 and had the hashtag #BILLIExADOBE.
- In February 2019, Billie and his brother Finneas performed Yesterday at the Oscars.
- In 2020, Billie Eilish sang for the James Bond theme, No Time to Die. She became the youngest singer for doing it!
- The Door, sung by The Strokes, was her favorite song in 2020.
- Her ideal type is…
Read more: Ariana Grande – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- The 30th (2022)
- I Didn’t Change My Number (2021)
- Your Power (2021)
- Billie Bossa Nova (2021)
- Getting Older (2021)
- Goldwing (2021)
- Halley’s Comet (2021)
- Happier Than Ever (2021)
- Everybody Dies (2021)
- Everything I Wanted (2019)
- Goodbye (2019)
- Bad Guy (2019)
- All the Good Girls Go to Hell (2019)
- 8 (2019)
- Bury a Friend (2019)
- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (2019)
- Bitches Broken Hearts (2018)
- Come Out and Play (2018)
- Copycat (2017)
- Hostage (2017)
- Burn (2017)
- Bellyache (2017)
- Bored (2017)
- Ocean Eyes (2016)
- Fingers Crossed (2015)
- 2023 Kids’ Choice Awards USA – Favorite Female Artist
- 2023 Grammy Awards – Best Music Film
- 2022 Jury Award – Best Original Song
- 2022 HMMA Award – Best Original Song
- 2022 Golden Globe – Best Original Song – Motion Picture
- 2022 Critics Choice Award – Best Song
- 2022 Brit – International Artist of the Year
- 2022 CACF Award – Best Original Song
- 2022 Brit – International Song of the Year For “Happier Than Ever”
- 2022 Grammy Awards – Best Pop Solo Performance
- 2022 Grammy Awards – Record of the Year
- 2022 Grammy Awards – Song of the Year
- 2022 Grammy Awards – Record of the Year
- 2022 Grammy Awards – Best Pop Vocal Album
- 2022 Grammy Awards – Album of the Year
- 2021 Billboard Music Award – Top Female Artist
- 2020 Grammy Awards – Best Pop Solo Performance
- 2020 American Music Award – Favorite Social Artist
- 2019 American Music Award – Favorite Album Pop/Rock
- 2019 American Music Award – Favorite Female Artist Pop/Rock
- 2022 GAFCA Award – Best Original Song
- 2022 Gold Derby Film Award – Original Song
- 2022 CIC Award – Best Original Song
- 2022 Gold Derby Music Award – Artist of the Year
- 2021 Capri Song Award – Best Original Song
- 2021 DFCS Award – Best Original Song
- 2021 Grammy Awards – Record of the Year
- 2020 Grammy Awards – Song of the Year
- 2020 Grammy Awards – Record of the Year
- 2020 Grammy Awards – Best Pop Vocal Album of the Year
- 2020 Grammy Awards – Album of the Year
- 2019 American Music Award – New Artist of the Year
- 2019 American Music Award – Favorite Artist Alternative Rock
- 2019 MTV MIAW Award – Hit Global
- 2019 YouTube Creator Awards – Diamond Creator
- 2018 YouTube Creator Awards – Gold Creator Award
“Nothing really scares me, to be honest.”
“I never thought a career as a musician was possible.”
“Clothing and fashion are kind of my security blanket, almost.”
“I’ve always done whatever I want and always been exactly who I am.”
“In real life, I’m a really smiley person. I smile when I talk and I laugh.”
“I’ve always liked being busy. If I have nothing to do for a week, it just makes me mad.”
“If I make music and people hate it, you know, whatever. I’ll die someday, and one day, they will too.”
“Pirate was going to be my middle name, but then my uncle had a problem with it because pirates are bad.”
“I hate smiling. It makes me feel weak and powerless and small. I’ve always been like that. I don’t smile in any pictures.”
“I’m not a category of a person. I’m the same person, for my whole life. I like this thing this time, and I like this thing that time.”
“I’m not going to say I’m cool, because I don’t really feel that. I just don’t care at all, and I guess that’s what people think is cool.”
“I don’t see myself as a pop artist. Like, when you hear ‘pop,’ you’re like, ‘Oh, bubblegum, jumpy little girly stuff,’ and I feel like, ‘Uh-uh. That’s not me.’”
Pics of Billie Eilish
1. Look at her smile!
2. Her dimples melt everyone’s hearts
3. This makeup looks gorgeous on her, isn’t it?
4. What do you think of her purple outfit?
5. Sticking out her tongue is her favorite pose!
All in all, there’s always a reason why she becomes the top star and idol for many people. In this case, her talent is incredible and she’s not afraid to be different as musician.